Author Topic: MEMORIAL WEEKEND SALE AT TOPPS.COM 25% OFF MERCHANDISE STOREWIDE!  (Read 7111 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
 Starting Friday, May 24, 2013, Topps.com will be offering 25% OFF ALL merchandise on their site throughout MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! Includes Sports and Entertainment products!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:55:38 AM by koduck »

Offline crackedjerk

Re: MEMORIAL WEEKEND SALE AT TOPPS.COM 25% OFF MERCHANDISE STOREWIDE!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »
Thanks for the update, Neil.  I don't have much I need to order, but that's a nice sale.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »
Thanks for the update, Neil.  I don't have much I need to order, but that's a nice sale.

Hmmm...I was going to order that Star Wars Galactic Files Deluxe set, but apparently it sold out! :'(

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:14:12 AM »
Do you mean Friday, May 24th through May 27th?  Memorial Day is Monday, the 27th.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:55:18 AM »
Do you mean Friday, May 24th through May 27th?  Memorial Day is Monday, the 27th.

You're correct! Sorry 'bout the mixup with the dates!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »
Dang! It always seems like these sales come up when I don't need anything. How about 25% off the binders :] :]

Offline Kook

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »
Dang! It always seems like these sales come up when I don't need anything. How about 25% off the binders :] :]
I doubt that was by accident. I don't think they wanted to give 25% off a new hot product. It sold out just in time for the sale! According to the store inventory, there are still about 1350 boxes of olds4 left though.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 12:33:19 PM »
I doubt that was by accident. I don't think they wanted to give 25% off a new hot product. It sold out just in time for the sale! According to the store inventory, there are still about 1350 boxes of olds4 left though.

I'm done with OLDS4. I would love to find some of the cool smokes and booze sketches that Neil did but it's not worth the risk. Just take a look at all the auctions now.

Looks to be about 900 OLDS4 auctions that have ended in the last month or so and about half sold for $10 and under. Over 2/3rds sold for $20 or less. Even with a 25% discount your odds are pretty tough to recoup money for the sketches you don't like.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:43:27 PM by BumChex »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 03:27:16 PM »
Hmmm...I was going to order that Star Wars Galactic Files Deluxe set, but apparently it sold out! :'(

Well, that figures.  I'm not going to get aggravated over this stuff anymore.  Although the sample set they had out at the show last fall was gorgeous, I have plenty of Star Wars card sets already.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »
That is because the sketch quality was not the same as previous sets and instead of 20 different sketches per artist it was a free for all,  so you eliminated the person that would of collected all the sketches from one artist. 

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 09:03:40 PM »
Starting Friday, May 24, 2013, Topps.com will be offering 25% OFF ALL merchandise on their site throughout MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! Includes Sports and Entertainment products!
Oh, sure.  NOW , they run a sale for 25% off!   :P

Time to go get some good stuff...

Happy Hunting!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 04:17:24 AM »
Somebody at Topps has a good sense of humor - I went looking this morning to see if anything previously "sold out" might have reappeared in time for the weekend sale.  Clicked on the Star Wars Galactic Files set, and got this:

http://entertainment.topps.com/2012-topps-star-wars-galactic-files-deluxe-printing-plate-set.html?___store=entertainment/

Offline Swiski

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 10:52:21 AM »
Somebody at Topps has a good sense of humor - I went looking this morning to see if anything previously "sold out" might have reappeared in time for the weekend sale.  Clicked on the Star Wars Galactic Files set, and got this:

http://entertainment.topps.com/2012-topps-star-wars-galactic-files-deluxe-printing-plate-set.html?___store=entertainment/

Yeah...I'm thinking they purposely removed it so nobody can save $100

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 02:03:52 PM »
I just found out for the first time at the local comic book store that the little topps wacky books have enclosed cards inside the back cover - can anyone tell me what those cards are all about? unfortunately both books aren't available on the website for discount this weekend so I may just buy these at full price from my comix shop.
Alex

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 04:36:35 PM »
I just found out for the first time at the local comic book store that the little topps wacky books have enclosed cards inside the back cover - can anyone tell me what those cards are all about? unfortunately both books aren't available on the website for discount this weekend so I may just buy these at full price from my comix shop.
Alex
check out our Bonus & Promo master list for the card titles

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=1454.0

also, Greg's site has good info on the books themselves

http://www.wackypackages.org/miscellaneous/book/index.html
http://www.wackypackages.org/miscellaneous/book/vol2/

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 12:00:17 AM »
check out our Bonus & Promo master list for the card titles

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=1454.0

also, Greg's site has good info on the books themselves

http://www.wackypackages.org/miscellaneous/book/index.html
http://www.wackypackages.org/miscellaneous/book/vol2/

Thank you!! Invaluable information!!
Alex

Offline Go_Bum

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »
Alex

You can find the two books on amazon for really good prices. The first(red) is $16.35 and the second(blue) is a ridiculously low $7.98 . Unfortunately you won't get the first printing of the red book with "Sea Honkies", "Granny Hairs" etc. I missed out on that one myself.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 08:05:39 AM »
Just got an email touting 20% off everything at Topps.com today through Sunday. There wasn't a code, it looks like the discount is automatically applied when an item is placed in your cart. So "The Birds" edition of Postcards series 9 is now $31.99.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 08:15:28 AM »
Just got an email touting 20% off everything at Topps.com today through Sunday. There wasn't a code, it looks like the discount is automatically applied when an item is placed in your cart. So "The Birds" edition of Postcards series 9 is now $31.99.
Lets make it even money            32.00
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 08:54:33 AM »
Lets make it even money            32.00

I checked and Topps gives you the penny!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 09:01:24 AM »
CRACKED IS STRIKING A MATCH AND MAKING IT STRIKE YOU BACK
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 09:06:50 AM »

It also appears that the $100 free shipping is based on the total amount before discount. I placed an order totally $95.98 AFTER discount and got free shipping. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:10:09 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 01:53:05 PM »

You can find the two books on amazon for really good prices. The first(red) is $16.35 and the second(blue) is a ridiculously low $7.98 . Unfortunately you won't get the first printing of the red book with "Sea Honkies", "Granny Hairs" etc. I missed out on that one myself.

I checked the red edition from the library and theres no mention of Sea Honkies or Granny Hairs in that one either...now I'm curious...
A

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
I checked the red edition from the library and theres no mention of Sea Honkies or Granny Hairs in that one either...now I'm curious...
A

I have the first edition book(s) FOR SALE!!andsecond as well....if interested PM me...thx

anything