Author Topic: Dry Mounted Wacky Packages  (Read 4771 times)

Offline blunoserz

Dry Mounted Wacky Packages
« on: April 17, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »
3rd times the charm maybe?   Keeps saying I double post when it wont upload the pic, but I cant find the post, so last try....this time without pics.

I have a 1979 set of wacky packages that is drymounted along with the box in poster size.  Stickers are overlaid so that no background shows, with several sets used to fill the board. I recieved this as a house warmjng present to a friend who had a locker next to mine in High School.   He recalled that my locker was likewise coverted in Wacky Packages and thought it a fitting gift.  Enjoyed it for 15 years and truth be told it gets more compliments then the Bev Doolittle print it hangs beside (and that cost me more then a grand!), but consider selling it to pay for my growing guitar and studio gear obsession and was trying to get a ballpark value if I did

Tried to upload pics, but server wont acept, even when I zip them up

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Dry Mounted Wacky Packages
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »
3rd times the charm maybe?   Keeps saying I double post when it wont upload the pic, but I cant find the post, so last try....this time without pics.

I have a 1979 set of wacky packages that is drymounted along with the box in poster size.  Stickers are overlaid so that no background shows, with several sets used to fill the board. I recieved this as a house warmjng present to a friend who had a locker next to mine in High School.   He recalled that my locker was likewise coverted in Wacky Packages and thought it a fitting gift.  Enjoyed it for 15 years and truth be told it gets more compliments then the Bev Doolittle print it hangs beside (and that cost me more then a grand!), but consider selling it to pay for my growing guitar and studio gear obsession and was trying to get a ballpark value if I did

What error are you getting? Are you clicking on the "add image to post" link above the text box? Try that and don't use the attach in the additional options below. The reason I disabled the attachment function is because my host provider is charging by the meg and it gets pretty expensive.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 08:58:30 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing a pic. of this.

Offline blunoserz

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 04:30:38 AM »
Yes, I was using the additional options to try and attach.   Will try it the other way now (new at this obviously.....and btw, sorry for posting in wrong place originally)

Here you go.....not the greatest pics, but you'll get the idea.  Had a few local offers to sell it, but looking to get an approx value before I decide if I want to part with it.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 04:47:36 AM »
To be honest with you there is no value to this. It's just a collage of stickers and the box. Some would consider it art. If you are happy with an offer you received I would take it.

Offline blunoserz

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 05:04:47 AM »
Appreciate the quick reply.  I'll contact my friend who gave it to me and see if I can find out what he originally paid to have it done, and make up my mind if I wanna part with it or not.  Its been a great conversation starter, so if it has no value, I'll likely just keep it hanging on the wall, and sell the Tall Boy Hockey card set to a local collector whos been hounding me for years for them instead.

Thanks again for the advice

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »

It's definitely not something everybody has....unless you count the Jaymar puzzle. I'd recommend keeping it for its sentimental value; that's certainly much higher than its monetary worth.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:58:13 PM by bigtomi »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 02:02:15 PM »

"Dry Mounted Wackys"

There's just got to be a gag in there somewhere

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »
"Dry Mounted Wackys"

There's just got to be a gag in there somewhere
LOL, I was thinking the same thing, I think we both have dirty minds....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline OrangeCrush

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 03:53:43 AM »
In all honesty, I would have liked it much better without the box.

anything