Author Topic: BINDERS .... SPOILERS!  (Read 30525 times)

Offline Shrunken Donuts

BINDERS .... SPOILERS!
« on: May 30, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »
More to follow, when I get time...

Offline Shrunken Donuts

Re: BINDERS .... SPOILERS!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »

By the way, the #s don't match up per package.  For example, in one envelope, my 1st series puzzle and sketch was #47/150, my 2nd series puzzle and sketch was #12/150, etc.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »
What are your thought after seeing them in person? Quality? Cool factor?

I see that Bill posted a few auctions on ebay but he used the same stock photo from Topps on the binders. I see the puzzle is the whole binder but I would like to see a photo of the whole binder. Also is there any detail on the inside of the binder? The artwork on the puzzles (binders) are absolutely amazing. They are like a whole sketch collage.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:41:13 PM by BumChex »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 03:41:16 PM »
There are several lots on ebay now with sketches separated from their binders up for bid.
Alex

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 03:44:26 PM »
its funny they're almost exactly what I was expecting. They're definitely cool but not out of this world cool. The binders themselves seem to be good quality. The horizontal sketches take some getting used to. I guess I was hoping to be a little more blown away. For the price of these things it would have been nice to have something else thwown in. Not sure exactly what ... just feels a little empty. A color sketch would have helped big time but of course I didn't get any.  I'd give these a 7 out of 10 in overall coolness.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »
its funny they're almost exactly what I was expecting. They're definitely cool but not out of this world cool. The binders themselves seem to be good quality. The horizontal sketches take some getting used to. I guess I was hoping to be a little more blown away. For the price of these things it would have been nice to have something else thwown in. Not sure exactly what ... just feels a little empty. A color sketch would have helped big time but of course I didn't get any.  I'd give these a 7 out of 10 in overall coolness.

How is the fabric cover?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
Also, are these binders sealed? The reason I ask is that Topps would know who gets the color sketches?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »
Also, are these binders sealed? The reason I ask is that Topps would know who gets the color sketches?
sounds like the cards are in a separate sealed envelope according to the 2nd post? no need to seal the binder in that case.

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 04:03:03 PM »
The binders themselves come empty and are not sealed. The set of 4 puzzles comes in a sealed envelope.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 04:12:10 PM »
What do the spines look like? I want to know what these will look like on my Wacky Shelf?

Andrew

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »
My paypal is still pending  :'( 

I am hoping that I get a positve response soon.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »
My paypal is still pending  :'( 

I am hoping that I get a positve response soon.

Did you send an email? That worked for me today. Still no shipping notice but they took my funds.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 06:22:08 PM »
You East Coasters are so lucky. I have to wait until Tues and Wed for mine. Topps should move their distribution office to Denver!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 06:37:24 PM »
What do the spines look like? I want to know what these will look like on my Wacky Shelf?

Andrew

There is one on eBay showing the spine and there is nothing but a number. I think the spine will match the color of the wrappers. It kind of stinks they didn't do anything special with the spine.

Offline mcuddy17

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »
I finally sit down to look at everything and I find this:

How does this happen?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »

How does this happen?

you got two sketches??

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 06:51:59 PM »

How does this happen?

Dude, that sucks.  That means there's at least one more puzzle out there that is f'd up as well.  I hope your missing card wasn't the sketch piece?

Offline mcuddy17

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »
No, not the sketch card. Not sure which but I got 2 artist bio cards. Sent email to topps so I'll see what they can do.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »

How does this happen?

OMG, Topps really needs to review the packers they hire. This is a limited release of 150. How do you screw this up? I can see packing 60k worth of packs but 150?

Offline Kook

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 08:00:11 PM »

I see that Bill posted a few auctions on ebay but he used the same stock photo from Topps on the binders. I see the puzzle is the whole binder but I would like to see a photo of the whole binder. Also is there any detail on the inside of the binder? The artwork on the puzzles (binders) are absolutely amazing. They are like a whole sketch collage.

I hadn't had a chance to download my binder pictures yet - here are pictures of the 1st binder. The binder artwork is the same as the corresponding puzzle for each series.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:02:12 PM by Kook »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »
you got two sketches??

It appears, from this auction on eBay, that the sketch might not always in the center position, regarding the puzzle layout

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Binders-1st-4th-Series-COMPLETE-SET-w-sketch-cards-/200929442203?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec853f99b

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 08:13:50 PM »
There is one on eBay showing the spine and there is nothing but a number. I think the spine will match the color of the wrappers. It kind of stinks they didn't do anything special with the spine.

The spines look so very disappointing!  They couldn't even put a Wacky Packages logo there?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 08:13:57 PM »
I don't get it. Why is the spine cutting off the art? Paul Mall is cut off, dog is cut off, & the camel is cut off on the bottom. Why not shrink it down a bit, put the artwork through the spine, and wrap the extra cloth through the inside? Why do I know feel this was rushed? Damn! Why does it seem they make these quality control issues all the time? If I worked at Topps I would have said send me a sample first. Maybe that is what they wanted, who knows, but it doesn't make sense. It's not how I would have done it. I think they need a guy with an eye for detail. I may not be that guy but I know I could have done a better job.

Again, I haven't received mine yet and have only seen pics but when the artists put everything into these why find a way to screw it up? I wanted to see all the artwork when the binder was laid out unfolded. I don't think we see all the art with the puzzle and now I don't know if we see it all on the binder.

I still believe these are special but could have been the holy grail of Wacky memorabilia. Until I actually see mine I have this opinion based on the pictures.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 10:20:32 PM »
I hadn't had a chance to download my binder pictures yet - here are pictures of the 1st binder. The binder artwork is the same as the corresponding puzzle for each series.

So these are vinyl/plastic binders and not cloth?
A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 03:11:17 AM »
So the spines will be a pack color rainbow if they stick to pack colors with a consecutive numbering. Since the Non Sport Binders have been around for awhile with their cool Logo running across the 4 binder spines you would think someone on this project would have done something with the spines. I am thinking of getting some stick on letters to spell out the logo.

Andrew

Offline Swiski

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 04:45:29 AM »
Love the illustrations!!! However, I'm still glad I cancelled my order.

Offline chipereno

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 05:13:36 AM »
It appears, from this auction on eBay, that the sketch might not always in the center position, regarding the puzzle layout

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Binders-1st-4th-Series-COMPLETE-SET-w-sketch-cards-/200929442203?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec853f99b

Not true.
He just mixed up the orientation of the puzzle.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2013, 07:25:28 AM »
Not true.

I wondered if they mixed up that one puzzle when they scanned it.

Does it appear mcuddy17 received a center puzzle piece with a bio card back instead of a sketch back?

Maybe the only center puzzle piece without a sketch - a rare one of a kind?

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2013, 07:25:29 AM »
Not true.
No.  There are indeed puzzles that when laid out correctly have the sketch somewhere other than the center spot.  This seems to be happening w/ the 2nd series puzzles for some reason. Not sure if its some or all of them.  So few examples to go on at this time.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:37:24 AM by Shrunken Donuts »

Offline chipereno

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2013, 08:16:22 AM »
No.  There are indeed puzzles that when laid out correctly have the sketch somewhere other than the center spot.  This seems to be happening w/ the 2nd series puzzles for some reason. Not sure if its some or all of them.  So few examples to go on at this time.

Here is a pic of the press sheet.
Orientation is same for all 4 puzzles.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »
I'm really confused by the sketch placement. I received these pics from Marc. It seems that all the series 2 Simko's are to the right. Also the other  card layout is different on the Simkos. What's the deal?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:09:16 AM by BumChex »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 09:12:12 AM »
I'm really confused by the sketch placement. I received these pics from Marc. It seems that all the series 2 Simko's are to the right. Also the other  card layout is different on the Simkos. What's the deal?

The placement of Marc's series 2 puzzle front is incorrect. The 3 images shown in the right hand column should actually appear in the left hand column. Then everything should make sense...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:14:05 AM by koduck »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 09:22:42 AM »
The placement of Marc's series 2 puzzle front is incorrect. The 3 images shown in the right hand column should actually appear in the left hand column. Then everything should make sense...

Mystery solved. So much for the witch hunt! :] :]
Neil, did you do any color sketches? So far everything shown has been in pen.

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 09:47:27 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up. So Topps shipped out all or most of the series 2 puzzles in the wrong configuration? Crazy!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »
Here is a picture of the spines together. Why so empty when there is so much going on with the front and backs?

anything