Author Topic: NEW OFFICIAL SERIES 1-16 WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS COMING SOON!!!  (Read 166123 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: NEW OFFICIAL SERIES 1-16 WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS COMING SOON!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:39:36 AM »
Wow! that is cool!. When will these be available? Why only 1-4 available for pre-order?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 12:28:52 PM »
Topps has a different ad for the binders on their site.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 12:30:50 PM »
If only series 1-4 binders are available through pre-order, how can we take advantage of the “Lost 17th binder", which is offered for free when you purchase series 1–16?

I think it’s Bigmuc who is still on the lookout for Series 17….

It looks like you get a sketch with every binder, so if you get all 16 binders you get 16 sketches? It will be interesting how much $ these will cost 

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »
If only series 1-4 binders are available through pre-order, how can we take advantage of the “Lost 17th binder", which is offered for free when you purchase series 1–16?

I think it’s Bigmuc who is still on the lookout for Series 17….

It looks like you get a sketch with every binder, so if you get all 16 binders you get 16 sketches? It will be interesting how much $ these will cost  

My brain also jumped to that immediate train of thought.  If they are limited, people will want to buy than as soon as possible before they run out. If only 4 are available at first...   Seems like a loophole so they never have to produce that LOST 17th Binder.

Perhaps, they will be made available for pre-order, 4 at a time, before any are actually ready to ship. So if you preorder all 16, then you get the extra binder. Boy, if these are even $18 apiece, that there is a pretty penny.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:47:29 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »
My brain also jumped to that immediate train of thought.  If they are limited, people will want to buy than as soon as possible before they run out. If only 4 are available at first...   Seems like a loophole so they never have to produce that LOST 17th Binder.

Perhaps, they will be made available for pre-order, 4 at a time, before any are actually ready to ship. So if you preorder all 16, then you get the extra binder. Boy, if these are even $18 apiece, that there is a pretty penny.

It's going to be expensive to get the whole series. I wonder what the cost will be also. I would imagine they would run about $60+ each just like a box of cards.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 01:16:32 PM »
Looks cool. Free Sketch means at least $49.99 for a binder IMO. OK, I am in. Now I need to come up with $800. Glad they are doing them 4 at a time. I could not handle that outlay all at once.

What do they mean by the last line "Hilarious assortment or wacky ad-style collectible cards and more"?

Andrew

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »

What do they mean by the last line "Hilarious assortment or wacky ad-style collectible cards and more"?

That is a mystery. I can only assume there are other card(s) with the binder. Those binders are going to take up a lot of space!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 01:53:10 PM »
I hope they make the spines form a billboard the way the Toser's binder do.

Andrew

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 02:57:33 PM »
I wonder if there will be a limit on the amount you can buy?

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 03:08:40 PM »
Gotta say these seem pretty cool. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »
I wonder if there will be a limit on the amount you can buy?

They better limit it to 1 or 2 per person or there will be some unhappy WP people out there.

Also,  put them up for pre-order late at night with a decent amount of lead time so we don't get shut out. When hot items go on sale during business hours those of us at work w/o internet / smart phone access get skunked.

Andrew

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »

That's correct. 16 sketches (one from each binder).

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
They better limit it to 1 or 2 per person or there will be some unhappy WP people out there.

Andrew

I've heard they will have limits in place.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 03:53:57 PM »
That is a mystery. I can only assume there are other card(s) with the binder. Those binders are going to take up a lot of space!
would be nice if these were small D--ring binders. maybe 1/2"

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »
CHECK THIS OUT!!!

I suggested that Topps do this approx a year ago, maybe some higher up read my post back then .

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 06:21:40 PM »
They need to offer the binders:  individually or  buy the first 4 and sign up to purchase 5 -8, 9 -12 and 13 -16 in one month intervals to spread out payments. This type of subscription will let those of us who want them all to lock them in. I would hate to get 1 -12 and miss out on 13 -16.  They can paypal invoice us for the future releases.

Andrew

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »

YEP

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 06:58:11 PM »

And NOT the "puffy" type.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 07:02:21 PM »
Free Sketch means at least $49.99 for a binder IMO. Now I need to come up with $800.
As with ANS10, Topps can slip these where the Wackys don't shine. Regardless of price (unless they're like $5-10 each, LOL), they will be too much money. I'd rather spend this kind of money on the 4 Roxanne made. I think it's ridiculous to have one per series; and why the f@#$k do they need a sketch to go with them? These are for original series, which had nothing to do with sketch cards. Why can't they just make/sell a binder and leave it at that? Oh, I know why: 'cause nobody would buy it. Corporate America at work....

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 07:07:04 PM »
As with ANS10, Topps can slip these where the Wackys don't shine. Regardless of price (unless they're like $5-10 each, LOL), they will be too much money. I'd rather spend this kind of money on the 4 Roxanne made. I think it's ridiculous to have one per series; and why the f@#$k do they need a sketch to go with them? These are for original series, which had nothing to do with sketch cards. Why can't they just make/sell a binder and leave it at that? Oh, I know why: 'cause nobody would buy it. Corporate America at work....

Roxanne's binders are a thing of beauty, but I will never understand why they have round rings........ :'(

I'll decide when I see the prices, and what the puzzles look like.  Might end up buying the puzzles from sketch collectors.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »
How do you really feel? LOL
I would imagine the sketch and that comes with a series would represent a character from that series. I just hope the sketches are well done and not slopped together quickly. This looks to be a very special limited run so they all should be spectacular.
I'm with Andrew, if I miss out on any volumes I will be pissed. Can you imagine the eBay prices on these? I can see it already - a whole set of limited Wacky binders $10,000.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 07:13:42 PM »
Roxanne's binders are a thing of beauty, but I will never understand why they have round rings........ :'(

I'll decide when I see the prices, and what the puzzles look like.  Might end up buying the puzzles from sketch collectors.

You probably can sell the sketch to pay for the binder. There you go people, free binders! I'm sure I will be buying sketches if they are sold without the binder. I'm sure sellers will break this down.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 07:23:34 PM »

You raise some valid points.

Also, why do they have to be limited edition?

Edit - I just noticed that these will be signed. Perhaps Topps will also sell non-signed, unlimited editions of these (without sketch cards).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:37:39 PM by DrSushi »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 07:59:35 PM »
Now this is some exciting information!  However, for me personally, it could go either way.  I'd be interested in buying them if the price were affordable (which for me they probably won't be as there are all the extras included), one could guarantee getting all 16, and if the quality were good (which it seems it will be).  Gotta hear more before I decide whether I'd pursue them or not. 

I wish Topps would make one large, high-quality D-ring binder to hold all 16 series.  It would save lots of money, shelf space, and IMO be more manageable than 16 separate binders. 

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 08:19:07 PM »
Yep, if these total $800 or something I'm likely out. Was thinking they might be doable but with the sketch cards... Yikes. Also a great idea but so many Wacky things lately the $$$ are a bit low... :o

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 09:52:04 PM »
Like I said guys, if you want the binders and don't want to spend too much sell the sketches and or puzzles. You could probably get the whole binder set for free. It's really easy to do. It all depends on what you want from this limited series. There will be a big market for the extras if you only want the binders. We have to wait for mor info from Topps to come up with a buying strategy. All we know is there will be binders, sketches, and a puzzle set with each binder plus these are very limited. Look at how high the NSUpdate binders have sold for. This could turn into an investment. I don't have a lot of extra money to spend but if I can buy 2 of each binders I will go for it. I will hopefully sell the extra set to pay for my first. You know people will be left out of the pre-order due to various reasons that will be on the hunt for these through sellers. I sure hope I'm not the guy missing out on these.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 02:41:11 AM »

I'm with Brad on the buy the binders, sell the sketches and get your binders for free idea.Not sure I will do that, depends on what the sketches look like, but its an option for those who just want the binder for a low price.

Andrew
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:45:23 AM by DrDeal »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 10:34:31 AM »
And NOT the "puffy" type.

NO PUFFY BINDERS!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 12:04:11 PM »
NO PUFFY BINDERS!

Hmmm, whats wrong with the puffy binders? At least when you are rearranging your collection for the 127th time at 3am and fall asleep on top of it, its a little softer.  ;)

Offline Porkie

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »
I'm with Brad on the buy the binders, sell the sketches and get your binders for free idea.Not sure I will do that, depends on what the sketches look like, but its an option for those who just want the binder for a low price.

Andrew

Yeah, I can see the logic behind this idea too - as long as the sketches are high caliber - I definitely like the idea of the binders, just initially mildly apprehensive about the cost and/or availability.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 01:10:41 PM »
You probably can sell the sketch to pay for the binder. There you go people, free binders! I'm sure I will be buying sketches if they are sold without the binder. I'm sure sellers will break this down.

I know we are just speculating at this point... do you think the puzzle for each binder will be the composite picture on that binder? I would also suspect that the sketches in a particular binder would go with the Series that the binder is for. I wonder who is putting the composite picture together... Neil perhaps?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 02:03:28 PM »
I know we are just speculating at this point... do you think the puzzle for each binder will be the composite picture on that binder? I would also suspect that the sketches in a particular binder would go with the Series that the binder is for. I wonder who is putting the composite picture together... Neil perhaps?
Neil would probably have to answer that. I'm hopeful Neil can share some more info next week.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »
Hmmm, whats wrong with the puffy binders? At least when you are rearranging your collection for the 127th time at 3am and fall asleep on top of it, its a little softer.  ;)

They get dented too easily for my liking, but I do tend to lay them down a lot.  The worst are the Simpsons binders from years ago - they made special shapes stick up above the top, like Bart's hair and the top of Homer's head.  Those split along the edges on me.  Anyway, the regular kind, like what NSU produced, just seem classier to me.

I'll have to try using my extra postcard binders as a pillow......

Offline Porkie

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2013, 02:57:13 PM »
I'll have to try using my extra postcard binders as a pillow......

They do tend to give you Wacky Dreams! ;)

anything