Author Topic: NEW OFFICIAL SERIES 1-16 WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS COMING SOON!!!  (Read 166154 times)

Offline Swiski

Re: NEW OFFICIAL SERIES 1-16 WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS COMING SOON!!!
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »
I canceled my order within a few hours of ordering yesterday and I still did NOT get email confirmation that my order was canceled. Yet...my credit card was charged! >(

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2013, 08:03:47 PM »
I canceled my order within a few hours of ordering yesterday and I still did NOT get email confirmation that my order was canceled. Yet...my credit card was charged! >(

Why did you cancel? Topps email notification system has been on the blink for several weeks now. I ordered some stuff 2 weekends ago and didn't receive a shipping notification and then last Friday my stuff showed up.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2013, 08:36:15 PM »
3.  How does numbering work?
[in my best Leslie Nielsen] 1,2,3...but that's not important now.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2013, 02:12:22 AM »
[in my best Leslie Nielsen] 1,2,3...but that's not important now.

:] :]

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2013, 05:30:28 AM »
The "COA" shows a handwritten limited edition set number, but there are other numbers shown on 3 other cards.....  Maybe a full set of binders gets a set of those numbers? 
that's my guess. those are the 3 'wacky ads', and they are not consecutively numbered for some reason. So instead of series 1 having 1, 2, 3, it has 3, 18, 35

Offline Swiski

« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2013, 05:54:25 AM »
Why did you cancel? Topps email notification system has been on the blink for several weeks now. I ordered some stuff 2 weekends ago and didn't receive a shipping notification and then last Friday my stuff showed up.

As cool and limited these binders are, I just can't afford to buy a complete series of binders. I collect a lot of other things - Star Wars toys, Blu-Rays, Batmobiles, Star Trek ships, as well as other trading card sets. Have to sacrifice something. Hard to be a completist these days.

Offline wacked

• My home page
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2013, 06:05:13 AM »
Perhaps the reason these haven't sold out is that according to the sales info you are to get:

9 card puzzle
COA
Sketch card
Bio card
3 Wacky-ad cards (I would interpret this as postcard sized die-cut cards like the Wacky Ads)

Total of 15 additional items.

Add a quality binder and the limited qty and it sounds like a good deal.

Then we find out all of the additional items are just printed on the back of the puzzle including the sketch card - LAME!!!
Unfortunately, I fell for their marketing and bought 2 sets. Now I'm having buyers remorse.

Offline wacked

• My home page
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2013, 06:27:09 AM »
Anybody know how to cancel your order? I tried calling and their message box is full (obviously everyone else is cancelling their orders as well).

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2013, 07:32:45 AM »
I don't have a problem with the Puzzles having the other items on their backs.

No canceling here.

Andrew

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2013, 07:51:32 AM »
I think it is a strange that this binder set is targeted at such a small limited audience (hard-core collectors) and that Topps made such a drastic change – to put the sketch, bio card, etc, on the back of the puzzle. Personally, I prefer the white background, and believe most collectors, if given the choice, would choose the normal format over the cardboard. The art just doesn't pop against the cardboard. Don't mean to be a Negative Nancy...         

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »
I don't have a problem with the Puzzles having the other items on their backs.

No canceling here.

Andrew

I would have preferred that the puzzle was separate from the misc. bonus cards, but I still want the set so I won't cancel my order. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2013, 10:10:12 AM »
I would have preferred that the puzzle was separate from the misc. bonus cards, but I still want the set so I won't cancel my order. 

I would also prefer to have the bonus cards/sketch separate from the puzzle to not feel guilty about breaking up the puzzle. It's not like there will be an extra 5,000 puzzles floating around as in olds or 10s of thousands as in os. It will be interesting to see how these are sliced and diced when they come out. Apparently there is enough product out there, even at these low quantities, since we are over 48 hours into the sale and they are still available.

I wonder if they will lift the quantity restriction since everyone has had fair warning.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2013, 02:39:28 PM »
I would also prefer to have the bonus cards/sketch separate from the puzzle to not feel guilty about breaking up the puzzle. It's not like there will be an extra 5,000 puzzles floating around as in olds or 10s of thousands as in os. It will be interesting to see how these are sliced and diced when they come out. Apparently there is enough product out there, even at these low quantities, since we are over 48 hours into the sale and they are still available.

I wonder if they will lift the quantity restriction since everyone has had fair warning.

The picture in the ad has the puzzle back looking like it is an uncut panel of 9 cards, so there might not even be a choice about breaking up the puzzles. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2013, 03:05:57 PM »
The picture in the ad has the puzzle back looking like it is an uncut panel of 9 cards, so there might not even be a choice about breaking up the puzzles. 
Neil said they were single cards.

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »
that's a rare 'uncut' sheet.  ;)

I guess I'm kind of torn. on one hand it would be cool to have an uncut puzzle sheet. on the other, having the puzzle cut up is just like originals and OLDS - get to put them in a 9 card sheet and all that jazz.

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2013, 03:14:06 PM »
I think it is a strange that this binder set is targeted at such a small limited audience (hard-core collectors) and that Topps made such a drastic change – to put the sketch, bio card, etc, on the back of the puzzle. Personally, I prefer the white background, and believe most collectors, if given the choice, would choose the normal format over the cardboard. The art just doesn't pop against the cardboard. Don't mean to be a Negative Nancy...         
if you look at the pic that was posted, the sketch is done on a white area, not on a dull grey like the rest of the sheet. looks like it'll be close to the normal format and the art will pop like usual.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »
Very surprised the week is ending and these are still available. I guess I won't be skipping a mortgage payment with the proceeds from my second set.  :)
I will probably sell one set of just binders and sell the 9 card insert sets so those who just want inserts can get them without dropping $260. One reason I am psyched to get two sets is I can choose my four keeper sketches from the two sets.  I hope these arrive before the next pre-order so I can evaluate if I want to purchase two sets again next time around.

Andrew
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:30:58 PM by DrDeal »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2013, 03:38:50 PM »
Very surprised the week is ending and these are still available. I guess I won't be skipping a mortgage payment with the proceeds from my second set.  :)
I will probably sell one set of just binders and sell the 9 card insert sets so those who just want inserts can get them without dropping $260. One reason I am psyched to get two sets is I can choose my four keeper sketches from the two sets.  I hope these arrive before the next pre-order so I can evaluate if I want to purchase two sets again next time around.

Andrew

I wonder if there is a number on the actual binder that matches the COA?  I also wonder if all 4 volumes we receive will all be the same number? You probably couldn't separate them if that is the case?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »
that's a rare 'uncut' sheet.  ;)

I guess I'm kind of torn. on one hand it would be cool to have an uncut puzzle sheet. on the other, having the puzzle cut up is just like originals and OLDS - get to put them in a 9 card sheet and all that jazz.

Uncut panels can be cool!  I have a beautiful Star Wars Galaxy panel of 6 foils.  A couple of others, too.

If the puzzles with the binders are individual pieces, people might be able to trade sketches without wrecking their puzzles.  Otherwise, they might want to keep their numbered "COAs" together.  Who knows?  And, we still don't know what's on a single puzzle front.

Offline Kook

« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2013, 07:37:11 PM »
I will probably sell one set of just binders and sell the 9 card insert sets so those who just want inserts can get them without dropping $260. One reason I am psyched to get two sets is I can choose my four keeper sketches from the two sets.  I hope these arrive before the next pre-order so I can evaluate if I want to purchase two sets again next time around.

Andrew

My guess is that the puzzles will be different for each binder. With that being said, the sketches should be interchangeable between puzzles so that will give you a pick of 2 sketches per binder if you don't plan on breaking up any puzzles.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2013, 08:01:31 PM »
I hear ya, but as nifty as a product that this might be, there is no way I could justify spending that much money on binders when I have 4 fully-functional D-ring binders that house my 1-16 quite nicely (cards, puzzles, printouts of various articles, posts, and pictures saved over the years of the forum, special keepsakes, etc etc etc).  Topps has gone off the deep end moreso than the NRA, imho.   Even if I had a grand to toss around like it was a dollar, I don't think I'd buy them on principle--that's just an insanely ridiculous price.  Shame on Topps.

I agree with you. I'm disappointed that Topps is charging so much for these. The binders look very cool, but between the space they take up, the price, and the inconvenience of not having a separate sketch card- definitely not worth the price.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2013, 08:48:06 PM »
I agree with you. I'm disappointed that Topps is charging so much for these. The binders look very cool, but between the space they take up, the price, and the inconvenience of not having a separate sketch card- definitely not worth the price.

Aren't these only 1" binders? That would only take up less than 2' of shelf space? There is a lot of speculation. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith that a product will be really cool. I haven't been disappointed with any of Topps offerings except, maybe, the ANS posters. They weren't limited but I think it was a fail for Topps.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2013, 09:32:40 PM »
Aren't these only 1" binders? That would only take up less than 2' of shelf space? There is a lot of speculation. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith that a product will be really cool. I haven't been disappointed with any of Topps offerings except, maybe, the ANS posters. They weren't limited but I think it was a fail for Topps.
I'm with you Brad, take a leap of faith, I suggested here on the Forum , a while back, Topps put out a binder for the Original Wacky's & here they are. If they are not up to the standard you all think they should be then sell them. If they are outstanding & you don't get them you will be wondering about what you missed out on. Over priced? Yes, but so what, for me I said the heck with it & ordered 2sets, can I afford it, not really but I'm not missing out. So there's my 2 cents. I don't comment to often but I am always checking in.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #198 on: May 11, 2013, 09:39:48 AM »

Even if they stack up to @ 16" total that's still a lot of space compared to the 2.5" binder I have my 1-15 series in. 

With me though it has more to do with the logistics of how you would want to view or show your collection to someone else.  Would you rather they all be in one large binder where you can flip through one series at a time, or would you rather have to keep putting one binder down and grab the next one with each series?  To me that's a no brainer.  If I displayed all of my collection on a series to series basis I would need a lot more space for it.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2013, 06:34:47 PM »
It looks like Topps may have lifted the quantity limit per household/credit card (probably because these things aren't moving as fast as they thought they would) . That said, it looks like there may only be #23 remaining before they finally sell out.  That was the cutoff number it let me put in my cart before I got a message stating the quantity limit was exceeded.  I imagine these will be sold out in the very near future.  If you're still on the fence, this might be your last chance (outside of eBay).

Offline Kook

« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2013, 07:13:10 PM »
It looks like Topps may have lifted the quantity limit per household/credit card (probably because these things aren't moving as fast as they thought they would) . That said, it looks like there may only be #23 remaining before they finally sell out.  That was the cutoff number it let me put in my cart before I got a message stating the quantity limit was exceeded.  I imagine these will be sold out in the very near future.  If you're still on the fence, this might be your last chance (outside of eBay).

I tried & got the same 23 available. I wonder if they put all 150 up for presale and 23 are all that's left, or if the 23 left are just for a presale allotment and more will be available for sale after they are released.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2013, 07:50:12 PM »
Thanks for the info. I just ordered 2 more binder sets. I still think these will be really nice and a lot of people will miss out. I know I should order more and I may if they are still available by Friday. I guess I look at it as no different than buying 16 boxes of OLDS4 with my 4 binder orders. I obviously don't need that many binders but I'm hoping for resale value in the future. I'm sure ill be kicking myself for not ordering more now but if I can recoup my costs it will be well worth it. It's a total crap shoot.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2013, 07:53:25 PM »
I tried & got the same 23 available. I wonder if they put all 150 up for presale and 23 are all that's left, or if the 23 left are just for a presale allotment and more will be available for sale after they are released.

I think that is it. Now down to 21 and done for binders. Plus you will be in the binder club to get the others. Some people will not have the funds when the next volumes are sold so Topps may have a few extras. I still contend that people will be going crazy to buy the next volumes once they see the first 4. eBay will be the only avenue.

Offline Kook

« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2013, 05:18:49 AM »
I think that is it. Now down to 21 and done for binders. Plus you will be in the binder club to get the others. Some people will not have the funds when the next volumes are sold so Topps may have a few extras. I still contend that people will be going crazy to buy the next volumes once they see the first 4. eBay will be the only avenue.

Down to 19 left now

Offline Kook

« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2013, 05:25:08 AM »

I guess one side benefit of buying a bunch of binders is that you will have your pick of that many sketch cards. They should be interchangeable among puzzles, so you can pick the nicest, rearrange & sell off the others. I really hope the sketches are nice considering the lower quantity release & higher price. If they are good, that will certainly help support the price they are charging.

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2013, 05:56:29 AM »
They should be interchangeable among puzzles, so you can pick the nicest, rearrange & sell off the others.
I don't see why any re-arranging is needed? just sell the whole puzzle of the one you don't want and keep the puzzles that you do.

interchanging between collectors can be a benefit, as you'd only exchange single sketch cards instead of all 9 cards.

that is, unless topps has gone so far as to re-create the imprecise cutting of the original series, where no two puzzle cards seemed to be cut exactly the same.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2013, 07:15:33 AM »
I guess one side benefit of buying a bunch of binders is that you will have your pick of that many sketch cards. They should be interchangeable among puzzles, so you can pick the nicest, rearrange & sell off the others. I really hope the sketches are nice considering the lower quantity release & higher price. If they are good, that will certainly help support the price they are charging.

The sketches should be all high quality. I believe the artists are Camera, Wheaton, Gross, Engstrom, Simko, Kirscht, & Smokin' Joe. Remember each artist only had to do 150 sketches for their binder.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »
Has anyone actually been told we will get an email with a purchase link? I was told they would send an email to those who purchased letting them know what date and time the next batch goes up for sale. No link was promised, just a heads up. I think their records will only come into play when the last of the binders are sold and they will ship you series 17 binders at no cost (1 for every set you purchased)

Andrew

Offline Kook

« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »
9 binder sets left on topps website.

Offline wacked

• My home page
« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »
I'd add two more sets as I have been trying to cancel my order for the past week. Sent email, called numerous times and nobody is ever around. No matter what time of day you call the message says they are closed. I guess they charged everyones credit card and left the country.