Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGE POSTCARDS SERIES 9 - ON SALE TOMORROW (TUES., JUNE 25)!!!  (Read 46061 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: WACKY PACKAGE POSTCARDS SERIES 9 - ON SALE TOMORROW (TUES., JUNE 25)!!!
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2013, 02:14:32 PM »
It looks like because of a lack of sufficient space Neil turned the "Z" on it's side./ Or not.   :D
I wonder if when a "Z" sleeps, does it make an NNNNNNN sound? :sleepy1: :D

Offline Swiski

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2013, 02:55:19 PM »
Another Q for Neil...Is the parody artwork on the front of the Series 9 bio cards exactly the same as the artwork on the postcards? Sometimes, the artists use an alternate sketch version of their parody. Wander Bread and Mr. Ghoulbar are two titles in past postcard sets where the artists did that. Then there were the postcard mini bonus cards (or PCMs) where the artwork wasn't a sketch, but a cartoony version of the full rendered artwork. Did I miss any?

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »

Here are some of my color sketches that could be pulled.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
Looks like my order shipped today. should be here on Thursday.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »
Another Q for Neil...Is the parody artwork on the front of the Series 9 bio cards exactly the same as the artwork on the postcards? Sometimes, the artists use an alternate sketch version of their parody. Wander Bread and Mr. Ghoulbar are two titles in past postcard sets where the artists did that. Then there were the postcard mini bonus cards (or PCMs) where the artwork wasn't a sketch, but a cartoony version of the full rendered artwork. Did I miss any?

I believe you're referring to Mark Parisi's bio cards (Wander Bread & Mr Ghoulbar) which featured his concept drawings. The paintings were done by other artists who based them off of these drawings.

In the case of series 9, the artwork on all of the bio cards are identical to the postcards.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:41:03 PM by koduck »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2013, 04:14:26 PM »

Here are some of my color sketches that could be pulled.

I'm assuming that these are the shaped sketch cards? Any pics of the postcard sketches?
They look great btw -
A

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »
Looks like my order shipped today. should be here on Thursday.
mine shows shipped by Fed Ex
but the tracking number provided is UPS

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »
mine shows shipped by Fed Ex
but the tracking number provided is UPS

Same with mine. Maybe they are still in transition? I wish they would ship by USPS.

Offline Jason Brower

• jasonbrowerart.com
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2013, 07:30:31 PM »
I'm assuming that these are the shaped sketch cards? Any pics of the postcard sketches?
They look great btw -
A

Hey Alex, these are the shaped sticker sketches from the regular edition. I didn't do any LE sketches. Thank you, by the way. Hope you pull one!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2013, 09:16:51 PM »
I see some PC9 sketches have made their way on eBay but when I do a wacky packages sketch search I now see a ton of Marvel sketches. Thanks eBay for changing your search engine so a search will also include categories.

This is totally unacceptable. Really? I swear eBay has totally lost its way. I think they are trying to come up with stupid ways to get mor bidders but this isn't helping. If I'm looking for Wacky sketches why should I see Marvel sketches with no Wacky in the description? WTF!

Offline ClubbedCanadian

« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2013, 09:56:12 PM »
I see some PC9 sketches have made their way on eBay but when I do a wacky packages sketch search I now see a ton of Marvel sketches. Thanks eBay for changing your search engine so a search will also include categories.

This is totally unacceptable. Really? I swear eBay has totally lost its way. I think they are trying to come up with stupid ways to get mor bidders but this isn't helping. If I'm looking for Wacky sketches why should I see Marvel sketches with no Wacky in the description? WTF!

I agree,,it sux
I hate always havin' to shift thru all the garbage now to find the good stuff.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2013, 10:04:41 PM »

Matt probably listed those in the Wacky Packages category out of habit.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2013, 04:50:55 AM »
please correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the limited edition postcard sets used to be priced at $36 shipped?  it seems like topps has nearly doubled the price on these things

The first Limited Edition set, almost 6 years ago, was $36.95.  The most recent LE set, Halloween 2012, was $52.95.  Check out the master list:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=727.msg18957#msg18957

While the price has been going up steadily, in all fairness, there have been additions to the LE sets along the way, including bonus cards, bio cards, wrappers, and most recently specially shaped cards in a coffin folder, and this time a postage stamp booklet.

The change in "regular" set price this time could price people out entirely.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 05:08:15 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Kook

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2013, 06:21:31 AM »
The first Limited Edition set, almost 6 years ago, was $36.95.  The most recent LE set, Halloween 2012, was $52.95.  Check out the master list:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=727.msg18957#msg18957

While the price has been going up steadily, in all fairness, there have been additions to the LE sets along the way, including bonus cards, bio cards, wrappers, and most recently specially shaped cards in a coffin folder, and this time a postage stamp booklet.

The change in "regular" set price this time could price people out entirely.

Seems like the LE price is slowing sales also. It has never taken more than a day to sell out LE sets in such a low quantity (350). You have to go back to series 6 to see this low of a number. I'm surprised topps dropped the number down from prior releases & the sell out slowed down also. It could possibly be that so much wacky stuff has come out lately & the binder series price was so high that people may be running out of mad money, or getting too wacky saturated.

I know in the past I would have bought 3 regular edition sets to get the 3 different shaped sketches, but one set was good enough for this time around. I was debating sitting this one out after spending so much on the binder release, but I'm just not at that point yet.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2013, 07:20:22 AM »
Matt probably listed those in the Wacky Packages category out of habit.

I'm not blaming the seller I'm blaming eBay. You used to be able to search only on the subject.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2013, 09:06:58 AM »
I wonder if people will be getting their postcards today? Please create another thread if you want to spoil us.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2013, 09:15:29 AM »
I'm not blaming the seller I'm blaming eBay. You used to be able to search only on the subject.

eBay's tweaks are bugging me too. I see a lot of websites constantly updating/changing things but not making them better for the end-user.

Offline bwing

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2013, 10:01:34 AM »
UPS says mine should be delivered by tomorrow.  That is FAST!!!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2013, 10:05:53 AM »
quote author=bwing link=topic=2990.msg60518#msg60518 date=1372266094
So Fred Ex uses UPS tracking ?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »
Seems like the LE price is slowing sales also. It has never taken more than a day to sell out LE sets in such a low quantity (350). You have to go back to series 6 to see this low of a number. I'm surprised topps dropped the number down from prior releases & the sell out slowed down also. It could possibly be that so much wacky stuff has come out lately & the binder series price was so high that people may be running out of mad money, or getting too wacky saturated.

I know in the past I would have bought 3 regular edition sets to get the 3 different shaped sketches, but one set was good enough for this time around. I was debating sitting this one out after spending so much on the binder release, but I'm just not at that point yet.

I think you are right. I was right "on the fence" about ordering the postcard sets again because it's just so much money being spent the last couple years with no end in sight.  I could just order the base sets of these series but that hasn't been my style and it would be hard for me to change at this point. 

I've been doing a "one per artist" sketch card approach recently which seems to have worked well (although not cheap of course) the postcard series and ANS.  I could fairly easily do one per artist on the limited sets because there's probably only a half dozen artists, but the regular sets could be trickier because there could be several more artists as the production quantity is higher.  My fear is that there could be 10-15 artists that did regular sketches, and each one probably did sketches from each of the 3 designs, so there could be 30-45 different combinations if I wanted to collect one per artist and design!

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »
Rob, for ANS 10, how did you approach the shaped sketches?  I would think this would be similar.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2013, 11:12:59 AM »
Rob, for ANS 10, how did you approach the shaped sketches?  I would think this would be similar.

I didn't care for the shaped sketches because I only collect square cards.  I also don't own the vender sticker sets from 2004-2005 that are die-cut shapes.

I think these are different tough because they are square sketches with different kiss-cut shapes just like Wacky stickers, so normally it would be something I would want to collect, which means it will bug me if I don't!

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2013, 12:06:15 PM »
The LE sets were still able to be purchased today at 2:40 p.m est....thankfully.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2013, 12:24:51 PM »
The LE sets were still able to be purchased today at 2:40 p.m est....thankfully.

Maybe some of the charm is wearing off? Remember we also have the next run of binders next month also. Just a lot of stuff!

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2013, 01:13:23 PM »
Too much stuff, too fast and too much money.   Topps needs to be careful or even the most die-hard collectors are going to burn out.  This newer stuff does not hold its value well which is another factor to consider.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2013, 01:36:53 PM »
I haven't even gotten confirmation of shipping yet. Me thinks (or at least hopes) they shipped without notifying me.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2013, 02:01:18 PM »
I haven't even gotten confirmation of shipping yet. Me thinks (or at least hopes) they shipped without notifying me.

I didn't get a shipping confirmation either but when I check my account on Topps site, I can see the UPS tracking number and it is moving. I am signed up with UPS (free service) so get occasional emails on the status of an item once you add it to your tracking list.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
I didn't get a shipping confirmation either but when I check my account on Topps site, I can see the UPS tracking number and it is moving. I am signed up with UPS (free service) so get occasional emails on the status of an item once you add it to your tracking list.

I checked Topps website and it doesn't even show up in my account as being ordered but the money was debited from my bank account. :angry5:   :38:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »
I checked Topps website and it doesn't even show up in my account as being ordered but the money was debited from my bank account. :angry5:   :38:

Did you log in to your account when ordering?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2013, 02:52:21 PM »

I had to log in to Topps to get my tracking number. Mine shipped yesterday. I'm a bit surprised that no one on the forum received theirs today. None are on ebay either. That is really strange.

Offline Final Step

« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »
I had to log in to Topps to get my tracking number. Mine shipped yesterday. I'm a bit surprised that no one on the forum received theirs today. None are on ebay either. That is really strange.

Mine came today without any notice of any kind except my Paypal receipt yesterday.  They re great!

Offline Final Step

« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2013, 03:10:24 PM »
I can only assume that the $13.00 price difference between the limited postcards and the standard postcards is for the stamps and bio cards.  Everything else seems equal.  Different type of sketch card but the artwork looks similar.  I only wonder how the sticker sketches versus the standard card sketches will be received.  It looks like they released 350 of the LE and 1000 of the Standard Postcards. 

There is a wrapper on the LE set and the bird set is in an envelope. Also the LE set has the COA.

Offline grabowski67

« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2013, 03:22:12 PM »
UPS just delivered my stuff. I'm in New Jersey. 2 color sketches from RE edition Ron Comes. Smokin Joe non color Weaky Packages sketch and a Neil Camera non color sketch from LE set. Nice stuff. Little expensive thought. This hobby is putting me in the poor house. Stamps are cool too. TS 18 and TS 19 are also cool.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
UPS just delivered my stuff. I'm in New Jersey. 2 color sketches from RE edition Ron Comes. Smokin Joe non color Weaky Packages sketch and a Neil Camera non color sketch from LE set. Nice stuff. Little expensive thought. This hobby is putting me in the poor house. Stamps are cool too. TS 18 and TS 19 are also cool.

Can you post your sketches in a Postcard Series 9 Sketch Spoiler thread?

I'm also curious if people that bought 3 LE sets will get all the bios or are we looking at trading? I'm sure we will be trading.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2013, 03:51:30 PM »
Mine came today without any notice of any kind except my Paypal receipt yesterday.  They re great!

Guess I can stop worrying. Mine just arrived at the front door via UPS.  :0012392:  :whoo: