Author Topic: OS 1 - 16 Binder Purchase Recap  (Read 52310 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: OS 1 - 16 Binder Purchase Recap
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2013, 04:34:53 PM »
I'm signed up for UPS MyChoice and received email from them with tracking number. Due tomorrow in NJ.

I wonder why Topps can't send shipping notices? My last couple orders I didn't receive anything. I thought they would have it fixed by now?
Glad to hear they're shipping. If mine shipped today I won't have it until next Tues or Wed.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2013, 05:08:23 PM »
I'm signed up for UPS MyChoice and received email from them with tracking number. Due tomorrow in NJ.

WOO HOO!!!! Yippeeee
Alex

Offline mcuddy17

« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
I wonder why Topps can't send shipping notices? My last couple orders I didn't receive anything. I thought they would have it fixed by now?
Glad to hear they're shipping. If mine shipped today I won't have it until next Tues or Wed.

I haven't received anything from Topps either. If you log into your account at topps.com you can track shipment.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2013, 06:07:13 PM »
I like the number 7             (7/9)

(Image removed from quote.)

Thank you for posting that.  I miss 7 of 9; she made Voyager worth watching...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2013, 07:11:10 PM »
I haven't received anything from Topps either. If you log into your account at topps.com you can track shipment.

I didn't log into my account when ordering. I will have to remember to that in the future. Dang!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »
This weekend, I placed on order with Topps during their memorial day sale. I was able to duplicate the same issue I had when I (thought I had) placed my binder pre-order. I logged into Topps.com with my account. Added the items to my "bag" and proceeded to the checkout. At checkout, there were two options. Normal checkout and Paypal checkout. I used the Paypal checkout. This took me to Paypal where you log in. The total is shown, but I noticed there was no shipping fees. I didn't give this a second thought on the binder pre-order since it was supposed to be free shipping. I completed the checkout and received a Paypal notification. There was no order number on the PayPal notice. When I checked the Topps site, the two items I attempted to order were no longer in my bag, but there was no order shown on the Topps site. I waited several hours to see if I received any notifications from Topps. When I logged back into Topps.com, the items were in my bag again.

I then went through the process again this time choosing the normal checkout. When payment type was selected, I choose Paypal. This "path" through the checkout worked fine. After logging into Paypal during checkout, it showed the correct total including shipping this time. After finishing the checkout, I received both Paypal and Topps notifications.

It appears to me there is some disconnect between Topps and Paypal when the Paypal checkout option is selected. I would recommend avoiding it.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2013, 08:48:16 PM »
Scot, still not sure of the issue. The reason I don't log into Topps site is because I hit the pay with Paypal link. Never had an issue and get a Paypal and Topps receipt right away. My problem is I don't get a shipping notice from Topps now.

It's really strange you're having problems with this. You should call Topps.

Offline Kook

« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2013, 05:35:44 AM »
Scot, still not sure of the issue. The reason I don't log into Topps site is because I hit the pay with Paypal link. Never had an issue and get a Paypal and Topps receipt right away. My problem is I don't get a shipping notice from Topps now.

It's really strange you're having problems with this. You should call Topps.

Sounds like it's a path they didn't account for in their shopping cart software i.e. logging in before checking out. When I ordered my binders, I added items to my cart, selected paying by logging into my account & then chose paypal after logging in. It worked fine for me. Looks like the bug lies in checking out if you are already logged in. Good to know.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2013, 06:53:53 AM »
I paid via paypal and nothing shows up in my order history. I am confident that I will get my binders as I have my paypal confirmation of payment to Topps. They should be able to auto-link this back to my account. I may have to work this out when it comes time to get my 17th binder.

Andrew

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2013, 07:18:30 AM »
I paid via paypal and nothing shows up in my order history. I am confident that I will get my binders as I have my paypal confirmation of payment to Topps. They should be able to auto-link this back to my account. I may have to work this out when it comes time to get my 17th binder.

Andrew

I won't get too excited yet about the 17th binder. I need to first see how they handle the next batch first. If we don't receive a special email and link to purchase ahead of a public offering, I'm going to be pissed.

Please spoil us when you guys get your binders. Most of you will get yours before me. Basically, the only difference between every binder is the sketch card and serial number. I can't wait to hear everyone's comments.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2013, 07:27:46 AM »
I wonder if any binders will show up on eBay today?

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2013, 08:00:10 AM »
I checked my two orders and they are both still in the processing status....
Hmmmmmmm.....
Alex

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2013, 08:02:44 AM »

Andrew

Andrew, I would recommend checking both Topps and Paypal accounts. This sounds similar to what happened to me. No order on Topps and the Paypal notice I received had the purchase amount but no order number. Very frustrating to realize I, in fact,  had no order in after they sold out.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »
I checked my two orders and they are both still in the processing status....
Hmmmmmmm.....
Alex

2 other collectors told me they received email shipping notifications and one is expecting their shipment today.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »
Andrew, I would recommend checking both Topps and Paypal accounts. This sounds similar to what happened to me. No order on Topps and the Paypal notice I received had the purchase amount but no order number. Very frustrating to realize I, in fact,  had no order in after they sold out.

After re0reading your posts it does seem I may be in the same boat. I have the Paypal conf email but no order #.

Going into paypal today the transaction is marked as Temporary Hold. So the funds are are not in my account but it looks like Topps has not taken them either. I may be binderless. Topps has an office closed message up the last two times I called today. I would think they have put a few binder sets aside for damages and can reconcile this for me if it is the case. Not optimistic anything is coming my way today.

Andrew

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2013, 09:52:57 AM »
After re0reading your posts it does seem I may be in the same boat. I have the Paypal conf email but no order #.

Going into paypal today the transaction is marked as Temporary Hold. So the funds are are not in my account but it looks like Topps has not taken them either. I may be binderless. Topps has an office closed message up the last two times I called today. I would think they have put a few binder sets aside for damages and can reconcile this for me if it is the case. Not optimistic anything is coming my way today.

Andrew

Oh Man! Both you and Scot are in trouble. Maybe that is why the binders took so long to sell out. I wonder how many other people had issues? That is pretty sad! I can't believe we would have to call Topps every time we place an order just to verify they received it.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2013, 09:58:42 AM »
I just spoke with Topps and they have had some odd issues with sending out tracking info.
He said if anyone has any issues with the store and/or Paypal they should send a message to storehelp@topps.com and they will get back to you right way with order and tracking info.
I told him about the 2 incidents you guys spoke about and he was not aware.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2013, 12:09:43 PM »
I just spoke with Topps and they have had some odd issues with sending out tracking info.
He said if anyone has any issues with the store and/or Paypal they should send a message to storehelp@topps.com and they will get back to you right way with order and tracking info.

So If you have an order # and email confirmation from Topps then you are good?? Paypal still shows 'pending authorization'??

check that - its now shows complete....so i may be good.... :-\ :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:12:28 PM by Hustler08 »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2013, 12:24:39 PM »
So If you have an order # and email confirmation from Topps then you are good?? Paypal still shows 'pending authorization'??

You should get and order confirmation direct from Topps right after you purchase. You will also get a Paypal notification the same time.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2013, 12:26:36 PM »

I would say that if you actually see an order on the Topps site, and the inventory in the order is correct, you should be golden.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »

What what it is worth, I emailed with the details of my experience (thanks for the address, by the way). We will see what kind of response is forthcoming.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2013, 01:08:21 PM »

I just saw my paypal status has also changed to "completed" within the last few hours. This is after I sent an email to Topps explaining the situation. I guess I am good now.

Andrew

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2013, 01:08:51 PM »
You should get and order confirmation direct from Topps right after you purchase. You will also get a Paypal notification the same time.

I did get both thx..

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2013, 06:22:12 AM »
So it looks like 33 binders went to Forum members so where did the other 117 of them go

Offline quas

« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2013, 06:57:09 AM »
So it looks like 33 binders went to Forum members so where did the other 117 of them go
To folks who don't want to pay marked up prices on ebay?
Marc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2013, 08:38:56 AM »
To folks who don't want to pay marked up prices on ebay?

It will be interesting to see how these play out on the bay. I just sold my second set of binders for $130 and puzzles for $150 so that's around $260 when ebay's  and paypal's fees are factored in.
So I broke even and was able to pick from two different sketches for each binder which sketches I kept which was my major goal.

My sense is the that most die hard WP people will have purchased the sets from Topps ;while there is a subset of people who want just binders or puzzles/sketches. I don't think that is a large number of folks. We also need to factor in people who missed the sales on Topps but that again is a pretty small number of people. If you like Wacky's enough to buy this type of item you probably will follow the hobby closely enough to know about these. Sketch collectors are another element here.  Let's see what a puzzle set with a color sketch goes for?

Andrew
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:40:55 AM by DrDeal »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2013, 10:14:22 AM »
Have we seen a color sketch show up yet?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2013, 10:17:44 AM »
Probably a lot more than that. Not everyone sees the point of posting this info.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2013, 10:18:28 AM »
Have we seen a color sketch show up yet?
it's still on the ups truck heading to my house!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »

Way to keep up the positive thoughts!!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »

Lucky!

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2013, 05:46:12 AM »
Alot of the binders and puzzles are showing up on EBAY as we speak....  let the price gouging begin!!  Ah Capitalism at it's finest!!

:97:

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2013, 01:12:09 PM »
Alot of the binders and puzzles are showing up on EBAY as we speak....  let the price gouging begin!!  Ah Capitalism at it's finest!!

:97:

Anyone actually sold any for any kind of profit? Just curious (after fees, etc.)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2013, 02:45:52 PM »
Anyone actually sold any for any kind of profit? Just curious (after fees, etc.)

I think one complete set went for $399.
Another was set up originally as separated between sketches and each binder into 8 lots. I don't know if that actually was sold or withdrawn and reconfigured (as 2 lots) but the opening bid level was pretty high when all the lots were added together.
A

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2013, 05:49:43 PM »

I think I made $5 on my second set. $130 for the 4 binders and $150 for the puzzles. Subtract ebay and paypal fees and there you go. Time will tell if I sold it lower than market. That's what I felt would make them sell rapidly. They went out in Saturday's mail so their new owners will have them by Tues.

Andrew