Author Topic: Original Series Uncut Sheets  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Original Series Uncut Sheets
« on: May 15, 2013, 05:59:04 AM »
I can't imagine this hasn't been noticed/discussed before....but I just can't remember ever noticing it/hearing it mentioned. That is, that starting with series 4, the top left sticker in the uncut sheet for every series is the "puzzle title". Wormy Packages, Big Baddy, Mold Rush, etc. Right through series 16.

OK Patrick....I'm sure you posted a thread on this back in 2000....right?  ;D

Offline Bigmuc13

Re: Original Series Uncut Sheets
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 07:48:34 AM »
I can't imagine this hasn't been noticed/discussed before....but I just can't remember ever noticing it/hearing it mentioned. That is, that starting with series 4, the top left sticker in the uncut sheet for every series is the "puzzle title". Wormy Packages, Big Baddy, Mold Rush, etc. Right through series 16.

I am sure it was done that way to avoid as little of confusion as possible with the continual flow of C&D letters.  As most probably are aware of, Topps always used a parody of one of their products for the puzzles, so there was never a need for a change to the puzzles based on a C&D.  Also, the ones in the top three left and bottom three right were the double printed ones in sets that had 30 stickers instead of 33 starting with series 4.  So it makes sense, one of the few times Topps actually did something logical!
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »
LOL. I probably did.
series 3 was the transition, with the puzzle card/sticker in the lower right of the 3-row set, along with the 2 other repeat titles.
it gets lost down there on the 7 row sheet, so upper left is certainly easier to see.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »
Love this Wacky Trivia!  :great:

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »
I wonder if a possible explanation here is that the first title on the sheet is the first title that was chosen for the series?  Due to all the early C&D orders, by the time they got to series 4, they started choosing the Topps product first for each series knowing that it could not be C&D'd.

Notice the first two titles on the sheet for series 14 are both Topps products.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:28:15 PM by BustedFinger »
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!