Author Topic: WACKY PACKAGE POSTCARDS SERIES 9 - ON SALE TOMORROW (TUES., JUNE 25)!!!  (Read 46176 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Greetings Wacky Postcardettes,

I wanted to let you know that Series 9 Wacky Postcards will go on sale tomorrow (Tues. June 25) on Topps.com!!! Release time should be around 12 eastern (subject to change). Limit of 3 sets per household/credit card.

Series 9 comes in two flavors: Regular and Limited Edition!

Limited Edition features:
* Artwork by Neil Camera, Brent Engstrom, David Gross, Matthew Kirscht, Joe Simko and Smokin’ Joe!
* Limited to 350 Signed and Numbered Postcard Sets!
* Each set comes Wrapped in a Commemorative Limited Edition Pack!
* Six Full Color Postcards in each Set!
* Matching Numbered Certificate of Authenticity!
* One Hand-Drawn Sketch Card, Signed & Numbered by the Artist!
* One “Booty Pebbles” Bonus Card # TS18!
* One Collector’s “Stamp Book” featuring 8 New Designs!
* Each set includes 2 of 6 Different Artist Bio Cards!
* Postcards feature Authentic Postcard back!
* Available only at Topps.com!

REGULAR SET FEATURES:
* Features the Art of Neil Camera, Brent Engstrom, David Gross, Matthew Kirscht, Joe Simko and Smokin’ Joe!
* Each set comes Sealed in a Commemorative Envelope!
* Six Full Color Postcards in each Set!
* One Hand-Drawn Sketch Card Sticker, Signed & Numbered by the Artist (Collect all Three Designs)!
* One “Hersheep” Bonus Card # TS19!
* Postcards feature Authentic Postcard back!

TIP OF THE DAY:

Mike Jaspersen @ Topps recommends that customers interested in ordering postcards today include ONLY postcards in their order. Adding other items (such as binders, etc) to your order may delay your shipment for up to 10 days.

HAVE A WACKY DAY!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:28:25 AM by koduck »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Do you know what the set purchase limit is?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Do you know what the set purchase limit is?

Just got word that the set limit is 3 per household/credit card.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:59:05 PM by koduck »

Offline DrDeal

Nice to see 6 Bio cards and not 8 since we will prob have a 3 set limit and you get two per pack.

Andrew

Offline Swiski

How shortly after will the standard edition sets be listed? Would like to make one order to save on shipping before the LE sets sell out.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
How shortly after will the standard edition sets be listed? Would like to make one order to save on shipping before the LE sets sell out.

I wonder if Topps will have free shipping?

Offline DrDeal

I wonder if Topps will have free shipping?
Free shipping with orders over $100 is the standard offer.

Andrew

Offline jeffcaff

Just found out that Topps moved their warehouse to Massachusetts and switched carriers to FEDEX Ground.  Not sure how this will affect shipments.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Just found out that Topps moved their warehouse to Massachusetts and switched carriers to FEDEX Ground.  Not sure how this will affect shipments.

Sounds like good news for the upper right-coasters but not sure we will see much of an impact here in the midwest.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

I think these will sell out rapidly as they did 999 on the PC8 and 350 on this run. I hope they do the Mini Postcards again with multiple purchases of Regular Edition sets,. They were cool.

Andrew

Offline ratchet007

I'm kinda curious about the Collectors "Stamp Book". Says 8 new designs. If that is 8 individual then people will need to trade or buy to complete this "sub-set".

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
I hope this is either at 9am, or in the evening, or I'm gonna get shut out.....

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
I'm kinda curious about the Collectors "Stamp Book". Says 8 new designs. If that is 8 individual then people will need to trade or buy to complete this "sub-set".

It's one single stamp book that includes all 8 designs and it's super cool 8)!!!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!

I just heard the sets will now be released simultaneously.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
I think these will sell out rapidly as they did 999 on the PC8 and 350 on this run. I hope they do the Mini Postcards again with multiple purchases of Regular Edition sets,. They were cool.

Andrew

Sorry, there won't be any mini postcards for this series  :'(

Offline DrDeal

Sorry, there won't be any mini postcards for this series  :'(

Will there be any incentive to purchase multiple reg sets or just buy the one and were done?

Andrew

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
*One Hand-Drawn Sketch Card Sticker, Signed & Numbered by the Artist (Collect all Three Designs)!

can you tell us more about this item in the Regular Set?
are these 3 sketches chosen from the limited release and turned into stickers?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:25:22 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

• Administrator
Will there be any incentive to purchase multiple reg sets or just buy the one and were done?

Andrew
3 sketches, so 3 regular sets need to be purchased if you "want them all"

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
*One Hand-Drawn Sketch Card Sticker, Signed & Numbered by the Artist (Collect all Three Designs)!

They're completely different from the Limited Edition sketches: the LE sketches are drawn on the heavy card stock you're familiar with.  The regular edition are peel off stickers! Imagine an original series wacky (with black border) but in place of the product, there's a hand-drawn sketch!

Offline DrSushi

They're completely different from the Limited Edition sketches: the LE sketches are drawn on the heavy card stock you're familiar with.  The regular edition are peel off stickers! Imagine an original series wacky (with black border) but in place of the product, there's a hand-drawn sketch!

Ooooooh!

Offline Jean Nutty

hmmmm . . . a sketch sticker . . . now there’s one I wouldn’t peel!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
I hope this is either at 9am, or in the evening, or I'm gonna get shut out.....

The release time should be around noon eastern time (subject to change).

Offline NEZHEAD42

Dammit! My situation has changed since previous releases. I will be in class all day tommorrow and will miss out on the noon release time. I am sure that 350 run will be gone by the time I get home at 6pm. Guess I can pick up a set w/out sketch after the fact on ebay. It looks and sounds like a cool set. I like the color scheme.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

At first I thought what the heck is Patrick talking about. Then I went back up to Neil's first post and realize he added mor info. I thought I was losing my mind...LOL

Offline 7-Pup

Will the stamps be included in the regular sets or limited only to the limited edition sets?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Will the stamps be included in the regular sets or limited only to the limited edition sets?

LE as Neil explained above in his first post.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!

Does the limit apply only to the LE sets, or all sets?  In other words, can we buy 3 LE sets plus 3 regular sets in the same order, or is it 3 total of both types?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys

Hey Neil, is that 3 per household limit for both the Limited and Regular releases this time because of the sketch cards?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Hey Neil, is that 3 per household limit for both the Limited and Regular releases this time because of the sketch cards?

The Sketch stickers are definitely a variable!  Hopefully they will be like the early postcards, and all alike.  We also have not see prices, have we?

• Administrator
The Sketch stickers are definitely a variable!  Hopefully they will be like the early postcards, and all alike.  We also have not see prices, have we?
that sounds like what Neil posted - just 3 designs are being sketched. kind of like PC1 that only had the 3 sketch images.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
that sounds like what Neil posted - just 3 designs are being sketched. kind of like PC1 that only had the 3 sketch images.

3 designs but I wouldn't be surprised if there was multiple artists doing each design.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Swiski

What was the price last time for the LE sets? I might just get one set this time because I have feeling the regular sets will cost more now because of the sketch stickers.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
3 designs but I wouldn't be surprised if there was multiple artists doing each design.

Maybe they mean 3 border designs kind of like ANS10 shaped sketches?

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!

So are the postcards themselves the same in both sets, aside from the LE ones being signed?  Or are they different artwork entirely?

• Administrator
So are the postcards themselves the same in both sets, aside from the LE ones being signed?  Or are they different artwork entirely?
the art has always been the exactly same - except for the case of the plain/peanut M&M difference in the last Halloween set