Author Topic: NEW TOPPS.COM "ARTISTS ON DEMAND" CUSTOM SKETCH CARD PROGRAM!  (Read 90878 times)

Offline wackydustin

Re: NEW TOPPS.COM "ARTISTS ON DEMAND" CUSTOM SKETCH CARD PROGRAM!
« Reply #315 on: February 19, 2014, 09:48:14 AM »
I put my November Weird Wheels and Trash Can Trolls AOD cards up on ebay
at a low price if anyone is interested, thanks for viewing!

LINK-> http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=mellowdustin&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdemand+sketch&_nkw=demand+sketch&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #316 on: February 19, 2014, 10:19:05 AM »
Dustin, great work as always!  I just checked and all your B&Ws have bids.  I guess that means there are AOD collectors.  I was beginning to wonder.

Offline wackydustin

« Reply #317 on: February 19, 2014, 01:32:23 PM »
you and me both! ha!
if anything it is a Topps sketch card
that's got to be worth something!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #318 on: February 19, 2014, 09:05:35 PM »
This has always been tricky since these are not really part of a series. If Topps would have done this 3 years ago it could have been a huge success. Now the sketch market has taken a huge hit. I love the sketches because they are little pieces of art but I think Topps burnt us out. I'm not as passionate as I used to be. Topps seems to burn us out with every new release. It drives me crazy and I know it does others. I haven't searched eBay in about 10 days. I used to look at eBay about 10 times a day. I'm starting to wonder if my heart is still with Wackys. I've spent so much money over the years that it seems like Topps has repayed me with impossible series to collect. Maybe OLDS5 will get me excited again. I have a feeling Wackys have had their run and that saddens me a bit. I was having a blast until the end of ANS10 and now ANS11 is a blip on my radar.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #319 on: February 19, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »
Brad, are you telling me you didn't have a blast with the ANS 11 patches?  This year we only have three series to look forward to and the first one is still months away.  We have the first Chromes, Olds 5 and Wacky Packages 2014.  ANS is over and to me the 9 years of collecting ANS is as fond a memory as the 3-4 collecting the original series. 

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #320 on: February 20, 2014, 08:25:56 AM »
I put my November Weird Wheels and Trash Can Trolls AOD cards up on ebay
at a low price if anyone is interested, thanks for viewing!

LINK-> http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=mellowdustin&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdemand+sketch&_nkw=demand+sketch&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Beautiful art Dustin!

Brad, you may veer away from Wackys for a short time, but if I know you, you'll find your way back...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2014, 08:54:13 AM »
Brad, are you telling me you didn't have a blast with the ANS 11 patches?  This year we only have three series to look forward to and the first one is still months away.  We have the first Chromes, Olds 5 and Wacky Packages 2014.  ANS is over and to me the 9 years of collecting ANS is as fond a memory as the 3-4 collecting the original series.  

I only pulled 3 patches and had to buy the rest. I love the patches and that was the only real highlight of ANS11 for me. ANS11 seemed like it was just thrown together to get it out the door.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2014, 08:55:35 AM »
Beautiful art Dustin!

Brad, you may veer away from Wackys for a short time, but if I know you, you'll find your way back...

Like I said once OLDS5 hits I will probably get excited again.

Offline quas

« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »
Like I said once OLDS5 hits I will probably get excited again.

If they restrict the sketch images to just a handful of Wacky characters, as was the case for OS2 and OS3, then there would seem to be a lot better chance of success.  Otherwise it will just be OS4, ANS10, and ANS11 sketches all over again, with every Wacky character fair game and no substantive distinction between OS5 and those three series.

Maybe for OS6 we could either take a poll now or use the results of a previous poll to give Topps ideas as to which 20-25 Wacky characters we would most like to see sketched.  Maybe some that haven't received that much attention until now.  For example, I'd vote for Struggle, La Chew, and Foot Gushers from ANS1.  It would be a win-win, as it would maximize our satisfaction and maximize their profits.
Marc

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2014, 01:52:48 PM »
OLDS5 sketch situation will be much better than last series

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #325 on: February 21, 2014, 10:05:03 AM »
OLDS5 sketch situation will be much better than last series

With ALL Colored Sketches I hope... :] :]

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #326 on: February 21, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »
With ALL Colored Sketches I hope... :] :]

Don't forget glow in the dark sketches.  ;)