Author Topic: Postcards Series 9 Sketch Spoilers  (Read 43110 times)

Offline ratchet007

Postcards Series 9 Sketch Spoilers
« on: June 26, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »

Kinda sucks I pulled 2 sketches almost identical. If anyone wants to trade PM me.

All three are now for sale on e-Bay. PM me if you're interested in one and we can work something out.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:17:04 AM by ratchet007 »

Offline DrDeal

PC9 Sketch Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:19:34 PM »

Offline ratchet007

Re: Postcards Series 9 Sketch Spoilers
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:19:38 PM »
Here are the sketch stickers from the Regular Edition.

Offline ratchet007

Re: PC9 Sketch Spoilers
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 04:23:31 PM »

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 04:26:58 PM »
Here are the sketch stickers from the Regular Edition.

Maybe you can look forward to the Vikes going 12 & 4                             BLNT
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 04:30:26 PM »

Kinda sucks I pulled 2 sketches almost identical. If anyone wants to trade PM me.

I think this explains the sketches of a bird on fire that have turned up recently on PC7 card stock that didn't match a Wacky title.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 04:58:36 PM »
Here are 27 random sketches that can be pulled from packs

Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline grabowski67

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 05:00:19 PM »
Happy with my pulls

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »
Nice stuff Matthew!

Who the heck is Ron Comes?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 06:04:58 PM »
I thought the LE sets would only be sketches of PC9 characters. I already have sketches of the other characters. I'm glad I didn't go crazy over these.

Offline ClubbedCanadian

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 06:07:30 PM »
Awesome sketches Matt!!
Thanks for posting them  ;)

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »
Thanks guys!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »
Thanks guys!

Beautiful stuff! I especially love the eyes on the bassquick pie!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 07:01:41 PM »
I thought the LE sets would only be sketches of PC9 characters. I already have sketches of the other characters. I'm glad I didn't go crazy over these.

Since this is the first time we did sticker sketches, it was open to all the characters in the postcard sets.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 07:22:34 PM »
Here are 27 random sketches that can be pulled from packs

oh please oh please, let one of these be for me!

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 09:03:59 PM »
Since this is the first time we did sticker sketches, it was open to all the characters in the postcard sets.

I'm with Brad on this one.  Thus far I've enjoyed attempting to get one sketch for each postcard character within each release set (which I put together on the same page in my binders).  But from what I can tell from the postings, both the sticker sketches and the regular LE cardstock sketches could be of any character from any set.  Now it will be that much harder to get sketch pulls that correspond to Series 9, and what do you do with a series 9 sketch that is of a series 5 character?  Put it in binder with the set the character came from, or float in the series 9 set like an orphan?  I know I'm being more anal about this than most collectors, but I do wish that the sketch subject matter would align to the characters of the set they were released with.  Without that, the sketches seem even less like they're actually part of any particular release.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 09:34:33 PM »
Guys, I just opened my sets and pulled a postcard-sized sketch card from one.  Anyone know the story on these?  Has anyone else found a super-sized sketch?
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 09:38:31 PM »
I'm with Brad on this one.  Thus far I've enjoyed attempting to get one sketch for each postcard character within each release set (which I put together on the same page in my binders).  But from what I can tell from the postings, both the sticker sketches and the regular LE cardstock sketches could be of any character from any set.  Now it will be that much harder to get sketch pulls that correspond to Series 9, and what do you do with a series 9 sketch that is of a series 5 character?  Put it in binder with the set the character came from, or float in the series 9 set like an orphan?  I know I'm being more anal about this than most collectors, but I do wish that the sketch subject matter would align to the characters of the set they were released with.  Without that, the sketches seem even less like they're actually part of any particular release.

Well said. I think this hurt the series. If Topps or the artists need ideas they should poll the forum. I doubt that will happen but its a thought.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 10:31:35 PM »
Here are my pulls.

Check out that super-sized combo sketch!!

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 10:52:35 PM »
Here are my pulls.

That's cool Jason!  Never saw a sketch by two artists!!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 04:11:58 AM »

I appreciate your comments. Good, bad or ugly, I personally like to hear what forum members enjoy (or don't) about the postcard sets. It helps to make future sets better...

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 04:46:59 AM »
Awesome sketch you pulled Jason,that sketch is nice & cool,would frame that one. :great:

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 06:34:28 AM »
Here are my pulls.

Wow, that giant sketch card is great!  But I gotta say, if I get another "Romaine" sketch with the series 9 sets I bought, I'm gonna be pissed.  I pulled TWO of those things out of my three sealed sets that featured that character, and they have ZERO value on the market.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 06:39:30 AM »
I appreciate your comments. Good, bad or ugly, I personally like to hear what forum members enjoy (or don't) about the postcard sets. It helps to make future sets better...

And I appreciate the fact that you are always on the forum, listening patiently to our comments, and keeping us informed about new releases.  It is really nice knowing that we have at least some influence on how the Wacky sets are being developed!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 07:24:03 AM »
Here are my pulls.

That is amazing! I wonder how many were done? I can't imagine too many. Very nice pull!

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 07:56:09 AM »
It appears that the LE sketches were done with a lot more attention to detail as compared with the standard sticker sketches. Even though the price is $13.00 more for the limited edition postcards, it seems to me that the limited edition postcards are the better option.  I believe the value to be worth it even more after seeing the 5x7 sketches.  I would love to see a color 5x7 sketch and frame it. I have said all along that I don't mind paying for quality and originality.  The sketches so far seem to be of an extremely high quality as compared to past postcards as well as the old school series.  Albeit, I have only seen a few sketches and the artist return sketches at this time. I also like the fact that they are not doing the comic strips sketches.  The comic strip sketches are great but you really need the whole series to truly appreciate the sketches. I have not received my postcards yet but I wanted to know forum member's opinions so far.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 08:10:10 AM »
It appears that the LE sketches were done with a lot more attention to detail as compared with the standard sticker sketches. Even though the price is $13.00 more for the limited edition postcards, it seems to me that the limited edition postcards are the better option.  I believe the value to be worth it even more after seeing the 5x7 sketches.  I would love to see a color 5x7 sketch and frame it. I have said all along that I don't mind paying for quality and originality.  The sketches so far seem to be of an extremely high quality as compared to past postcards as well as the old school series.  Albeit, I have only seen a few sketches and the artist return sketches at this time. I also like the fact that they are not doing the comic strips sketches.  The comic strip sketches are great but you really need the whole series to truly appreciate the sketches. I have not received my postcards yet but I wanted to know forum member's opinions so far.

I haven't gotten mine in yet either but so far I like most of them except for the repeat titles that I already have. I want characters from PC9 so hopefully my wish will come true.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 08:15:18 AM »
I haven't gotten mine in yet either but so far I like most of them except for the repeat titles that I already have. I want characters from PC9 so hopefully my wish will come true.

If you don't get your wish Brad I have 2 for sale on e-bay right now.  ;D  ;)

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 08:17:33 AM »

All three are now for sale on e-Bay. PM me if you're interested in one and we can work something out.

BUMP

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 08:49:13 AM »
                                   A package was sitting outside of my building.................. no permits        no parlay        no email notification       thank you MJ
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 09:12:19 AM »
                                                                                     Here you go                             available to purchase     IT'S WAY MORE PINK THAN THIS SCAN IS SHOWING!!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:13:51 AM by deadpresidentsvisa »

Offline Simko

• Sweet Rot
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 09:13:22 AM »
Nice stuff Matthew!

Who the heck is Ron Comes?

Those Kirscht ones Kill! Great colors.

Ron Comes is an artist friend and classic WP lover brought in to help with sketch cards. Hooked me up with my first Wacky Packages uncut card sheet poster back in the day during our storyboard illustration office job.

The Smokin' Joe/ Engstrom oversized sketch combo has great ink work going on. They did a great job. Love it.

Here's a spoiler from 1 of 2 different oversized combo sketches from me and Brent.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »

Those Kirscht ones Kill! Great colors.

Ron Comes is an artist friend and classic WP lover brought in to help with sketch cards. Hooked me up with my first Wacky Packages uncut card sheet poster back in the day during our storyboard illustration office job.

The Smokin' Joe/ Engstrom oversized sketch combo has great ink work going on. They did a great job. Love it.

Here's a spoiler from 1 of 2 different oversized combo sketches from me and Brent.

That's a beauty Joe! I hope I pull it today!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 09:53:51 AM »
Thanks Joe, I appreciate it!

Here is one of the 2 Large combos Neil & I did

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 10:14:37 AM »

I'd like to start a list of the sketch artists for both releases.  If anyone can add or correct anything please do..........

LIMITED 
Neil Camera
David Gross
Brent Engstrom
Matt Kirscht
Smokin’ Joe
Joe Simko

REGULAR
(Box / Can / Jar shapes)
Jason Brower
Mark Parisi
Matt Kirscht