Author Topic: Topps 75th Anniversary set  (Read 13961 times)

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Topps 75th Anniversary set
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »
supposedly it will have a Wacky Pack in the base set! what fun!

2013 Topps 75th celebrates the company's diamond anniversary with an eclectic checklist that offers a look at more than 100 different entertainment sets.
It's a pop culture potpourri that ranges from President Kennedy to Pokemon, the Simpsons to Star Wars, and the Beatles to Barack Obama. Of course, Topps properties like Garbage Pail Kids, Wacky Packages and Mars Attacks also appear.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2013-topps-75th-trading-cards

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Topps 75th Anniversary set
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 04:15:29 PM »

2013 Topps 75th celebrates the company's diamond anniversary with an eclectic checklist that offers a look at more than 100 different entertainment sets.
It's a pop culture potpourri that ranges from President Kennedy to Pokemon, the Simpsons to Star Wars, and the Beatles to Barack Obama. Of course, Topps properties like Garbage Pail Kids, Wacky Packages and Mars Attacks also appear.

Wow!  I'm definitely going to have to pick up at least a base set.  If a box will yield a base set, that might be the way I go, so I can have a little fun with it.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »
Wow!  I'm definitely going to have to pick up at least a base set.  If a box will yield a base set, that might be the way I go, so I can have a little fun with it.
similar info on the NSU page
http://www.nsu-magazine.com/celebrating-75-years-of-topps/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 07:35:57 PM »
This does look interesting. I'm generally just a fan of Wackys but I seemed to get pulled into some of these cool new releases. I think it would be fun to open a couple boxes to see these old reproductions and get a couple PSA4 buybacks.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 07:42:40 PM »
and get a couple PSA4 buybacks.
LOL
and actually stamped this time too.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 06:55:02 AM »
For something special like this, Topps better use the best resource material for all the card images. Hopefully they won't just scan a printed base card and reproduce it smaller on the face of the card.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:37:27 AM »
 This does look cool!   I hope Topps keeps the price per pack below 25 bucks.   :-\
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »
This does look rather interesting.

Anybody want to hazard a guess as to which Wacky title will be in this set? I say Bone Ami.   LOL

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
This does look rather interesting.

Anybody want to hazard a guess as to which Wacky title will be in this set? I say Bone Ami.   LOL
nice guess.  8)

I'm betting it's Gadzooka

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 04:02:59 PM »
nice guess.  8)

I'm betting it's Gadzooka

Gadzooka sounds like a logical choice.  Since you've got that one, I'll say Wormy Packages.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 04:07:50 PM »
Gadzooka sounds like a logical choice.  Since you've got that one, I'll say Wormy Packages.

I'll go out on a limb and say Band-aches.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 05:42:15 PM »
Quote from: Patrick
Gadzooka
Quote from: Patricia
Wormy Packages
I kid you not when I say that these were the ones that came to my mind first. They both make sense. Bone Ami was more humorous, though. :)

Maybe Ajerx? Weakies? Quacker Oats? I'd think something from series 1 or 2, probably. Guess we'll find out in a few months.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 06:11:22 PM »
When will Previews have pre-orders for this? Maybe in August or September?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:15:33 PM by dth1971 »

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 06:17:03 PM »
When will Previews have pre-orders for this? Maybe in August or September?
most likely September

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 01:52:12 PM »
there's now a checklist showing up. looks like Wacky's are card #46.
all the sets are listed in order of release, so it seems like it should be a die-cut,
and the image on the box (and wrapper) is Gadzooka, so that's most likely the one

some good signatures in the set as well.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:56:46 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 05:39:49 AM »
I kid you not when I say that these were the ones that came to my mind first. They both make sense. Bone Ami was more humorous, though. :)

Maybe Ajerx? Weakies? Quacker Oats? I'd think something from series 1 or 2, probably. Guess we'll find out in a few months.

I'm going to go with CRUST!!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 06:22:17 AM »
there's now a checklist showing up. looks like Wacky's are card #46.
all the sets are listed in order of release, so it seems like it should be a die-cut,
and the image on the box (and wrapper) is Gadzooka, so that's most likely the one

some good signatures in the set as well.

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks like a set I'm going to want to have, but I doubt I'll pony up $85 for a box unless there's a guarantee of getting all 116 cards in a single box (I'm considering the 8 minis and 8 test cards as part of the set).  Looks like out of the 192 cards in a box, 28 are guaranteed autographs and rainbow foils, leaving 168 other cards.  Can't tell the odds for the minis and test cards.....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:26:00 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »
Looks like a set I'm going to want to have, but I doubt I'll pony up $85 for a box unless there's a guarantee of getting all 116 cards in a single box (I'm considering the 8 minis and 8 test cards as part of the set).  Looks like out of the 192 cards in a box, 28 are guaranteed autographs and rainbow foils, leaving 168 other cards.  Can't tell the odds for the minis and test cards.....

who's selling these? How do you know its $85/box? thx

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 08:52:08 AM »
I found a presell at Blowout cards:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_84&products_id=8524

Remember anything with blowout cards you should send them an email and tell them you are on the forum for a discount! See the other thread about Blowout cards for details.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »
Remember anything with blowout cards you should send them an email and tell them you are on the forum for a discount! See the other thread about Blowout cards for details.

thx Dude!! I was just going to ask that...will do!!

Online crackedjerk

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 06:54:07 PM »
I think I might be looking forward to this set as much as ANS11.  Probably an exaggeration but not by much.  And that's both a statement that I think this sounds like a really nice set and my enthusiasm for ANS is waning.  Of course, I wish there was more than one Wacky represented in this set, but so it goes.  I'll be curious what the price for a box is as I think I'll pick one up.  The review said it was aimed at the low to mid-end entertainment card collector, so I'm assuming the price won't be as outrageous as so many cards are these days.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
I think I might be looking forward to this set as much as ANS11.  Probably an exaggeration but not by much.  And that's both a statement that I think this sounds like a really nice set and my enthusiasm for ANS is waning.  Of course, I wish there was more than one Wacky represented in this set, but so it goes.  I'll be curious what the price for a box is as I think I'll pick one up.  The review said it was aimed at the low to mid-end entertainment card collector, so I'm assuming the price won't be as outrageous as so many cards are these days.

Dude I think its going for $85/box...lots to get but not CHEAPIOS!!!

Offline Tylerg30

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 06:11:34 AM »
Have a case coming, probably going to sell boxes but might have to keep a box or 2 for myself.  Looks like a fun rip!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »
Have a case coming, probably going to sell boxes but might have to keep a box or 2 for myself.  Looks like a fun rip!

HERE YA ON THOSE....

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 02:23:21 PM »

So just send an email to them and they will provide a discount checkout code or something?  I'm interested in getting a box of this 75th anniv.  What is the email to use?  Thanks in advance, David.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 03:04:41 PM »
So just send an email to them and they will provide a discount checkout code or something?  I'm interested in getting a box of this 75th anniv.  What is the email to use?  Thanks in advance, David.

I think they are more into selling cases than one box but go to the top thread. It's a sticky regarding Blowout Cards.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 05:09:34 AM »
I finally scored the Diamond Sparkle 1/75 Gadzooka Card. I thought these would not be too hard to acquire ; but I was incorrect. It seems the WP and GPK along with Star Wars were the most desirable chase cards in the set and continue to pull good money. Nice to finally have one coming almost two years after they were released.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 05:16:39 AM »
I finally scored the Diamond Sparkle 1/75 Gadzooka Card. I thought these would not be too hard to acquire ; but I was incorrect. It seems the WP and GPK along with Star Wars were the most desirable chase cards in the set and continue to pull good money. Nice to finally have one coming almost two years after they were released.

Please post a scan when it arrives.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 02:54:09 PM »
Please post a scan when it arrives.
Sorry, Andrew, to steal your thunder, but I've had one of these for many moons. Won it on ebay around Christmas of 2013 for under $20. Glad you finally picked one up, they ARE rare...and cool. I keep mine (along with the regular and foil versions) right with my keeper original Series 1 set.

Online DrDeal

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 04:10:41 PM »
Sorry, Andrew, to steal your thunder, but I've had one of these for many moons. Won it on ebay around Christmas of 2013 for under $20. Glad you finally picked one up, they ARE rare...and cool. I keep mine (along with the regular and foil versions) right with my keeper original Series 1 set.

Congrats on getting your so cheaply. I got outbid alot when they were first released. Nice to finally get one.....  even though it cost a ton.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 04:59:23 PM »

Congrats on getting your so cheaply. I got outbid alot when they were first released. Nice to finally get one.....  even though it cost a ton.

Now you've got me interested in the set! A

Online DrDeal

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 06:21:52 PM »

Do anyone have the 1/10 made glossy version?  THAT is the tough version. Not such a cool looking card, but seriously rare!

anything