Author Topic: unusual Wacky Packages book - anyone know anything?  (Read 3642 times)

Offline crackedjerk

unusual Wacky Packages book - anyone know anything?
« on: May 08, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »
So I was surfing through amazon.com this morning and came across the following book:
http://www.amazon.com/Wacky-Packages-Parodies-Consumer-Products/dp/6130549644/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273328930&sr=8-10
Has anyone heard of it or know anything about it?  Strange that I've never heard any mention of it before.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: unusual Wacky Packages book - anyone know anything?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 07:39:45 AM »
So I was surfing through amazon.com this morning and came across the following book:
http://www.amazon.com/Wacky-Packages-Parodies-Consumer-Products/dp/6130549644/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273328930&sr=8-10
Has anyone heard of it or know anything about it?  Strange that I've never heard any mention of it before.
This is the first I've heard of it, and it's not even available to buy from Amazon, despite a March 25, 2010 publishing date?  Very strange.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 08:12:52 AM »
interesting stuff. I did a quick search of their other books, and found out that these books are a scam.
the "publisher" just takes wikipedia articles, prints on demand and binds them into a book
complete BS.
Amazon needs to prohibit crap like this from getting into their system.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 01:10:33 PM »
interesting stuff. I did a quick search of their other books, and found out that these books are a scam.
the "publisher" just takes wikipedia articles, prints on demand and binds them into a book
complete BS.

Thanks for looking into it.  I certainly wasn't very tempted to buy it, but it was very curious.  I agree that Amazon should prohibit, or at the very least give a strong warning about, this type of product.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 03:25:36 PM »
complete BS.

Ah, but it's "high quality" crap  :^)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 05:59:47 PM »
Good one. Guess they'll need a Gold Terlit for dat out of stock terd.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Beanball

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 07:06:20 PM »
complete BS.
If that is true, it's total HS.
People shouldn't be allowed to do that. In my opinion. But the book is sold out.
I but Topps put the Kabash to it.

anything