Author Topic: Collection for sale ?  (Read 348 times)

Offline Mr wacky

Collection for sale ?
« on: April 20, 2024, 05:18:54 PM »
I have a pretty comprehensive collection from 1979 on. How can I value this as an entire collection ? Are there buyers for something like this or is really all about pre 77 stuff. Want to list on eBay but don’t want to be ripped off my friends. Who appraises this stuff ?

Offline Mr._Stubble

Re: Collection for sale ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 05:48:01 AM »
Ever go on e-Bay and look at Wacky Packages that have recently sold?

Offline quas

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 10:08:29 AM »
I have a pretty comprehensive collection from 1979 on. How can I value this as an entire collection ? Are there buyers for something like this or is really all about pre 77 stuff. Want to list on eBay but don’t want to be ripped off my friends. Who appraises this stuff ?

Typically not valuable enough to be "appraised".
Marc

Offline Mr wacky

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 11:48:32 AM »
Ever go on e-Bay and look at Wacky Packages that have recently sold?

Yeah but I’d like to consider selling it as an entire collection and there are no comparables for that

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 12:37:14 PM »
Yeah but I’d like to consider selling it as an entire collection and there are no comparables for that

Selling anything as a "lot" is always difficult because you are banking on someone wanting an instant collection . most of the time people/collectors will want to cherry pick.

I have a huge rare magazine lot on ebay and any interaction i have received  has been questions about breaking up the lot so they can get the issues they need.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2024, 12:50:51 PM »

Sadly, you will probably find that it is worth a fraction of what you paid for it.

Offline Mr wacky

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024, 01:49:12 PM »
Yes I know it isn’t worth much at all. Deciding whether to keep it or pass it along. It’s not really about the money.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2024, 04:26:01 PM »
You may want to list the contents here and see if anyone is interested in it.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 05:41:01 PM »
Yes I know it isn’t worth much at all. Deciding whether to keep it or pass it along. It’s not really about the money.
Wouldn't the decision to keep it be based on nostalgic value?  If that isn't strong enough to result in keep it, then it is clear you should pass it along it seems that is the path you are undertaking.  Look up each piece of your collection in completed ebay auctions, add them up and then multiply by 50%.  That will be in the ball park of what you might get as a collection.  Piecing it out, you might get a bit more.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

anything