Author Topic: NEW OFFICIAL SERIES 1-16 WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS COMING SOON!!!  (Read 166118 times)

Offline bigtomi

Re: NEW OFFICIAL SERIES 1-16 WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS COMING SOON!!!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2013, 06:01:34 PM »
NO PUFFY BINDERS!
[said in your best Joan Crawford voice]  LOL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 06:03:09 PM »
[said in your best Joan Crawford voice]  LOL

I'd rather get hit from a puffy binder than a wire hanger...HaHa

Offline PG Lips

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 08:15:55 AM »
Might Topps be selling binders 1-4 as a set to introduce us to the idea of a binder of the month club for binders 5-16 where you only get the bonus lost binder if you subscribe ? 

If done correctly this could spread the cost out for a complete set over whatever time period Topps picks, hopefully one more favourable to collectors.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
Please give us details about the "Lost 17th".

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 07:23:55 PM »

We still don't have any details for the 1-4 initial binders. Be patient, I'm sure we will know more soon.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 07:53:37 PM »
I would say - drop any and all expectations of there being any 'lost' Saunders art. Topps will probably just cobble together the unused pieces we've seen in the Flashbacks and elsewhere. and it'll probably be mostly the unused '91 stuff or the non-reprint die-cuts.

if nothing else, it'll be a nice binder to put the two unofficial "lost wacky" sets into.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2013, 03:14:58 AM »
I would say - drop any and all expectations of there being any 'lost' Saunders art. Topps will probably just cobble together the unused pieces we've seen in the Flashbacks and elsewhere. and it'll probably be mostly the unused '91 stuff or the non-reprint die-cuts.

if nothing else, it'll be a nice binder to put the two unofficial "lost wacky" sets into.

I doubt they would throw lost 91 stickers in a lost 17th set. They would need to be from the late 70's time period.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2013, 04:03:01 AM »

Yes, it would be nice for the Lost Wacky sets.  I have one that was made for those, and it's really well done, but the Ovary Show on it kind of wrecks it for me.

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2013, 05:31:28 AM »
I doubt they would throw lost 91 stickers in a lost 17th set. They would need to be from the late 70's time period.

Andrew
both Flashback sets pushed the 60's/70's vibe and the original sets, and yet both had 85 and 91, so I don't see why this should be any different.
basically though, there is absolutely no way there are a couple dozen unknown, unseen 70's pieces, let alone Saunders, still lying around at topps at this point.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 07:15:42 AM »
both Flashback sets pushed the 60's/70's vibe and the original sets, and yet both had 85 and 91, so I don't see why this should be any different.
basically though, there is absolutely no way there are a couple dozen unknown, unseen 70's pieces, let alone Saunders, still lying around at topps at this point.

Have to agree on this assessment. As hungry as everyone was for ANY new Wacky items in the '80s and '90s, it's hard to imagine any stone has been left unturned. As evidenced by the ANS10 three LOST WACKYS which where titles we have seen before in one form or another. Perhaps a 33 title set can be made of recent ANS, Old School, and Postcard submitted titles that were not initially used, though, those would be more "rejected" rather than "lost" titles.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »
We still don't have any details for the 1-4 initial binders. Be patient, I'm sure we will know more soon.
I don't care about the binders. More interested in the 17th set.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 12:42:53 PM »
I don't care about the binders. More interested in the 17th set.

I mean the cards that come with each series binder. With all this guessing Topps might just send us a binder for series 17 and no cards? :o

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2013, 01:13:39 PM »
I mean the cards that come with each series binder. With all this guessing Topps might just send us a binder for series 17 and no cards? :o
I think that is a good possibility. Maybe Neil (or someone) created some characters for the binder collage, or maybe culled images from non-1-16 sources, like the Irish set and the can labels. But just a binder, no lost 17th series set in any form.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »
There is a binder special/promotion going on at Topps right now -
But it doesn't include the ANS10 or the new Wacky series 1-17 binders unfortunately.
Alex

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2013, 03:05:25 PM »
Where does it say that the binders are signed?  I see that they LE binders are limited to only 150 sets.  Neil, can you confirm that they will be available in larger quantities without the special inserts (presumably at a lower price)?  It would be a real shame if they went to all this trouble making custom binder sets and only 150 people got them...

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2013, 03:12:23 PM »
Where does it say that the binders are signed?  I see that they LE binders are limited to only 150 sets.  Neil, can you confirm that they will be available in larger quantities without the special inserts (presumably at a lower price)?  It would be a real shame if they went to all this trouble making custom binder sets and only 150 people got them...

I'm only aware of the initial release which is indeed just 150 binder sets. Whether or not, they produce a non-limited edition set remains to be seen.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2013, 03:14:24 PM »
I think that is a good possibility. Maybe Neil (or someone) created some characters for the binder collage, or maybe culled images from non-1-16 sources, like the Irish set and the can labels. But just a binder, no lost 17th series set in any form.

I don't believe any Irish, can labels, '82 or '95 titles will appear in the 17th series binder.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2013, 04:36:19 PM »
I don't believe any Irish, can labels, '82 or '95 titles will appear in the 17th series binder.

Ah, not "in", but perhaps "on"?  :D

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2013, 04:41:20 PM »
With all this guessing Topps might just send us a binder for series 17 and no cards? :o
LOL! A truly "Lost" set. "Here's a binder. We lost the series, so it's empty".

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2013, 04:42:51 PM »
LOL! A truly "Lost" set. "Here's a binder. We lost the series, so it's empty".

Too funny!!

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2013, 11:40:44 AM »
I'm only aware of the initial release which is indeed just 150 binder sets. Whether or not, they produce a non-limited edition set remains to be seen.

Thanks for the info; I guess I don't get why Topps is only making 150 sets with no "regular" editions without sketches to follow.  Seems like they could easily sell 300 to 500 LE sets, which would make Topps more money and make more collectors happy.  As it is, I'm envisioning another scramble like the first round of postcards where a fourth of the people on the forum miss out and get really pissed because they have to pay outrageous prices on ebay to get them.  Added to that is the staggered release, which means you might get in on the first set and miss one or more of the later ones.  I'm just not seeing the logic in this...

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2013, 12:13:11 PM »
Ah, not "in", but perhaps "on"?  :D

;)

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2013, 03:47:21 PM »
dang. I totally missed the '82 and '95 sets. anyone got extras?  ;)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »
Thanks for the info; I guess I don't get why Topps is only making 150 sets with no "regular" editions without sketches to follow.  Seems like they could easily sell 300 to 500 LE sts, which would make Topps more money and make more collectors happy.  As it is, I'm envisioning another scramble like the first round of postcards where a fourth of the people on the forum miss out and get really pissed because they have to pay outrageous prices on ebay to get them.  Added to that is the staggered release, which means you might get in on the first set and miss one or more of the later ones.  I'm just not seeing the logic in this...
The less affordable these things become, the less scrambling you have to worry about.
Blowout Cards still has Ans10 collectors boxes for sale on their site...

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2013, 06:18:37 AM »
dang. I totally missed the '82 and '95 sets. anyone got extras?  ;)

Correction. There will definitely be no '95 titles in the "Lost 17 Series Binder" (and probably no '85 stickers, either)...

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
Correction. There will definitely be no '95 titles in the "Lost 17 Series Binder" (and probably no '85 stickers, either)...

It would be pretty cool if the extra 17th Series Binder also came with the stickers for that series.

Andrew

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2013, 04:17:45 PM »
Was hoping for some news on the binder extravaganza today. Oh well. Prob next week.

Andrew

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2013, 05:47:23 PM »
Was hoping for some news on the binder extravaganza today. Oh well. Prob next week.

Andrew

soon....

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2013, 08:26:19 AM »
Neil, any news about pricing.  Also, are they going to be released 4 at a time and if you are one of the people to get the original 1-4, are you going to be guaranteed to get the others or is it always going to be first come first serve.  Also, I think Topps should limit it to 1 set per person.  I'm in if the price is right and I am guaranteed to be able to get the whole set.  However, I would be MORE interested in a regular non-limited edition set without the sketches so that I would DEFINITELY be able to afford as well as obtain all of them. I have already sold back some of my vacation to my employer that I will get a check on in about 3 weeks to come up with some extra cash. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:28:18 AM by eman »

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2013, 12:30:36 PM »
Neil, any news about pricing.  Also, are they going to be released 4 at a time and if you are one of the people to get the original 1-4, are you going to be guaranteed to get the others or is it always going to be first come first serve.  Also, I think Topps should limit it to 1 set per person.  I'm in if the price is right and I am guaranteed to be able to get the whole set.  However, I would be MORE interested in a regular non-limited edition set without the sketches so that I would DEFINITELY be able to afford as well as obtain all of them. I have already sold back some of my vacation to my employer that I will get a check on in about 3 weeks to come up with some extra cash. 

I agree - should be 1 set per address/account/whatever - 150 sets and the full 16+ are likely to be kinda high $$$ including sketch cards - the uncertainty here is kinda crazy!  :o

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2013, 07:11:27 PM »
I'm sure its planned for Mother's Day!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2013, 06:39:26 AM »

No confirmation on pricing, but I'll post an update if/when I get any additional information. I can confirm that they'll be releasing the sets in four groups for a total of 16 binders (four groups of four binders). And of course, the "Lost 17 Series" binder will be released to customers who purchase all 16 binders. Also, there's been mention of limits on the number of binders per person/household but I don't know what that number is yet. Stay tuned...

Offline Kook

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2013, 09:14:22 AM »
No confirmation on pricing, but I'll post an update if/when I get any additional information. I can confirm that they'll be releasing the sets in four groups for a total of 16 binders (four groups of four binders). And of course, the "Lost 17 Series" binder will be released to customers who purchase all 16 binders. Also, there's been mention of limits on the number of binders per person/household but I don't know what that number is yet. Stay tuned...

Has there been any subscription talk, so if you get in on the first set of 4, you're guaranteed the ability to finish the set & won't get stuck with an incomplete set if the release time is a problem?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »

I know this has been said before, but my speculative WAG of the day is that since a LE set of postcards w/sketch is now in the $50-60 range, it seems like each binder w/sketch and all the extras will at least be at that price point – like Brad said, around the price of a box of stickers w/sketch. It seems to me, keeping with this pricing trend, a set of four binders will be $200 - $300

To continue second guessing this whole thing for a moment... Including one sketch for each set of four binders would result in a more reasonable price, maybe $80 - $100. I’d likely be kicked out of the Topps Marketing and Revenue Pipeline Committee for bringing up that idea.

:D

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2013, 09:27:01 AM »
Price and the ASSURANCE that if I buy the first four that I will be able to get the other 13 is probably the only way I am in. As others have said, i don't want to have to resort to ebay if for some reason I miss out on a series. I would still rarher just have a NON-LOMITED EDITION as I don't really want to pay for the sketches.

anything