Author Topic: NEW OFFICIAL SERIES 1-16 WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS COMING SOON!!!  (Read 167031 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: NEW OFFICIAL SERIES 1-16 WACKY PACKAGES BINDERS COMING SOON!!!
« Reply #350 on: October 29, 2013, 07:18:28 AM »
Got mine last night - they are real nice!! although I think all the sketches for these SHOULD BE IN COLOR - due to the limited quantity, cost outlay, and size of sketch - HINT HINT!!
The sketches are real nice due to the size the artists had to work with...

Hustler, just trying to make sure I understand your meaning... are you saying  that the sketches are nice considering the size limit the artists had to work with or was this meant as a sarcastic statement? Not busting your chops in any way... just wanted to be sure of the intended message.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #351 on: October 29, 2013, 07:39:13 AM »
Hustler, just trying to make sure I understand your meaning... are you saying  that the sketches are nice considering the size limit the artists had to work with or was this meant as a sarcastic statement? Not busting your chops in any way... just wanted to be sure of the intended message.

not being sarcastic - this time!!! ;D ;D

I meant:  the sketches are nice considering the size limit the artists had to work with. I would have liked them bigger and in color of course...

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #352 on: October 29, 2013, 09:03:58 AM »
not being sarcastic - this time!!! ;D ;D

I meant:  the sketches are nice considering the size limit the artists had to work with. I would have liked them bigger and in color of course...

Are you going to post pictures of your sketches?
Pics of the sets since binder 5 have been as scarce as hens teeth...
A

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #353 on: October 29, 2013, 09:12:33 AM »
Are you going to post pictures of your sketches?
Pics of the sets since binder 5 have been as scarce as hens teeth...
A

Dude - for you anything - yea...how many peeps on here are ordering binders?? not everyone?

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #354 on: October 29, 2013, 11:55:15 AM »
Dude - for you anything - yea...how many peeps on here are ordering binders?? not everyone?

Hardly anyone on here can afford the cost of these.   :'(

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #355 on: October 29, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »

I only ordered one set this time. End of year is getting expensive.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #356 on: October 29, 2013, 01:46:12 PM »
I only ordered one set this time. End of year is getting expensive.

Just wondering outloud... how many instances do you think there will be where a person ended up buying a complete 1 through 16 set of binders? Several have mentioned buying multiples earlier on but now dropping down to one order. If/When the 17th binder is produced, seems like there will be an abundance of them not associated with complete runs. I guess Topps will simply sell the remaining single binders in that case rather than them being a freebie for complete set buyers.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #357 on: October 29, 2013, 03:50:58 PM »
Just wondering outloud... how many instances do you think there will be where a person ended up buying a complete 1 through 16 set of binders? Several have mentioned buying multiples earlier on but now dropping down to one order. If/When the 17th binder is produced, seems like there will be an abundance of them not associated with complete runs. I guess Topps will simply sell the remaining single binders in that case rather than them being a freebie for complete set buyers.

I have no idea. I bought 2 sets of 1-8 and these things take up a lot of room. They were not a run-a-way hit like I thought they would be. Even with the small number of production there is an auction for 1-8 for $130 and no one is jumping on it. I just looked at completed auctions and 7 binders were sold auction style and all 7 went for a total of around $12. How sad is that? $.99 binders. If I would have seen the auctions I probably would have bid just to get them so cheap. I paid more for the crappy wacky folders at Walgreens a while back.

I don't know why they weren't a big hit. I, personally, think it's the spines. I have 1-8 on my shelf and it looks boring. I love the artwork but you don't see the artwork unless you pull out a binder. The spines could have been really cool. A total cool design if you have all 17 next to each other.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #358 on: October 29, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »
Just got my binders and put them on the shelf. The display reminds me of the "Off The Air" designs TV's stations used to display after 3 am.

Andrew

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #359 on: October 29, 2013, 07:32:00 PM »
I don't know why they weren't a big hit. I, personally, think it's the spines. I have 1-8 on my shelf and it looks boring. I love the artwork but you don't see the artwork unless you pull out a binder. The spines could have been really cool. A total cool design if you have all 17 next to each other.
exactly. whoever thought it'd be a good idea to mask the art with blank areas doesn't know a damned thing about design. this single-handedly killed my enthusiasm for these binders and probably for a lot of other folks as well.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #360 on: October 29, 2013, 07:42:50 PM »
exactly. whoever thought it'd be a good idea to mask the art with blank areas doesn't know a damned thing about design. this single-handedly killed my enthusiasm for these binders and probably for a lot of other folks as well.

Steve Jobs would never allow this and tell the guy "this is shit". LOL
I know because I have read a few books on Jobs and he would say this a lot!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #361 on: October 31, 2013, 10:23:38 AM »
Just got in the 9-12 binders. Why is series 11 in red?

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: October 31, 2013, 10:52:14 AM »

Magazine edition, of course!!
Oh, wait, that makes no friggin' sense. Ugly and inept. Just sad, really.
In my best Shatner:  Tooooooopppppppssssss!!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:54:58 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #363 on: October 31, 2013, 11:27:02 AM »
Magazine edition, of course!!
Oh, wait, that makes no friggin' sense. Ugly and inept. Just sad, really.
In my best Shatner:  Tooooooopppppppssssss!!!!
Always wondered if he "helped" his old lady into the pool
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #364 on: October 31, 2013, 02:34:05 PM »

THIS is what they look like sitting on a shelf?? Sigh

Brian Mc
Brian Mc

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #365 on: October 31, 2013, 02:44:41 PM »
Wow - The more I see and hear about these binders, the more I am glad that I wasn't duped into spending over $1k on them.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #366 on: October 31, 2013, 02:47:31 PM »
The should send those who purchased a set a sheet of stickers for each letter in the WP logo as well as small stickers with WP characters on them (3 for each series) . Then we could decorate the spines of the binders ourselves. That would at least be a small gesture to rectify the large miss that leaving the spines blank has become..

Andrew

Online bigtomi

« Reply #367 on: October 31, 2013, 03:02:47 PM »
Wow - The more I see and hear about these binders, the more I am glad that I wasn't duped into spending over $1k on them.
You and me both.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #368 on: October 31, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »
The should send those who purchased a set a sheet of stickers for each letter in the WP logo as well as small stickers with WP characters on them (3 for each series) . Then we could decorate the spines of the binders ourselves. That would at least be a small gesture to rectify the large miss that leaving the spines blank has become..

Andrew

Yes, the spines are a big disappointment but the artwork on the front and back is spectacular. I think you are right that it would be cool if Topps sent us some stickers for the spines.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #369 on: October 31, 2013, 06:52:42 PM »
Just received my binders today. Here are the sketch cards:

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #370 on: November 01, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »
Those spines look horrible.  :-[  Why would they take away that awesome artwork on the spine?

Offline Simko

• Sweet Rot
« Reply #371 on: November 01, 2013, 11:04:50 AM »
Here's 2 painted binder return cards for the 11th series. Sleepy sold. 4 blanks available for customs.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #372 on: November 01, 2013, 01:15:14 PM »
OMG! Those look awful on a shelf. My homemade ones look spectacular in comparison. Glad I passed on these....not that I could have afforded these in the first place.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #373 on: November 01, 2013, 01:33:58 PM »
Those spines look horrible.  :-[  Why would they take away that awesome artwork on the spine?

Wreaks of something designed by committee. There were probably several meetings to decide what should be on the spines and then "committee constipation" ruled the day. No decision could be agreed upon, and we ended up with this. In all fareness, if the original artwork had been left on the spines, the resulting side by side appearance would have been fairly chaotic, but it still would have been prefered to the current resulting blandness.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #374 on: November 01, 2013, 04:09:40 PM »
And to topp it off, the 11 is a different color than the rest?  Unbelievable.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #375 on: November 01, 2013, 04:15:16 PM »
The only way that Topps could redeem themselves in this fiasco is if there really is a lost 17th series with 30 Norm originals that we have never seen before.  But even then, I would only have a slight twinge of regret in not getting these.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #376 on: November 01, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »
And to topp it off, the 11 is a different color than the rest?  Unbelievable.

Before these were released, I thought there was a mention that binder colors would reflect the wrapper for each series. The main binder color similar to the main wrapper color and the numbers the same color as the Wacky Packages lettering but this didn't hold true for some of the earlier binders where all numbers are yellow rather than orange as found on some of the wrappers. So I assumed they decided to stick with all yellow numbers for aesthetic reasons. Then they threw the red 11 in.

• Administrator
« Reply #377 on: November 01, 2013, 04:28:05 PM »
The only way that Topps could redeem themselves in this fiasco is if there really is a lost 17th series with 30 Norm originals that we have never seen before.  But even then, I would only have a slight twinge of regret in not getting these.
don't worry, I'm sure there will be scores for sale on the online site sitting unsold for years.
they never said the 17th was exclusive to those that bought the rest of the set, just that it would be free for those that did.

Online bigtomi

« Reply #378 on: November 01, 2013, 05:37:28 PM »
Wreaks of something designed by committee. There were probably several meetings to decide what should be on the spines and then "committee constipation" ruled the day. No decision could be agreed upon, and we ended up with this. 
Seems this committee was spineless, so......

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #379 on: November 01, 2013, 05:41:30 PM »

Ouch!  ;D

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #380 on: November 01, 2013, 07:48:22 PM »

Lol  :]  Good one!

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #381 on: November 02, 2013, 09:53:09 AM »
I don't know how Topps is tracking the binder buyers but whoever has been buying them all should be the only ones to get the 17th binder, non for sale other than that. If 55 sets were sold than 55 binders should be printed.

• Administrator
« Reply #382 on: November 02, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »
and what's going on with the Flash Cards info? it's being dumbed down now.

series 12 says 'Midget Rice and Fool-Aid are believed to be lost titles'

believed to be? wth? it's a fact. along with Frosted Ice Krunkles. why are they playing stupid with this stuff?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #383 on: November 03, 2013, 01:50:53 AM »
don't worry, I'm sure there will be scores for sale on the online site sitting unsold for years.
they never said the 17th was exclusive to those that bought the rest of the set, just that it would be free for those that did.
They also never said the 17th Binder would be available to those who did not get a complete binder set. Time will tell. My sense is that the ONLY way you will get a 17th binder is to have purchased the set and the it is a special bonus item made to incentivize us to get all the binders.

Andrew

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #384 on: November 03, 2013, 05:48:35 AM »
They also never said the 17th Binder would be available to those who did not get a complete binder set. Time will tell. My sense is that the ONLY way you will get a 17th binder is to have purchased the set and the it is a special bonus item made to incentivize us to get all the binders.

Andrew

I, for one, hope this isn't true. Whether the fault of Topps, Paypal or myself, I did not get the first set from Topps. I would suspect Topps would make the full 200 17th binders. But I also suspect there were significantly less full sets purchased. I wouldn't think Topps will just eat these but will sell the remaining non-free binders at a high price.

anything