Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGE POSTCARDS SERIES 9 - ON SALE TOMORROW (TUES., JUNE 25)!!!  (Read 46122 times)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

3 Limited Edition and 1 For The Birds set                my 3 LE sets will be available and unopened                      send a private message
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
why are the Howls "lozengers" and not "lozenges"? is that a typo?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:08:16 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline ratchet007

I doubt it's a typo. Many, many people do not know how to properly pronounce or spell certain words.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!

"lozengers" is spelled with an "r" in wolf vernacular, otherwise known as "wolfensteen"

• Administrator
I doubt it's a typo. Many, many people do not know how to properly pronounce or spell certain words.
it is a typo.

apparently adding the 'r' is a common mispronunciation of the word. It is *never* spelled that way though.

Offline Alexeirex

OK folks, looks like the postcards are LIVE!!!

So, here's a sneak peak at the sketch card stickers from the regular set featuring the 3 different designs (can, bottle and box!).

STICKERS: FIRST TIME EVER FOR WACKY SKETCHES!

ENJOY!
Neil

Is there an attachment with this? I can't see anything....A

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
Is there an attachment with this? I can't see anything....A

It's an embedded link - I can see it fine on my computer.

Offline DrSushi

So, here's a sneak peak at the sketch card stickers from the regular set featuring the 3 different designs (can, bottle and box!).

ENJOY!
Neil

Those look cool! Are all the Kleptos in color and the other 2 all B&W?

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!

ENJOY!
Neil

So are there a finite number of the "Birds" postcard sets with the sticker sketches?  Since the sketches are hand drawn, I'm assuming they commission a certain number of them to be inserted into the sets.  If they sell through those, will they commission additional sketches, or will that be the end of the sticker sketch availability? 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
So are there a finite number of the "Birds" postcard sets with the sticker sketches?  Since the sketches are hand drawn, I'm assuming they commission a certain number of them to be inserted into the sets.  If they sell through those, will they commission additional sketches, or will that be the end of the sticker sketch availability? 

Good questions!!  The price point has jumped astronomically for these "regular" sets, but the info is sorely lacking.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Those look cool! Are all the Kleptos in color and the other 2 all B&W?

Those are only Neil's sketches. Each artist is doing different characters. Only the borders are different. The characters look to be any of the previous post card series so there are more than only 3 characters that are sketched.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Good questions!!  The price point has jumped astronomically for these "regular" sets, but the info is sorely lacking.

I'm sure there is some type of limit but it looks like the price is up about $30 just for the added sketch. Also look at the LE, there are only 6 artists so that means each artist only did about 58 sketches. These are all the top sketch artists so the sketches should all be really nice!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
"lozengers" is spelled with an "r" in wolf vernacular, otherwise known as "wolfensteen"

Kinda like Frankensteen :great:

Offline Alexeirex

It's an embedded link - I can see it fine on my computer.

Hmmm...can't see this on the Mozilla browser or on my iphone.....my work computer may block embedded pics...A

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
Hmmm...can't see this on the Mozilla browser or on my iphone.....my work computer may block embedded pics...A

I'm using Mozilla too - maybe you have your security settings set too high.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

I can see Neils embedded pic on my iphone but the postimg site is having issues today.

Offline Alexeirex

I can see Neils embedded pic on my iphone but the postimg site is having issues today.

Ok, the postimg site is finally working via my iphone - those 3 shaped sketches look very nice, hope they are
worth the increased prices on the reg postcard sets! And yes, my security settings on Mozilla via my work
computer are set rather high. There are sites where I can't see any pictures lol....
A

Offline jleonard1967

3 LE and 3 REG  278.00 spent

Offline jeffcaff

I can only assume that the $13.00 price difference between the limited postcards and the standard postcards is for the stamps and bio cards.  Everything else seems equal.  Different type of sketch card but the artwork looks similar.  I only wonder how the sticker sketches versus the standard card sketches will be received.  It looks like they released 350 of the LE and 1000 of the Standard Postcards. 

Offline DrDeal

3 LE and 1 Reg. Glad I got in on them. The sticker sketches look cool.

Andrew

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:44:41 PM by DrDeal »

Offline Jean Nutty

I’m having trouble viewing images today too. It took me a dozen clicks to see it.

Offline DrSushi

Those are only Neil's sketches. Each artist is doing different characters. Only the borders are different. The characters look to be any of the previous post card series so there are more than only 3 characters that are sketched.

Thanks, I was guilty of skimming!

Offline DrSushi

Surprisingly, the LE set is still available.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Surprisingly, the LE set is still available.

I'm wondering if some of the people that used to use multiple address and get family members involved have quit because the resale has come down since Halloween and PC8 due to the over production. They might not be aware that this is now limited again.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I’m having trouble viewing images today too. It took me a dozen clicks to see it.

(Image removed from quote.)

When I see that howl sketch all that goes through my head is Ozzy's Bark at the Moon song. :]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I can only assume that the $13.00 price difference between the limited postcards and the standard postcards is for the stamps and bio cards.  Everything else seems equal.  Different type of sketch card but the artwork looks similar.  I only wonder how the sticker sketches versus the standard card sketches will be received.  It looks like they released 350 of the LE and 1000 of the Standard Postcards. 

Looks like they have only sold around 130 of the RE sets. I think I'll buy the last 870 and sell them on ebay...LOL I'm thinking $35K well spent..HaHa

Offline Shrunken Donuts

I'm wondering if some of the people that used to use multiple address and get family members involved have quit because the resale has come down since Halloween and PC8 due to the over production. They might not be aware that this is now limited again.
I think people realize that it's a lot harder than it used to be to flip for a significant profit on eBay for these newer items, even the limited edition items. Topps has over produced this franchise and the result is people are being a lot more selective with their collecting.

• Administrator
LOL. sure, why not.

so how about the spelling of "lonengers" on the sketch sticker?  ;)

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!

I saw that - had to read it several times.

Got my three LE sets. Had to pass on the RE sets this time though they look interesting.

Offline Shrunken Donuts

please correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the limited edition postcard sets used to be priced at $36 shipped?  it seems like topps has nearly doubled the price on these things

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: WACKY PACKAGE POSTCARDS SERIES 9 - ON SALE TOMORROW (TUES., JUNE 25)!!!
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »
LOL. sure, why not.

Surely have you heard the expression "lone wolf". A "lonengers" is a lozenge used by a lone wolf. Or not.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »
Just one of each for me this time.

Me too Swiski!  Topps seems to think we're all made of money or something.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2013, 01:44:19 PM »
LOL. sure, why not.

so how about the spelling of "lonengers" on the sketch sticker?  ;)

That's how they spell it when they're by themselves...

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2013, 02:09:09 PM »
please correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the limited edition postcard sets used to be priced at $36 shipped?  it seems like topps has nearly doubled the price on these things

I just hope that some of this increased revenue from these Wacky sets is being passed back to the artists in higher compensation for their work.  I don't mind paying more, if it means they are being fairly compensated for all the work that goes into creating something like this.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2013, 02:09:20 PM »
LOL. sure, why not.

so how about the spelling of "lonengers" on the sketch sticker?  ;)

It looks like because of a lack of sufficient space Neil turned the "Z" on it's side./ Or not.   :D

anything