Author Topic: Original Series 1 - 16 Binder Purchase Intention Thread  (Read 21000 times)

Offline Zenergizer

Re: Original Series 1 - 16 Binder Purchase Intention Thread
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 08:03:08 PM »
I'm sure I'll pick up a complete set or two myself.

I don't think I've ever spent as much as I have on all the ANS10 items available.
They're all nice to have, and nicely done, but it's getting near borderline-crazy-ridiculous.

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 08:04:35 AM »
I figured since these binders will be limited to 150 made and they are for the Original Series cards; it would make sense to try to get a fix on how many will go to forum members. Hopefully most who plan to purchase one or more of these sets will post here and Topps can determine what percent of them will go to forum members. Maybe this could result in a forum only pre-sale which has occurred once or twice in the past.

I plan on buying the set of 1 -16 when they are made available.  I know some here plan on buying two or more sets if they can. Let's get those numbers out there.

Regards,  Andrew

I'm in for a penny.  In for a pound. 

I'll get at least one, maybe two if the price is right and my friend in London wants them or not.  He and I both have a top price in mind that we are willing to get fleeced for and may or may not go higher than that price, unless it is not too much over.  I'm sure I am not alone in sharing the excitement of these binders as well as the uneasiness of not knowing how much it will be, how much advance notice we will have, and whether they will, for certain, be coming out in groups of 4 at a time to take away a bit of the price sting.  But even with all of those doubts, excitement has pretty much taken over and I REALLY REALLY want to be able to get one of these for myself through the initial purchase because I think the people that buy up all of this limited edition stuff just to make a buck off of us, will be doubling or maybe even tripling the prices for them.  Just out of GREED!

Stay Wacky!!!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 01:56:40 PM »
...He and I both have a top price in mind that we are willing to get fleeced for and may or may not go higher than that price, unless it is not too much over.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this way. It's difficult to set a firm upper limit!

Offline Final Step

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 02:30:28 PM »
But even with all of those doubts, excitement has pretty much taken over and I REALLY REALLY want to be able to get one of these for myself through the initial purchase because I think the people that buy up all of this limited edition stuff just to make a buck off of us, will be doubling or maybe even tripling the prices for them.  Just out of GREED!

Stay Wacky!!!

You are so right. I am hopeful to get a set. I just wish we had advance notice as being at work for most of the day, I am never sure when they on sale.
I just saw koduck's post on the other Binder thread. Thanks.
Frank (De-Mented)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:35:30 PM by Final Step »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 04:18:24 PM »
I still plan to buy 2 sets. These will be in very high demand. I don't need 2 sets of binders but I need to see what is all included to determine what to do with the extra set. I may just sell a set of binders to people that don't care about the extras but the extras could be super cool and they may go with each binder so that is a conundrum. Hopefully we will know more tomorrow.
Look at the value of the NSU binders. I don't know much about how they were sold or how many they made but these binders are from Topps and will be even better.

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 06:21:42 AM »
Hello,all you great wacky packages collecters,the binders are now for sale at topps (preorder) just wanted all you to know. Henry.R

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 06:25:23 AM »
Hello,all you great wacky packages collecters,the binders are now for sale at topps (preorder) just wanted all you to know. Henry.R

I went there @ 8 am and still it shows coming soon

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 06:28:53 AM »
refresh page & hit wacky packages,very first item for $260 set of four.

Offline quas

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 06:33:20 AM »
refresh page & hit wacky packages,very first item for $260 set of four.

Still don't see it.  Is it sold out already?

What is the URL?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:37:09 AM by quas »
Marc

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 06:35:04 AM »
not yet

Offline HENRY.R

Offline quas

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 06:44:10 AM »
URL means?

The link to the pre-order site

It does NOT appear to be the following URL:

http://entertainment.topps.com/shop-brands/wacky-packages.html
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:46:49 AM by quas »
Marc

Offline HENRY.R

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 07:02:21 AM »
Goodnite all & goodluck. ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 07:51:49 AM »
I ordered 2 sets. From the image it looks like the sketch card is part of the checklist. It looks like one big card. I'm not sure if the checklist also includes the COA because all I can read is Joe Simko's name on the top left corner. The sketch area is small so it will be fun to see how these artists utilized the space.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 09:10:34 AM »
I am sure to get 2 sets - particularly for series 1-4 as room is needed for Tan Backs, White Backs (1-3), Ludlow(1&2), Cloth(1), OPC(1-4), and UK (1&2) sets ... unless Topps has this in mind and have sized the binders to the series - well at least for US releases.

Are collectors really thinking of keeping their 1-16 collection in these binders?  To me having a series that only requires 4 or 5 binder sleeves in one binder seems to be a waste of space.  I have my entire 1-16 series in one binder.  I would think they would used more as collectors pieces than actual binders to store your collection in.       
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »
I wonder how many people know about this deal if they aren't a forum member or looking at the forum as a guest? I generally don't search Topps daily but some probably do.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:35:18 AM by BumChex »

Offline Kook

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »
I wonder how many people know about this deal if they aren't a forum member or looking at the forum as a guest? I generally don't search Topps daily but some probably do.

Looks like either not that many people are aware of the deal, or the price has turned a lot of people away. They've been for sale all day with a max of 150 (probably/possibly less for the presale), and they are still available on topps' website 6 hours later. Should be interesting to see when (if) this sells out & how the sales go for the 3 subsequent releases after people actually get the initial set in their hands...

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2013, 02:42:14 PM »

260 bucks for 4 binders?  Are you kidding?  Outrageous.  260 for all 16, maybe.  Are people here really willing to spend over 1,000 dollars to get all 1-16?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »
260 bucks for 4 binders?  Are you kidding?  Outrageous.  260 for all 16, maybe.  Are people here really willing to spend over 1,000 dollars to get all 1-16?

What are the NSU binders selling for now? Last I saw it was around $450 for 4 binders.

Offline quas

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2013, 02:45:55 PM »
It's 4 binders plus 4 sketch cards, right?
Marc

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2013, 02:46:44 PM »
I stand corrected $399 for 4 NSU binders. That's $100 a binder compared to $65 plus you get all the extras and not just binders.
eBay auction: # 221205011695

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »
It's 4 binders plus 4 sketch cards, right?

Correct!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
What are the NSU binders selling for now? Last I saw it was around $450 for 4 binders.
Precisely why this kid doesn't have a set.   :great:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
Precisely why this kid doesn't have a set.   :great:

That is why I never bought them either. I also didn't think they were that great with the 1-4 checklist on the back and a blurb about NSU.
Does anyone know how many NSU binders were sold? They have held their value for many years.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2013, 04:13:17 PM »
That is why I never bought them either. I also didn't think they were that great with the 1-4 checklist on the back and a blurb about NSU.
Does anyone know how many NSU binders were sold? They have held their value for many years.

I just sold mine for $409 last weekend. Hopefully I wont regret it when the new ones arrive.

Andrew

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2013, 04:14:14 PM »

The NSU binders were quite reasonably priced when issued:

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2013, 04:30:56 PM »
Are collectors really thinking of keeping their 1-16 collection in these binders?  To me having a series that only requires 4 or 5 binder sleeves in one binder seems to be a waste of space.  I have my entire 1-16 series in one binder.  I would think they would used more as collectors pieces than actual binders to store your collection in.        

I plan to use them. I figure I will also place one of the many misc. and/or reprint sets in each binder as well like the 1985, 1991, tattoos,  " hotel Wackys", prism vending series, Irish series, wonder bread, shedd spreads, etc. I know where you are coming from though... Collection Bookcase shelve space at a premium and these will take a lot of space.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:33:40 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »
The NSU binders were quite reasonably priced when issued:

Wow they sure were!!  I think these came out before I re-entered the hobby in late '99?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2013, 05:16:32 PM »
Wow they sure were!!  I think these came out before I re-entered the hobby in late '99?

The address on the shipping label for my binder set means that were mailed after the fall of 1997.  I bought my one set after seeing the ad in NSU, and used them for a while, until I noticed the pages curling by the rings.  Now I have all 16 in one large Ultra-Pro binder, and my NSU binders are empty.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2013, 05:27:38 PM »
The address on the shipping label for my binder set means that were mailed after the fall of 1997.  I bought my one set after seeing the ad in NSU, and used them for a while, until I noticed the pages curling by the rings.  Now I have all 16 in one large Ultra-Pro binder, and my NSU binders are empty.

They were $50 per binder 15 years ago. WOW! I thought they were probably around $10 back then. I don't think those were reasonably priced for the late 90s. How much would $50 be in today's $$?
From what I understand they were only the binders and no extras, correct?
Why not sell your NSU binders to help pay for the new LE binders and move your 1-16 ultra pro sheets over to these?
I feel that once these are in hands of collectors the NSU binders could drop in value because of the scarcity of the new ones. Plus they will look amazing.

Offline Kook

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
They were $50 per binder 15 years ago. WOW! I thought they were probably around $10 back then. I don't think those were reasonably priced for the late 90s. How much would $50 be in today's $$?
From what I understand they were only the binders and no extras, correct?
Why not sell your NSU binders to help pay for the new LE binders and move your 1-16 ultra pro sheets over to these?
I feel that once these are in hands of collectors the NSU binders could drop in value because of the scarcity of the new ones. Plus they will look amazing.

I thought the ad said $49/set? I find these collectible. Just because new binders come out, I don't think it will devalue these. Does anyone have any idea how many NSU binders were produced?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2013, 06:31:09 PM »
I thought the ad said $49/set? I find these collectible. Just because new binders come out, I don't think it will devalue these. Does anyone have any idea how many NSU binders were produced?

Doh! I'm so used to seeing everything sold individually.
I don't think they were produced by Topps or were they? If not its like a homemade set by a 3rd party. If they were made by Topps then its an official binder. It's like sketches, if they are on Topps stock people collect the, if they are just plain white stock people don't find them as valuable.
It's like when one collector was looking for a certain color sketch when OLDS1 came out. I said why not commission Jay Lynch to do a fantastic color sketch and their comment was there wouldn't be much value in it for future resale.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2013, 07:31:47 PM »
I don't think they were produced by Topps or were they?
Your attention to detail astounds me. How many times has it been said "NSU binders"? Non Sport Update. $50 for this set was pretty reasonable. I wanted to buy a set, but they'd sold out by the time I got back into the hobby.

I'd much rather spend the $400 for the NSUs than even $400 (let alone a grand) for these new ones, sketch or not. Topps is crucking fazy.