Author Topic: Any ANS11 plans yet?  (Read 45610 times)

Offline dth1971

Any ANS11 plans yet?
« on: April 21, 2013, 06:44:14 AM »
Are the Topps staff planning a possibly due out before 2013 is over an ANS11 Wacky Packages series?

We also expect to see before 2013 is over Wacky Packages Old School series 5.

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: Any ANS11 plans yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:54:21 AM »

Are the Topps staff planning a possibly due out before 2013 is over an ANS11 Wacky Packages series?

As soon as they round up a new ratty bunch of buybacks                 :D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 10:00:21 AM »
I don't know if my wallet can handle the stress :o

Offline Go_Bum

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 05:21:10 PM »
As soon as they round up a new ratty bunch of buybacks                 :D

Yeah, 1991 buybacks. >:D  Topps could even splurge and go high grade.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 06:26:38 PM »
ans11!?!?? sigh. I still haven't picked up os4 or ans10 cereal boxes yet. just waitin to pull the trigger on jeffcaff's 5 boxes of os4 on ebay.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 02:40:47 PM »
Fred, thanks for posting this.  That Cap'n Crud patch looks awesome.  Can't wait to see die cut versions of ANS Wacky's!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »
I do like the patches idea. I can't believe there is another Lucky Charms parody...Yuk!
Looks like Collector Cases all the way again for me. When do pre-orders start...LOL

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »
orange wrappers again?? aaaaggggghhhhh!!!! :41:

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 03:37:39 PM »

Why mess with a good thing????   :o

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »
...die cut versions of ANS Wacky's!

What does this even mean?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 03:41:51 PM »
That's wrong. They used the ANS10 wrapper and put on ANS11

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 03:45:30 PM »
I do like the patches idea. I can't believe there is another Lucky Charms parody...Yuk!
Looks like Collector Cases all the way again for me. When do pre-orders start...LOL
LOL.
I have yet to see a Lucky Charms parody I like. Perhaps that godawful ANS2 Unlucky Charms has permanently set me against this title.

trying to figure out that patch. is that a super-mini cloth sticker inside a regular size card? hey look - topps finally, finally got the shading on Crud correct!

not so sure about....
  • A and B versions of the cards
  • menu spoofs

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
That's wrong. They used the ANS10 wrapper and put on ANS11
they did that last time to. put ANS10 on an ANS9. hopefully they'll be something we haven't seen in awhile. red? green?

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »
What does this even mean?
my guess would be ANS Wacky's printed on cardboard stock instead of sticker stock.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 05:07:54 PM »
That's what I assume as well.  Printed on cardboard stock with a die cut.  It would be awesome if Old School 5 also had die cuts.  The thing I'm unclear about is A and B versions.  With GBK that's easy but how do you do that with Wacky's?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:12:25 PM by vfx2g »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 02:27:41 AM »
The patches look very cool. I can see that being the hot subset from this release.

Andrew

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 07:51:59 AM »

I agree with you Brad, The patches are cool, And of all the cereals out there, Why Lucky Charms again-LOL.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 09:59:52 AM »

not so sure about....
  • A and B versions of the cards

Yeah, Wackys with A and B versions, that stumps me!

For anyone not familiar with GPK A and B versions, here are some examples

Offline dth1971

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 08:42:36 PM »
About ANS11:
* Did Topps do an A and B version of a Wacky Package before in original sticker series 7 with Grime Dog Food in Dusty-Greasy Chunks version and Heavy Chunks version?
* The Coming Attractions subset will be all movie spoof posters in sticker form.
* The Rude Food series will be all full service restaurant menu spoofs - Besides the Olive Garden menu cover parody that I saw in the spoiler article on ANS11, I hope the Rude Food subset features these Wacky Packages takes on restaurant chain menu fronts: Red Lobster, IHOP, Outback Steakhouse, Friendly's, Benihana, Hooters, T.G.I. Fridays, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. (These are my guesses)
* I hope there's a socilation for ANS11 in the July or August Previews after Previews snubbed out ANS10 even for pre-order comic companies (Westfield Comics, Midtown Comics, TFAW.com) that use Previews as a source! And will there be any more ANS11 sneak peeks if Topps takes part in the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con in July? I also hope Wacky Packages Old School Series 5 is still on track for release towards the end of 2013/start of 2014.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:44:18 PM by dth1971 »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 12:57:32 PM »
I am curious as to what board members are planning to purchase for this release. I ended up with 9 collector boxes last time around. I am thinking around 3 collector boxes this time. 

Andrew

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »
                                                                                                      Zorro for I
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 08:11:08 PM »
I am curious as to what board members are planning to purchase for this release. I ended up with 9 collector boxes last time around. I am thinking around 3 collector boxes this time. 

Andrew

Because this release looks so much like ANS10, I'll probably stick with the same buying strategy.  All I bought was a handful of packs and picked up a few items (one of the subsets, a sketch, and a spokesman auto card) on ebay.  Did a small amount of trading and was done.  Of course, I'll await more details, but will likely be very low key again with this release.

Now, if Topps would reduce the bodily fluid jokes, simplify the whole series/box set configuration, and have some more Dave Gross art in the set, I'd be more inclined to purchase whole boxes again.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 08:49:57 PM »
I want to get a full set of patches,  so I will be getting a few cases

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2013, 03:06:41 AM »

Andrew

I'll probably treat this like I did ANS10 and just buy sets from collectors.  Wasn't any fun though.  In fact, i still haven't even put them in pages.

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 07:41:27 AM »
I'll probably treat this like I did ANS10 and just buy sets from collectors.  Wasn't any fun though.  In fact, i still haven't even put them in pages.

For ANS10, I was lucky to get a case of 6 collector boxes before the price hike. Pretty pricey for the case, but I only kept 1 of each ludlow back, 1 cloth, and one gold border, and 1 print plate.  After selling the  extras items I figured I had about $120 into the collector case. I was able to trade for most of the tattos/blue border/magnets from the retail boxes with others on the forum. And, since sketch cards were fairly inxexpensive, I decided to pick up one from each artist including one of each of the shaped sketch cards. I also purchased the 2 Lost Wackies I didn't get in the collector case on eBay. That raised my total outlay to about the $300 mark. Late in the game, I decided to go for a "Wacky royal flush" and get the border and back variations for a particular title, LITESABERS, including an artist auto and printing plate. I was able to get everything except for the one of the red ludlow back variations thus far.

Since ANS11 will be comprised similarly to ANS10, I will probably use the same strategy but will take it easier on the sketch cards. I will also pick a less popular title for my "Wacky royal flush".
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 12:31:42 PM »
For ANS10, I was lucky to get a case of 6 collector boxes before the price hike. Pretty pricey for the case, but I only kept 1 of each ludlow back, 1 cloth, and one gold border, and 1 print plate.  After selling the  extras items I figured I had about $120 into the collector case. I was able to trade for most of the tattos/blue border/magnets from the retail boxes with others on the forum. And, since sketch cards were fairly inxexpensive, I decided to pick up one from each artist including one of each of the shaped sketch cards. I also purchased the 2 Lost Wackies I didn't get in the collector case on eBay. That raised my total outlay to about the $300 mark. Late in the game, I decided to go for a "Wacky royal flush" and get the border and back variations for a particular title, LITESABERS, including an artist auto and printing plate. I was able to get everything except for the one of the red ludlow back variations thus far.

Since ANS11 will be comprised similarly to ANS10, I will probably use the same strategy but will take it easier on the sketch cards. I will also pick a less popular title for my "Wacky royal flush".

I ended up with about $300 into also. I kept one each of plate/ gold/ artist auto/ red lud/ black lud. I think I kept 5 cloths as they were especially cool. I also purchased the 2 lost wackies and magnets I needed on the bay. I may also go for the wacky royal flush in ANS11.

Andrew

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2013, 12:15:35 AM »

Andrew

I've been on the sidelines since ANS7 & 8. Ended up buying a fun Cap'n Crud sketch card from ANS 10 but haven't even picked up that magnet.

My heart just isn't into the newer ANS. But I have enjoyed watching from the sidelines those who are still into it.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2013, 03:52:46 AM »
I've been on the sidelines since ANS7 & 8. Ended up buying a fun Cap'n Crud sketch card from ANS 10 but haven't even picked up that magnet.

The magnet is the "Cap'n Cruddy" version (that's how I think of it) without the shading.  What a waste.......

Offline Shrunken Donuts

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 06:35:54 AM »

My heart just isn't into the newer ANS. But I have enjoyed watching from the sidelines those who are still into it.
Funny. I've been on the sidelines since then as well. I feel Topps is taking advantage of the completist nature of many wacky collectors with all these chase cards and sub-sets. Someday I'll go back and buy base sets for all the series' that I missed. Maybe some magnets of the classic titles. But that will pretty much be it.  I'll leave pink borders and all this other nonsense for other collectors to worry about.

Offline MadMike

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2013, 09:14:25 AM »
The magnet is the "Cap'n Cruddy" version (that's how I think of it) without the shading.  What a waste.......

What do you mean by the one "without the shading?"

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 09:43:15 AM »

What do you mean by the one "without the shading?"
Don't get Pat started. LOL.

For some reason, the shading for the box side was dropped with the reprints of Crud - in the wacky book, in the flashbacks, the cereal box sticker, the magnet, etc. The whole box is one color red, unlike the Original image. there is no 'edge'. ugly.

But it looks the box shading has returned for the tiny cloth sticker in ANS11
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:02:17 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline MadMike

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!  I see what you are talking about.  It is much better with the shading. 

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 11:29:14 AM »
Don't get Pat started. LOL.

For some reason, the shading for the box side was dropped with the reprints of Crud - in the wacky book, in the flashbacks, the cereal box sticker, the magnet, etc. The whole box is one color red, unlike the Original image. there is no 'edge'. ugly.

But it looks the box shading has returned for the tiny cloth sticker in ANS11

Oh, have I mentioned this pet peeve before?  :-\

Actually, the cereal box sticker does have the shading.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2013, 06:35:23 AM »
Brings a question to mind - the tendency to repeatedly parody the same products during the ANS run has me wondering whether the whole C&D thing from the 70's ever truly went away.  Seems like there are still many products that have yet to be spoofed in ANS, while others have been spoofed multiple times like never before.  It's become standard that Dunkin' Donuts is parodied at least once in every new series that comes out.  Most of them are good so it's by no means a complaint, but I do wonder about the C&D aspect...

Any threads on this that I may have missed?  I don't recall every seeing anything about how Topps has dealt with C&D issues, if there are still any, since the ANS run began nearly 10 years ago.

anything