Author Topic: Wacky Packages Series 5 Postcards  (Read 48923 times)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

Re: Wacky Packages Series 5 Postcards
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »
Fat...ph phat any ideas what color can replace this pink?
Very kool an original post ,done all in INVISIBLE pink!@#$%^&*()
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2010, 09:58:34 AM »
I have found the opposite to be true as I was just offered three gaggin berries with berries and one without.  I traded for the gaggin berries with berries mainly because it was the coolest looking one and had a blurb, ie I would probably choose a blurb one over a berrie one.  I am calling it a day and not going to go out of my way to get a gaggin without berries as I don't feel the difference is enough to warrant a category.  If one falls my way via trades, I would trade for it because they are cool but not to "complete" my sketches.

If you are going to declare a category based on a berrie, then it seems there would be categories based on having a blurb or not so I am counting this all as variations of the Gaggin Category and booting the concept of Combo even though technically I own a combo now.

Ok, but what if the dog is wearing the Capn hat AND has the cereal berries?  That to me is a clear cut combo.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2010, 09:59:43 AM »
10 colored wander sketches!

Thanks Neil, that's about what I would have guessed.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2010, 06:18:44 PM »
Ok, but what if the dog is wearing the Capn hat AND has the cereal berries?  That to me is a clear cut combo.
If the need to have a category of combo exists, than that would be the best example but it is still a forced category.  Are we making a category for purple grabbers that are grabbing wacky titles as "original series" combos?  As far as I am concerned, these are all variation on the base category or at most are subcategories.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
If the need to have a category of combo exists, than that would be the best example but it is still a forced category.  Are we making a category for purple grabbers that are grabbing wacky titles as "original series" combos?  As far as I am concerned, these are all variation on the base category or at most are subcategories.

The combos were a little more clear cut in series 4 because you had the frog and cat in the art.  With series 5 I think there are "weak" combos and "strong" combos based on the art and text.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2010, 06:59:14 PM »
The combos were a little more clear cut in series 4 because you had the frog and cat in the art.  With series 5 I think there are "weak" combos and "strong" combos based on the art and text.
I think previous series having "combos" has lead us down this path for this series and I think it is a stretch.  I prefer either clear cut "characters from two cards" to be a combo, otherwise it ain't in my book.  My book ain't necessarily the same as other books, to each his own.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2010, 10:49:43 PM »
The combos were a little more clear cut in series 4 because you had the frog and cat in the art.  With series 5 I think there are "weak" combos and "strong" combos based on the art and text.
What was the final accepted list of combos in Series 4 and what were the approximate counts created of each?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:56:04 PM by bandaches »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2010, 11:02:22 AM »
What was the final accepted list of combos in Series 4 and what were the approximate counts created of each?

Ernie, I just posted quantities in the other postcard thread where you did the PDF spreadsheet.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2010, 06:08:08 PM »
Ernie, I just posted quantities in the other postcard thread where you did the PDF spreadsheet.

FYI - You can upload PDF's on this forum for people to download. Just make it an attachment.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »
FYI - You can upload PDF's on this forum for people to download. Just make it an attachment.

Which reminds me I really should update the Norm Saunders pdf some day.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2010, 07:06:42 PM »

Which reminds me I really should update the Norm Saunders pdf some day.

I thought it was complete. I must have the abridged addition :(
Yes, please do or link it to your site. We can post it in the Norm section.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2010, 08:38:46 PM »
I thought it was complete. I must have the abridged addition :(
Yes, please do or link it to your site. We can post it in the Norm section.

I believe there were a few installments that David added in the thread that I hadn't got too.  I really miss David's contributions.   I hope he gives this place a try.
Here are two Norman Saunders artworks coming up for auction on HA.com in May.  I'll add them and some others to the Norman Saunders thread.

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/817207839_BWJsy-X2.jpg[/expando]

[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/817208160_EXoRW-X2.jpg[/expando]

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Kook

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2010, 09:35:34 AM »
thanks! I'm still waiting to see if "Mr Preservative" surfaces. I had a lot of fun with that one!

Hi Neil,
I had previously posted a scan of my "Mr Preservative" sketch card in response to this post. I went to the Philly show yesterday, and a vendor had one too! Do you remember how many of these you did?
Thanks

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2010, 11:17:49 AM »
Hi Neil,
I had previously posted a scan of my "Mr Preservative" sketch card in response to this post. I went to the Philly show yesterday, and a vendor had one too! Do you remember how many of these you did?
Thanks
I saw that at the table next to the door, and was a little confused since I thought I had seen that one posted.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2010, 12:39:22 PM »
Hi Neil,
Thanks
You were there dude?  Did you stop by the wacky pack trading table at all?

Offline Kook

« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2010, 02:37:20 PM »
You were there dude?  Did you stop by the wacky pack trading table at all?

I walked by all the tables. I didn't find any tables that had a lot of wackies unless I missed something. I thought there would be a lot more wackies there though. I came by late in the afternoon & Topps was already out of the postcard binders on day 1.

Offline Kook

« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2010, 02:38:03 PM »
I saw that at the table next to the door, and was a little confused since I thought I had seen that one posted.
Exactly. I was surprised when I came across it!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2010, 03:27:09 PM »
I walked by all the tables. I didn't find any tables that had a lot of wackies unless I missed something. I thought there would be a lot more wackies there though. I came by late in the afternoon & Topps was already out of the postcard binders on day 1.
Outside the dealer's room, in front of the lunch counter, a bunch of Wacky collectors were gathered at the restaurant tables for trading, as well as 'show and tell.'  I left at about 3:30, sorry to have missed you!

The postcard binder stamp sheet is REALLY nice, and you should still be able to order that online.

Offline Kook

« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2010, 08:44:37 PM »
Outside the dealer's room, in front of the lunch counter, a bunch of Wacky collectors were gathered at the restaurant tables for trading, as well as 'show and tell.'  I left at about 3:30, sorry to have missed you!

The postcard binder stamp sheet is REALLY nice, and you should still be able to order that online.

I ended up being able to go last minute. I got there just about 3:20PM. I wish I knew about the trading table. I had a box full of stuff. Hopefully I'll have more time for the next one.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2010, 08:57:04 AM »
I ended up being able to go last minute. I got there just about 3:20PM. I wish I knew about the trading table. I had a box full of stuff. Hopefully I'll have more time for the next one.

Bill, sorry we missed you!  Next time talk to me before the show and we'll try to hook-up.  Most of us try to get there towards the beginning of the show.  I had to leave by 2pm so I'm not sure how long collectors were hanging around.

Offline Kook

« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2010, 10:18:20 AM »
Bill, sorry we missed you!  Next time talk to me before the show and we'll try to hook-up.  Most of us try to get there towards the beginning of the show.  I had to leave by 2pm so I'm not sure how long collectors were hanging around.

Hi Rob,
I will definitely contact you next time. I wasn't sure I could make it at all, but I was able to get there late in the day. I can see how a trading session would be the more valuable portion of the trip. Is the October show in the same place?

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »
Hi Rob,
I will definitely contact you next time. I wasn't sure I could make it at all, but I was able to get there late in the day. I can see how a trading session would be the more valuable portion of the trip. Is the October show in the same place?
Yes it is, I believe it has been there for years...See you in the fall!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2010, 02:44:36 PM »
Hi Rob,

Yes, they have been at the same location for several years now I believe.  To be honest I would say half the reason I go is to see fellow collectors, and the other half for potential items I need.  Being able to hang with nuts like me makes it worthwhile!

anything