Author Topic: Hipton says Hi!  (Read 8986 times)

Offline Hipton

Hipton says Hi!
« on: June 14, 2013, 07:02:41 PM »
Just wanted to say and Hi. It's been awhile since I've been on here and I do miss many of you. Was supposed to go to the spring Philly show with Brute 88, but we both had last minute emergencies and couldn't attend. Really sad I missed it. Read the thread, I can't believe I missed Andy Hermann! I thought he had gotten out of the hobby. Has anyone heard from Windhex? I read somewhere someone was asking about Plastered Peanut...he is doing fine and still into Wackys. I need to get back into the Wacky swing of things! I don't even know what new series is out now. I checked out the states thread...there are so many new names! I noticed a few people from CA. I'll be in the Bay Area for almost two weeks the middle of July. If anyone is near San Rafael, pm me and maybe we can meet up. I don't think I've ever met a Wacky collector I didn't like! Will also be attending the California Extreme pinball/game show on the 13th. Speaking of CA, what ever happened to Slayskool and Cap'n Crud? Still Wacky after all these years, maybe I can make the fall Philly show.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Hipton says Hi!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 07:25:21 PM »
Great to see your back! I don't know where you left of and were you should begin but its been a torrid couple years with releases.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »
...Speaking of CA, what ever happened to Slayskool and Cap'n Crud? Still Wacky after all these years, maybe I can make the fall Philly show.

I still hang out with the Cap'n now & then.  I heard Slayschool's completely off the Wacky grid, though.  Not quite the same without old Paul, though.  I did see tons of copies of the "Wacky Packages Gallery" book at WACKO bookstore in Hollywood a few weeks ago, though.  That was kind of cool.  Imagine if those guys had to try to put together a new one with all the ANS stuff in it now?  Forget it.

So, who's Hipton anyway?  I can't remember all the handles anymore (and I've changed mine a million times, too.  Used to be Dr.Popper years ago, but there's a new Doc in town now).

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »
So, who's Hipton anyway?
Cheryl Sweppy. Think she (re)joined the hobby around 2002-03. She's been very scarce for a couple of years now.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
I still hang out with the Cap'n now & then.  I heard Slayschool's completely off the Wacky grid, though.  Not quite the same without old Paul, though.  I did see tons of copies of the "Wacky Packages Gallery" book at WACKO bookstore in Hollywood a few weeks ago, though.  That was kind of cool.  Imagine if those guys had to try to put together a new one with all the ANS stuff in it now?  Forget it.

So, who's Hipton anyway?  I can't remember all the handles anymore (and I've changed mine a million times, too.  Used to be Dr.Popper years ago, but there's a new Doc in town now).

So you were Dr. Popper?  I remember when I was joining Greg's forum for the first time and inquired about that title he said there was someone using that one but hadn't been on the forum for over a year or so, and I think he said he emailed to check with you and it was cool.  I was careful not to take someone's title who may be still active. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 09:58:06 AM »
So you were Dr. Popper?  I remember when I was joining Greg's forum for the first time and inquired about that title he said there was someone using that one but hadn't been on the forum for over a year or so, and I think he said he emailed to check with you and it was cool.  I was careful not to take someone's title who may be still active. 

No big deal.  I was cool being anything from the 8th series.  Contrary to the masses, it's my favorite set.  And since Toadal is such a mysterious title from that set, I dig it.  Plus, technically I go missing from the forum & the hobby every few years anyway, so a pulled title makes more sense for me.  heh.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 02:52:30 PM »
No big deal.  I was cool being anything from the 8th series.  Contrary to the masses, it's my favorite set.  And since Toadal is such a mysterious title from that set, I dig it.  Plus, technically I go missing from the forum & the hobby every few years anyway, so a pulled title makes more sense for me.  heh.

Is that you Rob?  So who is the new Dr. Popper?  we need a master list of members and handles!  Oh, and Hi Hipton!
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »
Is that you Rob?  So who is the new Dr. Popper?  we need a master list of members and handles!  Oh, and Hi Hipton!

I think that Toadally Dude is Scott B. He made an appearance earlier this year for a few months then seems to have vanished again.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 03:28:50 PM »
I think that Toadally Dude is Scott B. He made an appearance earlier this year for a few months then seems to have vanished again.

Scott was "Toadal" on the old board; that is what confused me I think. 
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 03:38:12 PM »
Scott was "Toadal" on the old board; that is what confused me I think. 

Yah, I forgot about that.  I was ToadalToad at one point, and then Dr.Popper.  And probably something with "Thinkies", too.  That old forum was both violent and vibrant I remember.  When we were all soooo into Wackys, it seems like everyone was actually all on line posting at the same time & the replies would come so fast it was almost like texting.  It would be interesting to know how many of the old crew are still on this one.  I can't remember all the handles & there are so many new people.  I haven't heard anything from or about Paul or Phil in years, but I imagine those guys are back in biz with the books a little.  At one point you could find it really cheap online, but now it's selling for over the sticker price on Amazon, and I've seen it in at least a couple book shops in LA.  The Gallery I mean.  The old "Handbook" has actually become a collectible itself.  I wish I'd kept a bunch when I had the chance.  I think I have 1 of each (Handbook 1, 2, and Gallery) in new condition and then my marked up copies.  Oh well.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »
The content of this forum skews toward new releases, so many old timers who aren't into that have skipped town. Many have remained also.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 05:37:51 PM »

That old forum was both violent and vibrant I remember. 

Toadally Dude

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 12:05:51 PM »
Hi Cheryl - I still have that Christmas card you sent out from a sketch Jay did for you. What was that, 8 years ago? Maybe longer! LOL Still enjoy it. BBG