Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGE POSTCARDS SERIES 9 - ON SALE TOMORROW (TUES., JUNE 25)!!!  (Read 46062 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: WACKY PACKAGE POSTCARDS SERIES 9 - ON SALE TOMORROW (TUES., JUNE 25)!!!
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »
Got my package in NJ.  The good news: Color Scary Garcia Ron Combs Reg Edition Sketch. Got one Reg Set.
Two B/W sketches (One David Gross and One Neil Camera) in my THREE LE sets. One Envelope just had the LE Postacrds in it and nothing else. Got shorted: a sketch, Two Bios, Stamps, COA and TS18 Bonus card.
That has never happened to me before. I guess its good they did not sell out yet so they should be able to make this right. I got 4 diff bios.

Andrew
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:41:50 PM by DrDeal »

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2013, 04:28:33 PM »
Got my package in NJ.  The good news: Color Scary Garcia Ron Combs Reg Edition Sketch. Got one Reg Set.
Two B/W sketches (One David Gross and One unsigned one) in my THREE LE sets. One Envelope just had the LE Postacrds in it and nothing else. Got shorted: a sketch, Two Bios, Stamps, COA and TS18 Bonus card.
That has never happened to me before. I guess its good they did not sell out yet so they should be able to make this right. I got 4 diff bios.

Andrew

I got everything in my 3 LE sets. Two of the 3 sketches however were almost exactly the same so I ended up with only 4 of the 6 possible Artist Bio Cards.  Anyone need an Engstrom and Gross PM me. I'm in need of Kirscht and Simko.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2013, 04:31:02 PM »
Two B/W sketches (One David Gross and One unsigned one) in my THREE LE sets. One Envelope just had the LE Postacrds in it and nothing else. Got shorted: a sketch, Two Bios, Stamps, COA and TS18 Bonus card.

Andrew

I think your bird sketch was done by Neil Camera - note the little "N" with the circle around it in the left lower corner.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2013, 04:42:34 PM »
I think your bird sketch was done by Neil Camera - note the little "N" with the circle around it in the left lower corner.

Thanks, I edited my post. Getting shorted will make you overlook some things......

Andrew

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2013, 04:49:17 PM »
Thanks, I edited my post. Getting shorted will make you overlook some things......

Andrew

No problem. Nice pulls, I'd love to get so lucky. That bird one looks to be a combo, near as I can figure without having seen the actual postcards yet.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2013, 06:02:21 PM »
No problem. Nice pulls, I'd love to get so lucky. That bird one looks to be a combo, near as I can figure without having seen the actual postcards yet.

I think its a triple: All Branch/Corn Flames/Snitchers
Pretty cool.

Andrew

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
I think its a triple: All Branch/Corn Flames/Snitchers
Pretty cool.

Andrew

Is this the sketch you're referring to?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2013, 07:50:46 PM »
Is this the sketch you're referring to?

Why yes it is. Happy to add that one to my collection. How many like that one did you draw?

Andrew

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »

Here are some b&w's that could be pulled.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2013, 09:40:35 PM »
Why yes it is. Happy to add that one to my collection. How many like that one did you draw?

Andrew

Leave it to Neil to blow this out of the park! I'm jealous.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2013, 09:57:22 PM »

Here are some b&w's that could be pulled.

Jason,
Just some inspirational criticism, you nailed the shaped sketch with 9 to Life making the can look real. Melton came close using the box but the character could do more. The rest don't use the shape at all. Why not make packages like you did with the other 2? Putting a character on a card doesn't use the package shape. Walton & Gambino did the same thing with ANS10 also. The shape is to make a package. Not to just put this on you but why can't the artists see this? I'm sorry to be critical but with collectors of sketch cards getting just about any character now with the last couple releases there isn't much for them to get excited about since they have them all.

I don't mean to single you out by any means. This is constructive criticism. If every one told me everything I did was great how could I improve or know what collectors expect? The other sketch artists know what is great and popular and they always entertain with their sketches but they have been doing it since day one. Look at Neil's first postcard series and I'm sure he cringes looking at some of them now. His stuff has been spectacular since then. We all grow with every series.

I challenge you to think outside the box and do some crazy takes on wacky characters. It will be great! Also don't repeat the same character take. Do the next one even crazier. If you can do that I can't wait what you put out.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2013, 10:34:40 PM »
Do we know what the deal is with the 5x7 postcard-sized sketch cards?
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2013, 02:40:45 AM »
Do we know what the deal is with the 5x7 postcard-sized sketch cards?

I doubt there are more than 5 of those mixed in. Nice pull!!!

Andrew

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2013, 05:55:57 AM »

I challenge you to think outside the box...

Or, more to the point, inside the box. Or can. Or jar.

Offline Kook

« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2013, 06:04:15 AM »
With PC8 at 999 and Halloween 2012 at 666, I can't believe PC9 at 350 is having a hard time selling out quickly - it's 3 days now & still no sell out. I wonder if all the typical resellers opted out because they had a hard time selling off the last series. Does anyone have any idea how many are still left? It also seems they still have their 3 set limit on the LE sets.

I think this also puts the pressure on the binder release (or maybe vice-versa, sluggish PC9 sales due to people budgeting their money for the binders). I'm going to find it difficult to drop $260 or $520 in another 2 weeks on binder release #2 on the heels of the 1st binder release a month ago, and another $200 on this past postcard release. I'd hate to miss them, but it's getting too expensive to keep up.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2013, 06:07:41 AM »
Or, more to the point, inside the box. Or can. Or jar.

Well said... I really liked the shaped sketch cards from ANS10 but some of the artists didn't seem to embrace the challange of encorporating the sketch design into the card format. While of course, others did wonderful works (IMHO). Then again, while typing this, I almost used the word "conform" and we all know artists and conforming don't go hand-in-hand (which betters the universe we live in).  

I should add that the pill bottle/jar  shaped postcard 9 sketch sticker would seem to me to be a difficult one to draw in that there are not that many Wacky parodied products that come in that packaging format.  
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:09:36 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Kook

« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »
811 regular series 9 postcard sets left.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »
Anyone deal with Topps regarding a problem with an order lately? I emailed storehelp@topps.com and explained how I was shorted most of the items that were supposed to be in my 3rd limited set (No sketch/ stamps/ Bios/ Coa/ Bonus card)   I received an email with instructions to ship any defective items back. I called their customer service # and was put on hold for 23 minutes. The rep said he would forward my info to a rep who deals with online orders and someone would get ack to me within a few days.  Since these did not sell out yet would be great if I could actually speak to someone who could pull a set for me. It will stink if it sells out prior to me resolving this.  No success in getting anyone to answer the regular shop topps info line today.

Andrew

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2013, 02:53:12 PM »
YUP,I SURE HAVE, MY THIRD TIME,WHICH I ORDER 7TH SERIES POSTCARDS,WHICH IF YOU BUY 2 YOU GET A PCM CARD,THIS TIME I ORDERED 4 SETS,ON ALL THREE OF OCCASIONS,NO PCM CARDS ON FIRST TWO TIMES I EMAILED THEM NO RESPONSE AND THIS TIME I CALLED TOPPS & THEY SAID THEY WOULD SHIP THEM ITS BEEN ALMOST THREE WEEKS & NOTHING,I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2013, 08:00:54 PM »
Anyone in California get their postcards yet? Alex

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2013, 08:20:33 PM »
For Texas, nothing until Monday.
Crossing delivery zones really sucks with these guys.
Same zone can be next day, anything else adds days and days.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2013, 09:06:17 PM »
For Texas, nothing until Monday.
Crossing delivery zones really sucks with these guys.
Same zone can be next day, anything else adds days and days.

I paid $25 to have my shipment 2 day air. It's something I have just dealt with. I don't have patience to wait and hear about everyone's pulls. It's my own demon. >:D

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2013, 09:53:56 PM »
We will be lucky if we get them by the end of next week.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2013, 09:54:36 PM »
The 3 set limit has been removed. I just ordered some LE sets to try and do better with my sketch pulls. I can't believe with all the great sketches the artists have shown that more haven't shown up. I'm taking a big chance. I may end up with 9 Engstrom chickens. If that happens I will sue...LOL

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2013, 10:12:35 PM »
We will be lucky if we get them by the end of next week.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.....falls off wacky cliff.........
A

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2013, 03:12:30 AM »
I didn't even get a tracking # from Fedex yet, I sent 2 emails to topps, NO response !!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2013, 03:59:06 AM »
I didn't even get a tracking # from Fedex yet, I sent 2 emails to topps, NO response !!

My Topps order said they were shipping via Fed-Ex but they came via UPS. Go figure.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2013, 05:11:34 AM »
never received a tracking number either - but I logged into my topps account and there it is, listed with the order.
and it's actually a UPS number, even though they say shipped by Fedex.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2013, 05:35:04 AM »
I actually prefer UPS. They deliver when I'm home from work and don't require a signature most of the time.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #169 on: June 28, 2013, 07:48:20 AM »
Topps is in the process of moving their shipping to MA. They will be using Fedex going forward. The postcards are all they have in NY so those went out UPS.

Offline Kook

« Reply #170 on: June 28, 2013, 08:37:52 AM »
Topps is in the process of moving their shipping to MA. They will be using Fedex going forward. The postcards are all they have in NY so those went out UPS.

Not sure when it happened, but the LE postcards are sold out...

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2013, 08:38:29 AM »
Got mine the other day, and they are fantastic!  Neil, as always, you "done good!"

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #172 on: June 28, 2013, 09:11:59 AM »

I didn't get a tracking # or shipping confirmation but got mine in, and I think there are some others that this happened to as well, so don't be surprised if they just show up unannounced.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2013, 10:06:22 AM »
Not sure when it happened, but the LE postcards are sold out...

Probably some time after Brad rolled up with his RV-sized shopping cart!  ;)

Interesting - the site doesn't show Out of Stock until you try to add one to your bag.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2013, 10:30:34 AM »

Still watching and waiting Alex!                          :o