Author Topic: What was your favorite chase card from ANS 10 that you want to see in ANS 11  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Joe G.

Just curious, we just had ANS 10 that had an explosion of chase cards.  Which are the stand outs, that people want to see in ANS 11.

Offline Jean Nutty

Just curious, we just had ANS 10 that had an explosion of chase cards.  Which are the stand outs, that people want to see in ANS 11.

I'm not sure I understand your question - what ANS 10 titles would we want to see again in ANS 11?

Maybe this is a different topic, but I don't comprehend why titles are ever repeated. Is the idea that in one series Topps makes some chase card titles really really tough to get, and then they re-release them as more common bonus cards during the next series? I guess that makes a tiny bit of sense, but I am frankly totally confused about this

I think it is weird and disappointing to see titles repeated and sort of goes against the whole idea of a "new series".    Don't mean to be a bah humbug, this just puzzles me

Offline Joe G.

No, the question is what type of chase card did you like in ANS 10 (black border, plates, artist autos et.)?  I for one, liked the clothes and would like to see them in ANS 11. 

Offline MadMike

I would like them to go back to the Flash Foil for silver and gold.  It looks so much better than the mustard and dull silver.  I did also like the blue borders.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Just curious, we just had ANS 10 that had an explosion of chase cards.  Which are the stand outs, that people want to see in ANS 11.

I really like the "black canvas" border cards and would like to see them continued. If there will be gold and silver border cards, I too would like to see a return of the prism style. I also think on a release like an ANS with 55 new titles, if there are to be sketch cards, they should be of the new titles. In my mind, it ties the sketch cards to the release more tightly. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:53:26 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline dth1971

How about glow in the dark borders?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I like the black canvas, cloth, plates, & Artist Autos. I agree to go back to the flash foils.

really glad topps got rid of the neon greens and pinks for the blue and red. blacks are really nice along with the cloth.
my favorite would have to be the blue because it really POPS.

for ans11 topps should make a color for their border parallels not yet created by god/nature. C'mon guys, time to raise the bar!!! ha

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Was anyone excited about the Ludlows? I think they belong in the OLDS series. I'm sure there are some collectors that don't collect the OLDS series so when they offered them in ANS some went crazy.

Offline sco(o)t

Was anyone excited about the Ludlows? I think they belong in the OLDS series. I'm sure there are some collectors that don't collect the OLDS series so when they offered them in ANS some went crazy.

I agree... I really liked them as a fun throw back for Old School, but not that excited about them in ANS10.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
I agree... I really liked them as a fun throw back for Old School, but not that excited about them in ANS10.

The ludlows seemed out of place in ANS10.  The black canvas are nice.

Offline Swiski

I don't think the Screamed On TV subset was necessary. Those are all recognizable products that could be part of the base set. I love the lenticular cards from series past. They haven't tried glow-in-the-dark cards yet. Those would be cool!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Just curious, we just had ANS 10 that had an explosion of chase cards.  Which are the stand outs, that people want to see in ANS 11.

I really liked the subset styles they chose for ANS10, I just don't like the odds. 

The black canvas and cloths stand out to me, although doing the cloths on the TV and App sets seemed strange to me. 

I also agree the the ink for the silvers and golds should be either the "prism" style or at least metallic. 

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline dth1971

really glad topps got rid of the neon greens and pinks for the blue and red. blacks are really nice along with the cloth.
my favorite would have to be the blue because it really POPS.

for ans11 topps should make a color for their border parallels not yet created by god/nature. C'mon guys, time to raise the bar!!! ha

How about multi color rainbow style parallels?

Offline sco(o)t

How about multi color rainbow style parallels?

That might have fit in nicely with the FLASHBACK series, with its psychedelic theme. I always thought that a blacklight chase set would have been nice for FLASHBACK.

Offline Jean Nutty

No, the question is what type of chase card did you like in ANS 10 (black border, plates, artist autos et.)?  I for one, liked the clothes and would like to see them in ANS 11. 

OK, gotcha

I’m generally not a fan of border variations, but have to admit I liked the blue ones in this series. I also liked the black canvas border cards – those were sharp.

(Also on my wish list would be foil cards that are similar to the Cereal Killers foils. Those are awesome and I’d enjoy seeing that style used for some Wacky characters. I think there are new types of foils out there / new technologies. I’d love to see a foil subset of just some of the characters from the popular titles, so the image would be larger and we could appreciate more of the details of the artwork)

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
(Also on my wish list would be foil cards that are similar to the Cereal Killers foils. Those are awesome and I’d enjoy seeing that style used for some Wacky characters. I think there are new types of foils out there / new technologies. I’d love to see a foil subset of just some of the characters from the popular titles, so the image would be larger and we could appreciate more of the details of the artwork)
i like that idea - a portrait gallery of some sort.
it worked really well in a similar fashion with the 'baseball' card subset of ANS4, so if done well, I think a portrait subset could be pretty cool.

Offline ratchet007

i like that idea - a portrait gallery of some sort.
it worked really well in a similar fashion with the 'baseball' card subset of ANS4, so if done well, I think a portrait subset could be pretty cool.
You mean OLDS 4 don't you Patrick??

Offline crackedjerk

That might have fit in nicely with the FLASHBACK series, with its psychedelic theme. I always thought that a blacklight chase set would have been nice for FLASHBACK.

I think that would have been a great subset for Flashback!

Offline crackedjerk

I haven't seen a cloth, but the magnets are still my favorite.  Perhaps that's partly because original series titles are used (or were up until ANS10).  If magnets are used again, I hope Topps sticks with original series titles. 

anything