Author Topic: Postcards Series 9 Sketch Spoilers  (Read 43151 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Postcards Series 9 Sketch Spoilers
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2013, 06:29:03 PM »
I've had mine for several days already, but just getting to post now. For what I paid for an LE and RE set, I think I did fine. My pulls:

Nicely done sketches, but I don't recognize "Malbarko" from postcards; all I can think of is Maulboro.  What am I missing?

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
I've had mine for several days already, but just getting to post now. For what I paid for an LE and RE set, I think I did fine. My pulls:

You did good they stuffed them good
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2013, 06:59:51 PM »
I don't recognize "Malbarko" from postcards; all I can think of is Maulboro.  What am I missing?
The possibility that Smokin' Joe was smokin' while doing these?   LOL, just kidding, Joe.

I don't recognize Malbarko, either, but that means little....

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2013, 07:04:24 PM »
The possibility that Smokin' Joe was smokin' while doing these?   LOL, just kidding, Joe.

Maybe it's a super-rare Wonky sketch!

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2013, 08:54:04 PM »
here's mine that I got today. Really loving all the RE stickers, lots of detail, use of shape, shading, etc.. Debating whether to try and trade the cool Croc for another nice Ruffs, or maybe a Ruffs to get more variety.

and while I too got a Engstrom chicken - this fowl is red hot! and a keeper.

[expando]http://i42.tinypic.com/2rnvp7m.jpg[/expando]

I think you did really well. Seems like your RE pulls were better than the LE ones. I'm wondering with the LE ones if the artists were just worn out doing the RE sets. I can't bring myself to roll the dice for an RE set after-the-fact though. ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »

I think you did real well based on all the same Engstrom and Simko sketches. It really sucks because of the same sketches. A guy that bought 3 sets shouldn't get the same sketch. Really?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2013, 05:26:06 AM »
A guy that bought 3 sets shouldn't get the same sketch. Really?

LOL. think how I feel about my binder sketch dupes. Really?

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2013, 05:57:36 AM »
Yeah, the dupe thing has really killed it for me in general, unfortunately. I'm still in for Halloween though!

If this is a result of Topps policy, then they've managed to shoot themselves in the foot on this one...

Pat and I swapped commons (Engstrom Corn Flames for Simko England's Beast).

Offline Wgblood

« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2013, 08:55:51 AM »
I like my RE sketches but got a beast and chicken for my LE sketches.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2013, 11:18:18 AM »

Has anyone seen any RE sticker sketches by Dave Gross or Brent Engstrom?  I don't believe I've seen any from either artist.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2013, 12:40:19 PM »
I like my RE sketches but got a beast and chicken for my LE sketches.

Does the “but” in your statement mean you prefer your RE sketches to your LE sketches?

I expected the RE sketches to be of somewhat lower quality or less detail than the LE sketches, but from what I see so far, the two types seem to be about on par with each other.

When I receive my LE sketch (today?), if I’m not thrilled with it, I’ll fight buyers remorse and will try not to say, “I should have gotten one of those regular sketches!”

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
Jean Nutty my postcards just came in! All the way from NJ to California, took one week!
Got all 6 bio cards and although no 5x7s or colors, got a Camera, Gross and Kirsht  - will post these later.
Nothing spectacular but decent - 2 nice RE sketches too, a Camera and a J Graham - have to agree with
others here that the REs are on par with the LE sketches....except for the 5x7s of course...
Alex

Offline Wgblood

« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2013, 02:19:59 PM »
Does the “but” in your statement mean you prefer your RE sketches to your LE sketches?

I expected the RE sketches to be of somewhat lower quality or less detail than the LE sketches, but from what I see so far, the two types seem to be about on par with each other.

When I receive my LE sketch (today?), if I’m not thrilled with it, I’ll fight buyers remorse and will try not to say, “I should have gotten one of those regular sketches!”

Yes it does.  I like the diversity of the RE sketches.  With the LE sketches so many of the Corn Flames & Englands Beast look exactly the same so I must admit I am a little disappointed with the two that I received.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2013, 06:37:19 PM »
Yes it does.  I like the diversity of the RE sketches.  With the LE sketches so many of the Corn Flames & Englands Beast look exactly the same so I must admit I am a little disappointed with the two that I received.

It's so damn confusing when purchasing. I like the RE sketches I got but I'm Leary of ordering more.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2013, 07:25:45 PM »
Here's mine. I'm happy with them, but would have preferred at least one of the new characters. Guess I'll head to ebay for that...

[expando]http://s23.postimg.org/xj3abfoo7/PC9s.jpg[/expando]

(Not sure if the pics are showing up or not. Seems to take forever to load)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:06:12 AM by Duznt »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2013, 10:02:18 PM »
Jean Nutty my postcards just came in! All the way from NJ to California, took one week!
Got all 6 bio cards and although no 5x7s or colors, got a Camera, Gross and Kirsht  - will post these later.
Nothing spectacular but decent - 2 nice RE sketches too, a Camera and a J Graham - have to agree with
others here that the REs are on par with the LE sketches....except for the 5x7s of course...
Alex

I’m heading to NJ in four weeks to see my family! It's been 8 years and I can't wait.

I pulled Brent’s chicken                                               :P

If anyone wants to help me flip this bird, LMN. I'd like to trade for another PC 9 sketch. I’ll include two bio cards (Simko/Kirscht) if you need ‘em. Might consider including the stamps too.
Rob
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:03:53 PM by Jean Nutty »

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2013, 10:05:37 PM »
Ok, ok... it was intended as a 'Maulboro'... but I got so involved in drawing the font that I forgot to spell it correctly (I dropped the 'U' somehow)... so half way through I realized what I did and improvised it into a new word that I thought still fit ('Mal' means 'bad' in French). I think my muse had been drinking that morning.
    -Smokin' Joe
Smokin' Joe

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »
Ok, ok... it was intended as a 'Maulboro'... but I got so involved in drawing the font that I forgot to spell it correctly (I dropped the 'U' somehow)... so half way through I realized what I did and improvised it into a new word that I thought still fit ('Mal' means 'bad' in French). I think my muse had been drinking that morning.
    -Smokin' Joe

Thanks Smokin' I love your sketches! So you dropped a 'U' big deal. It makes it unique!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2013, 11:22:24 PM »
Here are my pulls - the LEs were all consecutively numbered,,,,

[expando]http://s21.postimg.org/8kum2805v/LEWackypostcards.jpg[/expando]

[expando]http://s21.postimg.org/jlpr78ser/Re_Wacky_Postcard.jpg[/expando]

Alex
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:08:24 PM by Alexeirex »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2013, 11:35:44 PM »
Got my three packs today and decided to be a sport and open them. Sigh. Two corn flames (Brent: I loved your Groundhog's Day work, but $52.99 each for two of these is pretty frustrating...).

I pulled a David Gross "Gloomy Bears" that will be going up on eBay tomorrow night unless someone wants it first. If you do, send me a PM with your best offer:

[expando]http://www.orderofhpak.com/Wackys/WackyPC9_DavidGrossGloomyBears.jpg[/expando]

I did manage to pull all 6 bio cards, so that was something. But I have to say I will probably just be doing the Halloween PC's from here on out.  :sad:

P.S.  Postimage seems to be having problems. Loading super slow. Also I think people need to use the "expando" tag so we see thumbnails here or use thumbnails for links or something. Have a feeling it is the larger size photos (from iPhones for example) plus Postimage running slowly.

How does one use the expand tag??? I've covered the url to my image and clicked the expand image icon and it returned a box with a question mark...
A

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2013, 05:39:55 AM »
How does one use the expand tag??? I've covered the url to my image and clicked the expand image icon and it returned a box with a question mark...
A
did you delete the IMAGE tags when you did that? can't double them up in this case.

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2013, 07:53:19 AM »
Thanks Smokin' I love your sketches! So you dropped a 'U' big deal. It makes it unique!

Brad ment to say "U" nique........

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2013, 08:08:41 AM »
did you delete the IMAGE tags when you did that? can't double them up in this case.
I just tried that on mine. Still doesn't show up for me. Can you see my sketch cards in my recent post above?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2013, 08:16:14 AM »
I just tried that on mine. Still doesn't show up for me. Can you see my sketch cards in my recent post above?

Yes, they even expand out (a little).
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2013, 09:34:33 AM »
A

I don’t think the expando function works with Postimages

(I believe expando only works with images that are uploaded to other websites)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2013, 10:56:29 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean by deleting the image tag? Do I cover the url address (which is supplied by postimage) and click
the image icon, then click the expand icon?
JeanNutty indicated that it doesn't work with Postimage - I'll see if I can use an address/link from Photobucket perhaps....
Alex

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2013, 12:23:32 PM »
    -Smokin' Joe
So, that means this is a one-off?   :s_cool:

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by deleting the image tag? Do I cover the url address (which is supplied by postimage) and click
the image icon, then click the expand icon?
JeanNutty indicated that it doesn't work with Postimage - I'll see if I can use an address/link from Photobucket perhaps....
Alex

An image tag is the coding that is added to both ends of the image link when you highlight the image link and click on the buttons

When you use the image button

Your image link gets these tags attached to both ends of the image link   [ img ]

When you use the expando button

Your image link gets these tags attached to both ends of the image link   [/expando]

[After looking at Duzn’t post above, he was able to get the expando function to work (somewhat – “mini-expando”) with a Postimage link]

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2013, 01:06:54 PM »
An image tag is the coding that is added to both ends of the image link when you highlight the image link and click on the buttons

When you use the image button (Image removed from quote.)

Your image link gets these tags attached to both ends of the image link   [ img ]

When you use the expando button (Image removed from quote.)

Your image link gets these tags attached to both ends of the image link   [/expando]

[After looking at Duzn’t post above, he was able to get the expando function to work (somewhat – “mini-expando”) with a Postimage link]

Yeah, that's what I did - still doesn't work on the Postimage link....what am I doing wrong?! A

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2013, 01:49:41 PM »
Here are my pulls - the LEs were all consecutively numbered,,,,

Alex

Alex, I added one of your images below in expando. To see the code, click on Quote.  It doesn't expand much however... that seems to be a postimage related behavior.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:51:48 PM by sco(o)t »

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2013, 01:52:16 PM »
Yeah, that's what I did - still doesn't work on the Postimage link....what am I doing wrong?! A

I like them just fine the way you posted them Alex. IMHO expando is just a cheap gimmick. Can't stand it.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
I like them just fine the way you posted them Alex. IMHO expando is just a cheap gimmick. Can't stand it.

Awwww, how can you say that... some of my favorite childhood memories are associated with cheap gimmicks like Pet Rocks, Chia Pets, Lawn Jarts, Hula Hoops, etc.  ;)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »
Alex, I added one of your images below in expando. To see the code, click on Quote.  It doesn't expand much however... that seems to be a postimage related behavior.

Thank ya Scott! A

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2013, 03:21:37 PM »
 It doesn't expand much however... that seems to be a postimage related behavior.

postimage blows. I stopped using it a long time ago, just non-stop frustration.
tinypic.com and others play really well with the image and expando tags.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2013, 03:31:18 PM »
postimage blows. I stopped using it a long time ago, just non-stop frustration.
tinypic.com and others play really well with the image and expando tags.

It could be a lot better but its free. My hosting company charges a lot for storage so I have to use a 3rd party.