Author Topic: NEW OFFICIAL SERIES 1-16 WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS COMING SOON!!!  (Read 166196 times)

Offline Swiski

Re: NEW OFFICIAL SERIES 1-16 WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS COMING SOON!!!
« Reply #595 on: March 10, 2014, 06:49:42 AM »
Koduck - can you please post your artwork here (without logo) for the binders you worked on (series 1-16)? I'm missing a few scans. I think some of them are your artwork. Thanks!

I take this as a no? Oh well. Hopefully all binder covers without the logo will be released as posters or something.

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #596 on: March 13, 2014, 09:27:57 AM »
I take this as a no? Oh well. Hopefully all binder covers without the logo will be released as posters or something.

I HOPE THIS HASN'T BEEN... XXXXX      YA KNOW???............. :] :] :] :] :]DARE i SAY..... :o :o :o :o

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #597 on: March 13, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »
I HOPE THIS HASN'T BEEN... XXXXX      YA KNOW???............. :] :] :] :] :]DARE i SAY..... :o :o :o :o

No young man, You may not-LOL.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #598 on: March 13, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »
I am sensing a "Best Of series 1 - 16" characters as artwork for the 17th Binder.

Offline mcuddy17

« Reply #599 on: March 22, 2014, 12:24:12 PM »
Did anyone else get their 17th binder yet? I hope I'm missing something or else I'll be really let down. I had the binder and 1 sketch card, that's it.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:38:38 AM by mcuddy17 »

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #600 on: March 22, 2014, 12:30:10 PM »
Did anyone else get their 17th binder yet? I hope I'm missing something or else I'll be really let down. I had the binder and 1 sketch card, that's it.
(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
send a picture of the binder

Offline quas

« Reply #601 on: March 22, 2014, 03:20:55 PM »

I did not.
Marc

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #602 on: March 22, 2014, 04:47:03 PM »

Got mine.  Not too thrilled with it.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #603 on: March 22, 2014, 05:02:12 PM »

Didn't get them, but I enjoy re posting someone else's gigantic images over and over and over  >(

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #604 on: March 22, 2014, 05:16:04 PM »
Got my binder and sketch card today. I wonder if they will do stickers to go with the new Binder? It will be interesting to see the sketch cards as they show up. Nice to get a tobacco card.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:42:27 AM by DrDeal »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #605 on: March 22, 2014, 08:58:11 PM »
Didn't get them, but I enjoy re posting someone else's gigantic images over and over and over  >(

LOL, I really thought my mouse scroll wheel was broken!

I also like the avatar Patrick.       Fanatical's been 'fractored!

Did someone post a pic of the Series 17 binder, or did I miss it?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2014, 12:20:16 AM »
LOL Patrick! You crack me up!  ;D  I needed that.
I think I like blurry pictures just as much as you like re posting gigantic pictures...
(just teasing you Andrew) :)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #607 on: March 23, 2014, 03:05:41 AM »

The picture is blurry due my hands shaking from the pure awesomeness of pulling a tobacco related lost OS 17th Sketch Card.   :P

Offline mcuddy17

« Reply #608 on: March 23, 2014, 07:41:02 AM »
Sorry about that image size! First time posting with tapatalk.

• Administrator
« Reply #609 on: March 23, 2014, 07:57:31 AM »
Sorry about that image size! First time posting with tapatalk.
no problem, I really didn't mind the images in your post. it was nice seeing them large and in charge
 it was the multiple later 'quoting' of these images.
there needs to be an easy 'reply' feature that doesn't include images
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:34:04 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #610 on: March 23, 2014, 11:07:26 AM »
Welds any notices from Topps sent out before you got your binders? Alex

• Administrator
« Reply #611 on: March 23, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
Welds any notices from Topps sent out before you got your binders? Alex
From the dead silence leading up to Saturday, the answer is sadly "no"
At something called the Industry Summit last week, Topps addressed the apparently poor communications surrounding late, and extremely late, baseball redemptions.
Communication seems to be an across the board issue

http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/03/2014-industry-summit-topps-discusses-changes-to-redemption-system/

Offline Swiski

« Reply #612 on: March 23, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »
Does anyone have a nice scan of the 17th series binder artwork painting that they can please post? Also...still looking for a scan of the 16th series binder artwork.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #613 on: March 25, 2014, 02:58:11 AM »
So knowing what we  know now regarding the OS 17th Binders and Sketch cards; what are some thoughts about this "promotion"?

I went into it hoping the binders would be re-saleable so that I could buy two of each in order to be able to pick from two sketches.

I did that for release A and B and was able to sell one set of binders/ puzzles for about what I paid.  I was pretty happy with the

sketches I kept for 1 - 8. For release C and D I only purchased one set as the resale potential fell apart and I would not have been able to get

half my outlay back. It would have ended up costing me around $400 for the four binders if I purchased two sets so I could pick the better sketch.

Consequently I have a few sketches in Binders 9 - 16 that I would prefer to upgrade;  so I watch Ebay for puzzles being resold to try to do that but

all in all I am pretty happy with my sketch pulls. I got a Jail-o for OS1.  The binder Art is very nice and its fun to peruse the binders from time to

time. The blank spine issue is puzzling but I can live with it. The rest of the puzzle cards are cool as they are a unique WP set so I am happy to

own them.

Now we have the OS 17th Binder and Sketch Cards to go with it. Knowing the binder is pretty much a tribute to Bhob is a point that makes its

quite special to me.  We speculated long ago that a lost 17th Binder might have some cards produced to go along with it. Now that seems to be a

possibility in the future. The sketches are the first I have received from Topps in a high end Card Sleeve. To me that says Topps feels these cards

are quite special or they would not have invested in those sleeves for them. I was just able to place 65 Release D binders in my cart at the Topps

store ;so we know by that that no more than 85 of release D have been purchased. I would say a fair guess as to the number of people that

purchased all four releases is 75. That makes the Binder 17  and Sketches limited to 75.  I think the reverse of the sketch card is very cool with

Graphics reminiscent of an OS Pack.

So knowing what I know now, I WOULD buy into this program again if all of this was known from the start. I wonder if some of those who sat

out this release for various reasons would have participated had they known what the 17th Binders/ Sketches would be like and the Bhob

connection?  I sold quite a few items in my collection to raise the funds to buy these binders and I would do it again. I think Topps tried to

create something special to reward us for supporting this release which looks to be a labor of love instead of a profit motivated action.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:14:52 AM by DrDeal »

Offline Soremel

« Reply #614 on: March 31, 2014, 10:31:56 AM »
I received my 13-16 WP binders this past Friday. Upon my initial inspection, I noticed that the 16th Series Binder puzzle had a duplicate card in it. The bottom-middle card was duplicated and the extra one is in the middle-right position.

My first reaction was to contact Topps' Customer Service, but then I decided to post here in the event that one of the forum members may have received a duplicate middle-right card (and be needing a bottom-middle card)

I remember someone else having a similar issue and was curious as to whether or not it was resolved via the forum members, or by contacting Topps.

Any help/info is greatly appreciated

George

Just a quick update... Topps came through for me regarding the duplicated 16th Series Binder puzzle piece! I received my replacement puzzle this past Friday! Thank you Brian, at Topps, for all of your help!  :great:

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #615 on: March 31, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »
                                                                        ^^^^^^^ This book available in hardcover ??   ^^^^^^^

"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

• Administrator
« Reply #616 on: June 07, 2014, 05:52:57 AM »
Koduck - can you please post your artwork here (without logo) for the binders you worked on (series 1-16)? I'm missing a few scans. I think some of them are your artwork. Thanks!
looks like 10 of the binder artworks are now up for sale on ebay.
3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16

http://tinyurl.com/p5ftuy9

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #617 on: August 31, 2014, 08:29:16 PM »
CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Does anyone on here have just the binders available from 9-12 and 13-16, I'm looking between $50-$100 which would include s/h. Please PM me if you can help out.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #618 on: March 25, 2022, 04:05:45 AM »
Dusting off a very old thread here!

Anyone know where I can find a high-res gallery of the artwork for all of the OS 1-17 binder covers?

I never bought these back in the day, but the artwork was fantastic! These really need to be collected somewhere.

I found one piece, and it's the original artwork too!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #620 on: March 25, 2022, 04:17:05 AM »
Here is another:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312423552670?hash=item48bde5169e:g:ij8AAOSwd4tUGAWE

Thanks...I did see this image in my Google search, but the quality is not the greatest.

I thought maybe there was a spreadsheet thread for these with nice images of the binders and puzzle cards.

anything