Author Topic: original series Wacky Packages in recent movie  (Read 6610 times)

Offline Rebell Jet

• my animated gifs here
original series Wacky Packages in recent movie
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:25:27 PM »
Hi Guys,
Haven't been active in a while, so someone may have already posted this. These stills are from a 2012 crappy horror movie set in the 1970s titled 'The Fields'. Seems to be a mixed series pack. This was about as far as I made it in the movie before shutting it off. Lousy movie, but it was still cool to see this scene.

my animated gifs here: http://rdperry.com/gifs75.html

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: original series Wacky Packages in recent movie
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 04:32:16 PM »
Hi Guys,
Haven't been active in a while, so someone may have already posted this. These stills are from a 2012 crappy horror movie set in the 1970s titled 'The Fields'. Seems to be a mixed series pack. This was about as far as I made it in the movie before shutting it off. Lousy movie, but it was still cool to see this scene.

Welcome back!  And, what a cool movie find!!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 06:37:24 PM »
Looks like a 1986 album sticker pack.  That is pretty cool!  What was the context of the kid opening these in the movie?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 07:44:04 PM »
That is really cool. It sure does look like the album stickers. I'm sure this low budget movie couldn't afford expensive props...LOL
I wonder if this is on Netflix?

Offline Rebell Jet

• my animated gifs here
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 07:47:30 AM »
It is on Netflix -- instant and dvd. The scene had nothing to do with the plot. The kid was going to the store with his grandfather, and on the ride there, the grandfather asked him if he was going to "buy some of those bubble gum trading cards", or something to that effect.
my animated gifs here: http://rdperry.com/gifs75.html

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 03:43:48 PM »
seemed as good a topic as any to post this in.

I was watching Elvis & Annabelle. The two characters end up at a Thrift store to try on clothes and outside the changing room there's a reprint sheet hanging on the wall.
There are better shots of the poster, but not of Blake Lively, so I went with Blake.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 10:31:18 PM »
I know this is an old topic... but I just wanted to suggest that Scary Lee and Ghost were probably selected since it was a scary movie. So, maybe there was a reason to show these cards. As a harbinger?

It is on Netflix -- instant and dvd. The scene had nothing to do with the plot. The kid was going to the store with his grandfather, and on the ride there, the grandfather asked him if he was going to "buy some of those bubble gum trading cards", or something to that effect.