Author Topic: Wacky Packages Series 5 Postcards  (Read 49280 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Wacky Packages Series 5 Postcards
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »
Did you go for a Stench Berries, Gaggin' and combo, or just a combo?

I have all 3, so 7 all together just like series 4.  The only one I haven't gone after is the colored Wander. I decided to keep my paramters in-line with my Old School sketches, so one example of the b&w's is fine. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2010, 04:35:06 PM »
I have all 3, so 7 all together just like series 4.  The only one I haven't gone after is the colored Wander. I decided to keep my paramters in-line with my Old School sketches, so one example of the b&w's is fine. 
I've only seen one or two color Wander sketches, but so far I prefer the b&w ones I've seen.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2010, 04:46:43 PM »
OK everyone, time to voice your opinion! Check out the poll above:

"How do you prefer sketch cards are done in future postcard series?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2010, 05:13:49 PM »
OK everyone, time to voice your opinion! Check out the poll above:

"How do you prefer sketch cards are done in future postcard series?
I'd prefer that each artist stick to one title.  Not that they all have to be the same sketch - I like the variety, and enjoy seeing what others get.  Full color, color accents, characters in different actions, poses, situations, whatever, that's great with me.  The various Kleptos, Tombs and Wanders are great.  And those variations can lead to trading all on their own.  But, IMHO, keeping it to 5 Wacky titles of equal quantities would be better in such a limited edition.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2010, 05:22:35 PM »
(although I'd love to get my hands on Dough-Boy!!)

With so many new forum names, I can't keep them all straight. Who did Dough-Boy used to be, BigTomi?  :]

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »
With so many new forum names, I can't keep them all straight. Who did Dough-Boy used to be, BigTomi?  :]
Smart aleck!

Where is your old avatar?  I really liked that one!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2010, 06:14:41 PM »
Smart aleck!

Where is your old avatar?  I really liked that one!

Yeah, I've got to get that one over here. I couldn't find it in my computer, and I thought a little change might be good. But I like that one better as well. (Someone here made it for me, but I can't remember who - maybe Patrick? Whoever it was, I appreciate it!)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
Here it is again Ernie, and I added quantities but the Smokin' Joe ones are estimates based on what he did last year.......

Klepto (w/pink) = 50
Tombs (b&w) = 50
Wander (b&w) = 40
Wander (colored) = (10, totally a guess)
Speed Lick (b&w) = 50
Stench Berries (b&w) = 22
Gaggin Strips (b&w) = 22
Gaggin' Berries (combo) = 6

You have basically confirmed my breakout from the above with a more detailed breakout.  I like you further breakout, thanks for providing again!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2010, 06:19:08 PM »
Yeah, I've got to get that one over here. I couldn't find it in my computer, and I thought a little change might be good. But I like that one better as well. (Someone here made it for me, but I can't remember who - maybe Patrick? Whoever it was, I appreciate it!)
Here's your avatar (I hope!):

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2010, 07:07:56 PM »
You have basically confirmed my breakout from the above with a more detailed breakout.  I like you further breakout, thanks for providing again!

That list looks pretty accurate!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2010, 07:39:18 PM »
I would say if it has the cereal pieces coming out of the dogs mouth that look just like the cereal in Stench Berries than it should be considered a combo.  Smokin Joe said he only did around 5 similar combos in series 4 and based on what we've seen in so far I wouldn't be surprised if he only did around 5 "Gaggin Berries" .  I love that term "Gaggin Berries"!  I think Elizabeth used it in an email and it works perfectly.

Maybe Neil can touch base with Joe and get approximations like we got for series 4.  
So a gaggin strips with one item that is shaped like the cereal balls from Stench Berries is a Combo??  I think we are streching the combo definitions here, I am not convinced it is worth a whole new category.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »
Here's your avatar (I hope!):

Thanks!

I'll try to change it now and give you a karma point for being so nice!

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »
Thanks!

Here is some good Karma for you!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2010, 01:46:34 AM »
Thanks!

Yep, now you look like you!

Thanks for the karma!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2010, 04:50:52 AM »

Maybe Neil can touch base with Joe and get approximations like we got for series 4.  

I'll try him today and see if he can give us more info. Stay tuned!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2010, 05:26:14 AM »
Here is some good Karma for you!!

Right back atcha!

Thanks to Pat, I feel like my old self now with the avatar change. It's like I was trying on a new pair of glasses (which usually results in either gales of laughter or shouts of "ewww!" from my loved ones).

Offline Kook

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »
thanks! I'm still waiting to see if "Mr Preservative" surfaces. I had a lot of fun with that one!

Here's your "Mr Preservative" along with the rest of my sketches

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2010, 02:17:59 PM »
Mr. Preservative is Awesome! Great assortment.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2010, 02:43:01 PM »
Nice Wormy-grab!!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2010, 05:27:15 PM »
This was my screw up from my sketch cards that I am keeping. It was supposed to be Truant he was grabbing, but it was too sloppy so I didn't send it in as one of my 50.

Here's another attempt to post Boozo. Great job on this one, I just love it:

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »
cool! Nice to see it again!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2010, 08:13:28 PM »
Here's the very Grinchy sketch that came with my limited postcard set.  :)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2010, 08:22:35 PM »
Wow, Christmas never comes too early - nice grab!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2010, 09:58:12 PM »
That pink Pepto...er Clepto hand sure gets around!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2010, 03:57:05 AM »
I would say if it has the cereal pieces coming out of the dogs mouth that look just like the cereal in Stench Berries than it should be considered a combo.  Smokin Joe said he only did around 5 similar combos in series 4 and based on what we've seen in so far I wouldn't be surprised if he only did around 5 "Gaggin Berries" .  I love that term "Gaggin Berries"!  I think Elizabeth used it in an email and it works perfectly.

Rob,

Here's what Smokin' Joe has to say about his sketchcards:

.. a pretty even split of Stench Berries to Gaggin'... although I did draw two gaggin' dogs with the Captain's hat and most of the Gaggin' dogs are spewing stench berries as they choke. I think that means most of the Gaggin' cards are combos, but the berries are mostly just berries.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2010, 08:08:25 AM »
Rob,

.. a pretty even split of Stench Berries to Gaggin'... although I did draw two gaggin' dogs with the Captain's hat and most of the Gaggin' dogs are spewing stench berries as they choke. I think that means most of the Gaggin' cards are combos, but the berries are mostly just berries.

Thanks, that helps.  It sounds like there are different levels of "combos".  Mine has the dog choking on the cereal and says "Gag Berries" so I consider it a combo.  Ernie has a good question regarding if the dog is choking on the cereal but there's no hat or bubble text with it, and if that can be considered a true combo title.  I would say as long as the cereal pieces look exactly like the cereal on the Stench art then it can be considered a combo, just not as strong as one with the hat or text referring to Stench Berries. 

The thing that confuses me is most of the Gaggin Berries I've seen do NOT have the cereal pieces, which contradicts what Joe is saying.   

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2010, 01:15:11 PM »
Rob,

Neil, sorry if I missed this but did you mention approximately how many of the Wanders you did in color?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2010, 03:08:21 PM »
Thanks, that helps.  It sounds like there are different levels of "combos".  Mine has the dog choking on the cereal and says "Gag Berries" so I consider it a combo.  Ernie has a good question regarding if the dog is choking on the cereal but there's no hat or bubble text with it, and if that can be considered a true combo title.  I would say as long as the cereal pieces look exactly like the cereal on the Stench art then it can be considered a combo, just not as strong as one with the hat or text referring to Stench Berries. 

The thing that confuses me is most of the Gaggin Berries I've seen do NOT have the cereal pieces, which contradicts what Joe is saying.   
I have found the opposite to be true as I was just offered three gaggin berries with berries and one without.  I traded for the gaggin berries with berries mainly because it was the coolest looking one and had a blurb, ie I would probably choose a blurb one over a berrie one.  I am calling it a day and not going to go out of my way to get a gaggin without berries as I don't feel the difference is enough to warrant a category.  If one falls my way via trades, I would trade for it because they are cool but not to "complete" my sketches.

If you are going to declare a category based on a berrie, then it seems there would be categories based on having a blurb or not so I am counting this all as variations of the Gaggin Category and booting the concept of Combo even though technically I own a combo now.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2010, 04:34:53 PM »
Neil, sorry if I missed this but did you mention approximately how many of the Wanders you did in color?

10 colored wander sketches!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2010, 04:46:47 PM »
10 colored wander sketches!
I gave the one I got(wander) to Anders [idiotcomic]
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2010, 06:00:41 PM »
I gave the one I got(wander) to Anders [idiotcomic]

Generous. I am sure he will be happy.
I should have never showed you how to use color in your posts. ;D

« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2010, 06:05:44 PM »
Thanks for the color, BTW Anders is a girl she likes to draw and paint
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2010, 06:09:11 PM »
I sure hope he does'nt make a habit out of it, I hate to be mean but...it's very annoying! :-X

"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »
Thanks for the color, BTW Anders is a girl she likes to draw and paint

Thanks for clearing that up. I would have never known. By the way the pink looks nice on you. :-*

« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2010, 10:11:30 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up. I would have never known. By the way the pink looks nice on you. :-*
Fat...ph phat any ideas what color can replace this pink?

anything