Author Topic: Any ANS11 plans yet?  (Read 45625 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: Any ANS11 plans yet?
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2013, 09:26:27 AM »
Brings a question to mind - the tendency to repeatedly parody the same products during the ANS run has me wondering whether the whole C&D thing from the 70's ever truly went away.  Seems like there are still many products that have yet to be spoofed in ANS, while others have been spoofed multiple times like never before.  It's become standard that Dunkin' Donuts is parodied at least once in every new series that comes out.  Most of them are good so it's by no means a complaint, but I do wonder about the C&D aspect...

Any threads on this that I may have missed?  I don't recall every seeing anything about how Topps has dealt with C&D issues, if there are still any, since the ANS run began nearly 10 years ago.

I wonder, at times, in this day and age of "there is no such thing as bad publicity" mentality whether Topps gets any Cease and Desist orders any more. Seems like an old business attitude that I would be a little surprised still exists.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2013, 01:59:49 PM »
DACW has them up for sale already. You have to pay the whole pre-order price upfront which really stinks because the release is 4 months away.
http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/wacky-packages-series-11-collectors-edition-hobby-8-box-case-ud-2013-t#itemdetails

Offline drono

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2013, 02:37:28 PM »
And they're made by Upper Deck now instead of Topps!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
And they're made by Upper Deck now instead of Topps!

Ha Ha, I never even noticed. I noticed the price and asked them why we $409 now and $409 when it's released. They said it was a mistake and the cases are $409 now and nothing due later.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2013, 06:24:31 PM »

http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/wacky-packages-series-11-collectors-edition-hobby-8-box-case-ud-2013-t#itemdetails

The following is listed on the description page

* (55) Base Sticker Cards with A/B variants (110 total)
* Features 2 designs for each card back to enhance collectability of base set (New!)

so it looks like the A and B cards are back variations, which is different than what Topps does with GPK's

I was hoping, OK, more like dreaming, for the A and B stickers to parody the same product, but to have a different gag or character on the sticker.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2013, 06:53:37 PM »

The following is listed on the description page

* (55) Base Sticker Cards with A/B variants (110 total)
* Features 2 designs for each card back to enhance collectability of base set (New!)

so it looks like the A and B cards are back variations, which is different than what Topps does with GPK's

I was hoping, OK, more like dreaming, for the A and B stickers to parody the same product, but to have a different gag or character on the sticker.

nice dream, but so much more work for topps.

instead they are just going to re-do the ANS5 mistake of mixed-up backs and call it an enhancement! yippee!
turning lemons into lemonade.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2013, 07:36:22 PM »
nice dream, but so much more work for topps.

instead they are just going to re-do the ANS5 mistake of mixed-up backs and call it an enhancement! yippee!
turning lemons into lemonade.

I know, more work, that was my thought, but it would not have had to be a huge difference - it could have been like "Find Waldo" were it was a minor change to the art

http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/wacky-packages-series-11-collectors-edition-hobby-8-box-case-ud-2013-t#moredetails

The link is titled "8 box case", but the web page says 6 boxes

Remind me again how many sketches you'd expect to get in a case? Is it one sketch per hobby box or one per case?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2013, 03:12:01 AM »
So is the 409 price a good price and will these sell out quickly on pre-order and other will be higher? 68 per box was the low end last time. Not sure if I want to spring for this now.

Andrew

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 03:51:38 AM »
I know, more work, that was my thought, but it would not have had to be a huge difference - it could have been like "Find Waldo" were it was a minor change to the art

http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/wacky-packages-series-11-collectors-edition-hobby-8-box-case-ud-2013-t#moredetails

The link is titled "8 box case", but the web page says 6 boxes

Remind me again how many sketches you'd expect to get in a case? Is it one sketch per hobby box or one per case?

For ANS10, the cases contained 6 collector boxes and you would get all 6 different billboards, one in each box. Most people were reporting 2 sketch cards per case. I think there were a few less, a few more reported... I happened to get 3 sketches (1 color reg, 1 b&w reg and 1 shaped).  Seems like you would either get a printing plate, sketch card, gold border or red ludlow in each collector box. Also One Lost Wacky card per case.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:11:47 AM by sco(o)t »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2013, 06:12:41 AM »
Brings a question to mind - the tendency to repeatedly parody the same products during the ANS run has me wondering whether the whole C&D thing from the 70's ever truly went away.  Seems like there are still many products that have yet to be spoofed in ANS, while others have been spoofed multiple times like never before.  It's become standard that Dunkin' Donuts is parodied at least once in every new series that comes out.  Most of them are good so it's by no means a complaint, but I do wonder about the C&D aspect...

Any threads on this that I may have missed?  I don't recall every seeing anything about how Topps has dealt with C&D issues, if there are still any, since the ANS run began nearly 10 years ago.

It has nothing to do with a C&D. They just want to get any good gag in regardless of the product. Also, they feel new kids are coming in each series so it doesn't matter if the product was in the last series or two. They'd rather have popular products than stranger ones kids might not know.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2013, 05:18:35 PM »
Blowout cards has Collector boxes for $74.99 up for pre-order.Free shipping on orders over $150. They have 6 box cases for $429.95 ($71.60 per box) which is higher than DA but you can put $200 down now and the rest a few days before they ship. The DA Cardworld $409 case price works out to $68.16 per box.
Toywiz has boxes for $69.99 pre-order but shipping is extra.

Andrew
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:30:23 PM by DrDeal »

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2013, 07:02:07 PM »
no black canvas parallels? well, crap. those were the best ones!

does that mean that the hit rate of the collector packs just dropped significantly?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2013, 07:48:08 PM »
no black canvas parallels? well, crap. those were the best ones!

does that mean that the hit rate of the collector packs just dropped significantly?

Agreed. The black canvas has been the best border variation to date. The blurb from THE CARDBOARD CONNECTION http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2013-topps-wacky-packages-all-new-series-11    mentions black canvas borders....

"Collector Edition packs also have more exclusive parallels. Both Black Canvas and Red Metallic parallels fall one per insert-focused pack. There are also Die-Cut (two per Collector Edition box), Ludlow Black (one per Collector Edition box), Ludlow Red (one per Collector Edition case) and Printing Plates to be found."

Just curious what you have seen to the contrary. It would be a shame if Topps did not include them in this release.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:53:03 PM by sco(o)t »

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2013, 08:05:27 PM »
Also, if you click on the Set Checklist tab on the cardboardconnection page, black canvas parallels are listed:

Base Set Checklist
Featuring 110 total cards, with 55 "A" and "B" versions
PARALLEL CARDS: Cloth (6,400 total cards), Gold (3 per case, 4,300 total cards)
"Standard Edition" PARALLEL CARDS: Blue - 1 per pack, Silver - 1:3 packs
"Collector Edition" PARALLEL CARDS: Black Canvas - 1 per pack, Red Metallic - 1 per pack, Die-Cut - 2 per box, Ludlow Black - 1 per box, Ludlow Red - 1 per case, Printing Plates

Agreed. The black canvas has been the best border variation to date. The blurb from THE CARDBOARD CONNECTION http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2013-topps-wacky-packages-all-new-series-11    mentions black canvas borders....

"Collector Edition packs also have more exclusive parallels. Both Black Canvas and Red Metallic parallels fall one per insert-focused pack. There are also Die-Cut (two per Collector Edition box), Ludlow Black (one per Collector Edition box), Ludlow Red (one per Collector Edition case) and Printing Plates to be found."

Just curious what you have seen to the contrary. It would be a shame if Topps did not include them in this release.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2013, 09:24:34 PM »
Again, more questions?

1. Are they doing 110 separate gold cards or 55? I'm still not sure of the A & B variations.
2. There are 3 golds per case. Does that mean either hobby or collectors cases? I generally averaged 3 golds per collector case with ANS10.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2013, 09:36:41 PM »
Again, more questions?

1. Are they doing 110 separate gold cards or 55? I'm still not sure of the A & B variations.
2. There are 3 golds per case. Does that mean either hobby or collectors cases? I generally averaged 3 golds per collector case with ANS10.

Oh wow, that would be cruel, doing A & B backs for all the different border types and cloths!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2013, 09:46:14 PM »
Oh wow, that would be cruel, doing A & B backs for all the different border types and cloths!!

It would be really cruel but I probably won't go after sets of each of cloth and gold but it also has me wondering about all borders. Even though the silver borders are 1:3 packs, if they do silver for both back variations it could get ugly as those were not hard to obtain with ANS10 but collecting 110 could be really tough.

I plan to collect certain cards like I did with Reepers with ANS10. That is probably my limit on golds, red Luds, & printing plates. It might be more than one title with ANS11. Who knows? I was sold on Reepers with ANS10 because I love the character. Others were going after Mimecraft and Lightsaber. That, to me, is fun collecting in the new era. I don't feel compelled to get everything anymore. It makes me happy and that is all I care about in collecting. Still no Reepers original art?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2013, 10:25:40 PM »
It would be really cruel but I probably won't go after sets of each of cloth and gold but it also has me wondering about all borders. Even though the silver borders are 1:3 packs, if they do silver for both back variations it could get ugly as those were not hard to obtain with ANS10 but collecting 110 could be really tough.

I plan to collect certain cards like I did with Reepers with ANS10. That is probably my limit on golds, red Luds, & printing plates. It might be more than one title with ANS11. Who knows? I was sold on Reepers with ANS10 because I love the character. Others were going after Mimecraft and Lightsaber. That, to me, is fun collecting in the new era. I don't feel compelled to get everything anymore. It makes me happy and that is all I care about in collecting. Still no Reepers original art?

The character on Reeper's is OK, but the spelling irks me.  I haven't really scrutinized all the titles, but I could see myself looking for the variations of LiteSabers.  I'm sure a lot of people did that though, so those might be hard to track down, and/or more than I'm willing to shell out.

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2013, 05:19:50 AM »
Also, if you click on the Set Checklist tab on the cardboardconnection page, black canvas parallels are listed:

"Collector Edition" PARALLEL CARDS: Black Canvas - 1 per pack, Red Metallic - 1 per pack, D

I hope so. neither dacardworld or blowout listed those parallels, just the red metallic

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 07:22:58 AM »
The character on Reeper's is OK, but the spelling irks me. 

What is wrong with the spelling?

I love the monsters and such on Wacky's. Litesabers is also a fun title but if you are looking for all the variations you should probably be keeping an eye on ebay now.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2013, 07:31:14 AM »
What is wrong with the spelling?

I love the monsters and such on Wacky's. Litesabers is also a fun title but if you are looking for all the variations you should probably be keeping an eye on ebay now.
I believe Pat is referring to "Reapers" vs. "Reepers". Technically, Reapers would be the correct spelling. Reepers keeps with the "Reeses" parody.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 07:38:29 AM »
I believe Pat is referring to "Reapers" vs. "Reepers". Technically, Reapers would be the correct spelling. Reepers keeps with the "Reeses" parody.

I'm sure that is what Neil intended. We should let him chime in.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2013, 07:49:18 AM »
I'm sure that is what Neil intended. We should let him chime in.

I'm sure the spelling was done to better match the product name.  That being said, the spelling bothers me enough to mention that it prevents me from absolutely "loving" the title, and as you might appreciate later, to not bid on the art if and when it becomes available.

My comment was in no way intended to malign the artist.  I didn't even know it was Neil until your post.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2013, 10:58:20 AM »
I'm sure the spelling was done to better match the product name.  That being said, the spelling bothers me enough to mention that it prevents me from absolutely "loving" the title, and as you might appreciate later, to not bid on the art if and when it becomes available.

My comment was in no way intended to malign the artist.  I didn't even know it was Neil until your post.

For the record, the "ee" in Reepers is intentional! And yes, Pat I am totally crushed (and maligned) by your comments... ;)*

Seriously, I can see where some people would prefer the "ea"...but to me, "ee" seemed to keep in better step with the original logo.

Anyway, next "Reeses" gag, I promise to use an "ea"...

* Emoticon added for extra clarity!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:14:25 PM by koduck »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »
For the record, the "ee" in Reepers is intentional! And yes, Pat I am totally crushed (and maligned) by your comments...

Seriously, I can see where some people would prefer the "ea"...but to me, "ee" seemed to keep in better step with the original logo.

Anyway, next "Reeses" gag, I promise to use an "ea"...

Dude,

No problem with the 'EE' otherwise I might not know its a parody of Reese's....great work!! Bring on the original ART!!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
So I researched my options and just placed a 4 Collector Box pre-order with DA Cardworld for $280. They have boxes for $69.95 with free shipping on orders over $150. Blowout has the same free shipping on over $150 but boxes are $74.99. Toywiz has $69.99 boxes but shipping for 3 boxes was $21.02. I think I will be good with 4 boxes this time around. Hoping for a Lost Wacky. I will sell off most Golds/ Sketches/ Plates and purchase whatever Lost Wackies I need and Magnets on ebay. Hopefully I will end up with a cool assortment of cards with about $300 spent. Time will tell. Hoping to score a patch card. Hopefully the golds will not be mustards next time.

Andrew

Offline dth1971

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »
Hope there's more ANS11 sneak peeks this Summer 2013!

Offline OrangeCrush

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2013, 09:39:58 AM »
I've been on the sidelines since ANS7 & 8. Ended up buying a fun Cap'n Crud sketch card from ANS 10 but haven't even picked up that magnet.

My heart just isn't into the newer ANS. But I have enjoyed watching from the sidelines those who are still into it.

I understand perfectly. I have tried to get into the ANS but my heart just isn't in it and with each passing series, my interest wanes that much more. For me, its just all too much to keep track of now as I have always been a completionist in regards to my collecting, especially with cards. Now you have 5 different kinds of parallels, sketch cards, rare cards galore etc.. Basically its becoming more and more about rare/premium cards. I would much rather they just limit the production on the regular set and keep things simple. I collected up to ANS9 but my interest started waning around ANS5 and I have yet to purchase anything from ANS10 and don't think I will. Again, my heart just isnt in it. I think I was buying them just for the sake of buying them. I will continue to buy unopened boxes and packs for the original series, and high grade singles, but Topps would have to do an about face and go back to a much simpler, and rarer, set for me to get interested in the newer sets again and judging from the way things are going, that just isn't going to happen. The modern card market is all about premium/rare cards. Meanwhile they continue to overproduce the main card sets. To be perfectly honest, I have WAY too many collecting hobbies anyways. cutting back on a few of them is a good thing.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29:26 PM »
Just recently pre-ordered a regular box and a hobby box from DA CARDWORLD.

Offline Tylerg30

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2013, 09:41:02 AM »
I just went ahead and ordered 4 Collector's cases.  I figured 24 boxes would cure some of my Wacky needs :)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »
Just got this email from DACard's. They only have 2 collector cases left so you can't take advantage of the $100 off. Doh!

Right now, I can offer you up to $100 off your next order!

Pick any one of the following discounts to be applied on your next purchase:
Take $10 off any order of $100 or more
Take $25 off any order of $250 or more
Take $50 off any order of $500 or more
Take $100 off any order of $1,000 or more
You can use this offer towards any of the thousands of products on our site – sports cards, gaming, non-sport, sports memorabilia, supplies, etc. It’s even good on pre-order products!

This offer is good for 1 order. Your order must be placed by Friday, June 14th, 2013.

Details:
This offer is good for 1 order.  The discount cannot be combined with any other special offers, pricing, or gift codes. It’s good on pre-sells as well as any product on the site, but pre-sells will require full funds when the order is placed. The discount is for order subtotal – does not discount shipping charges. Orders in the U.S. have free 3-day or less shipping.

Take Advantage and Get Shopping!
To use the offer, contact me toll free at 1-888-440-9787 ext 128, email me at kelly@dacardworld.com, or put "June Special" in the notes when checking out and I’ll adjust the price before completing your payment.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:54:12 AM by BumChex »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2013, 09:51:16 AM »
I just went ahead and ordered 4 Collector's cases.  I figured 24 boxes would cure some of my Wacky needs :)

Who did you order from?

Offline Tylerg30

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2013, 07:02:36 PM »
A couple of distributors I go through.  Will find out Monday how much more I can get. 

Offline dth1971

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2013, 08:10:38 PM »
Since I pre-ordered an ANS11 regular pack box and an ANS11 regular hobby collectors edition pack box I was offered to choose a free gift from DA Card World - I chose a Wacky Packages ANS7 bonus box of 6 packs and bonus sticker.

Offline Tylerg30

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »
You can never go wrong with freebie Wackies!