Author Topic: Choke King Tilt  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Choke King Tilt
« on: April 27, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »
After searching for over 5 years for a NM/MT Choke King, I became curious as to why they all appear tilted. Now I see that the image is tilted on the uncut sheet relative to neighboring stickers (maybe not obvious at a glance, but my measurements say
the space between Neveready and Choke King is noticeably wider at the top than the bottom).

I guess this means it's basically impossible to find one that's not either tilted or diamond cut.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:59:41 PM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: Choke King Tilt
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »
So they all appear either like this:

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »
...or like this. At first it appears not to have image tilt, but if you look carefully you see it is somewhat diamond cut, which compensates for the tilt.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
Actually, I take it back. I guess it's possible for the card to be cut properly, just as it's possible for normal cards to be cut squarely and still have image tilt.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »
Good research, and it would seem most were tilted, but an offcut would correct it
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »
Ill need to see my collection tomorrow because I never noticed it before. You guys are so particular..LOL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 07:20:44 AM »
...or like this. At first it appears not to have image tilt, but if you look carefully you see it is somewhat diamond cut, which compensates for the tilt.

(Image removed from quote.)

It looks like the diamond cut one corrects the image tilt but makes the copyright line tilted with the bottom cut of the card.   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

anything