Author Topic: Wacky Packages Series 5 Postcards  (Read 48936 times)

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
Wacky Packages Series 5 Postcards
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:53:09 PM »
Here's a thread to talk about the new postcard set.  I just received mine today (#216 of 250).  Without even trying, I somehow managed to avoid seeing all of the titles in this set before getting them.  These really look fantastic.  I think it's my favorite postcard set to date.  The printing is superb.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
Re: Wacky Packages Series 5 Postcards
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:56:15 PM »
Got mine yesterday! They are truly AWESOME!!! ;D
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:08:09 PM »
Got my two pockets sleeves today and put Series 1 - 5 Limited Postcards in them for proper display. Series Five is very well done. I got the Cat Sketch Card which is very nice.

DrDeal

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 02:28:15 PM »
When series 5 of the postcards were put up for sale, I went ahead and purchased the regular editions of series 2 through 5.  I must say that I am very pleased with these.  I like them all a lot.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »
Who were you on the other forum?  I love the Sue Mee Avatar you have.  If that is any indication of Oldschool2, it will be an amazing series.  I do love the series 5 post cards.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 05:16:30 PM »
I totaly agree! Series #2 is gonna ROCK!!! 8)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:56:59 PM »
Got my two pockets sleeves today and put Series 1 - 5 Limited Postcards in them for proper display. Series Five is very well done. I got the Cat Sketch Card which is very nice.

DrDeal
What is the best deal that people have found on the 2 pocket pages? I figured I better ask DrDEAL!

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 07:55:29 PM »
I was shocked to get Number 006  :D It would have been better 007  :P

Choke_Wagon

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:47:37 PM »
I am looking to aquire sketches I am missing from Post Card set. I have Wander Bread, Engstrom Cat and Kirscht.  Need any others.  Have extra Wanderbreads to trade.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 01:17:34 AM »
Who were you on the other forum?  I love the Sue Mee Avatar you have.  If that is any indication of Oldschool2, it will be an amazing series.  I do love the series 5 post cards.

I was midaswelby and then demonhead and have now settled on Sue Mee... A Boy Name Sue Mee.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline wackyman

• ^ GOD is spelled wrong, should say DEVIL ^
    • World Of Wackies
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 12:06:19 PM »
What is the best deal that people have found on the 2 pocket pages? I figured I better ask DrDEAL!

Not actually a 2 pocket BUT, if you'd be happy with 4 pocket pages Marchant carries BCW's stuff (and actually cheaper then buying directly from BCW lol)

http://www.marchantcards.com/cgi-bin/Cards/3872.html  4 sheets for $1.00

http://www.marchantcards.com/cgi-bin/Cards/3871.html 100 sheets for $15.00

From the description of the product:

(BCW - BASEBALL CARD WORLD) THESE SHEETS HOLD POSTCARD SIZE ITEMS APPROX. 3-1/2"X5-1/2". ARCHIVAL QUALITY, NO PVC, ACID FREE, PROVIDES UV PROTECTION, LAYS FLAT, SUPER STRONG, HIGHEST CLARITY, MADE IN THE U.S.A.

and just for S&G here's the info for the same item from the creator....

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/Postcard-pages-and-sleeves/Pro-4-Pocket-Page.htm

price for 4  = $1.04
price for 100 = $20.00

WM

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 05:22:06 PM »
Got my postcards today. Very nice set! All the artists did a fabulous job as usual.

For those who might not have received them yet, I'll put my individual postcard comments/review in a spoiler thingie below:
[spoiler]
Stench Berries - Love how colorful this one is. The little stenchies are so cool - I love Wackys where the product themselves are little monster type creatures.

Klepto - Great color on this one too. Love the concept of the pink grabbing hand.

Wander - Funny concept. Love the Wonder logo color dots incorporated as toes in the Wander logo. The guy is too funny in his polka dot shorts! Oh and I love Mark's cartoon (color rough?) version also. Hope to see more of those in future sets.

Taco Bill - made me laugh! The combination of the duck (who looks very familiar by the way) and the gunk in the product's beak is great.

Tombs' - Love the packaging - the cello looks nice, as does the fine detailing of the caskets' wood grain.

Speed Lick - Love the cat! Funny Wacky.

Gaggin' - Another wild and colorful one. Like the play on "Purina" (pure-reflex) and it's logo.

Glad to see the small Wacky size versions of the postcards included in the set again.
[/spoiler]

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 05:49:28 PM »
AWESOME!!! :o

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »
That is Neil's Best Wander sketch I have seen so far! Awesome!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »
I was shocked to get Number 006  :D It would have been better 007  :P

Choke_Wagon

My lowest was #10, the Tombs sketch I posted, I wonder who has #1?
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 05:56:19 PM »
I agree! Poll please...LOL!!! ::)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 07:01:51 PM »
My lowest was #10, the Tombs sketch I posted, I wonder who has #1?

I have the last one, #250.  Not as cool as #1 but kind of neat.  It's a Tombs.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »
I wanted to test out posting a pic so here are my keeper sketches.  Notice the "Gaggin Berries" combo at the bottom (thanks to Elizabeth)………...

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 07:30:40 PM »
Nice assortment of sketches Rob! 

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 07:49:22 PM »
I love the butter sketches on tombs, my friend has one too.

I have a gaggin berries on the way to me that will go in my keeper pile.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 08:24:21 PM »
I was originally hoping for a Speed Lick cat, but was very happy to get Dough Boy.

Anyone have an extra Speed Lick cat sketch to sell? I don't have another postcard sketch to trade though, as I only bought one LE set.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 08:37:09 PM »
Not to sell sorry. :(

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 08:51:30 PM »
Got my postcards today. Very nice set! All the artists did a fabulous job as usual.

For those who might not have received them yet, I'll put my individual postcard comments/review in a spoiler thingie below:
[spoiler]
Stench Berries - Love how colorful this one is. The little stenchies are so cool - I love Wackys where the product themselves are little monster type creatures.

Klepto - Great color on this one too. Love the concept of the pink grabbing hand.

Wander - Funny concept. Love the Wonder logo color dots incorporated as toes in the Wander logo. The guy is too funny in his polka dot shorts! Oh and I love Mark's cartoon (color rough?) version also. Hope to see more of those in future sets.

Taco Bill - made me laugh! The combination of the duck (who looks very familiar by the way) and the gunk in the product's beak is great.

Tombs' - Love the packaging - the cello looks nice, as does the fine detailing of the caskets' wood grain.

Speed Lick - Love the cat! Funny Wacky.

Gaggin' - Another wild and colorful one. Like the play on "Purina" (pure-reflex) and it's logo.

Glad to see the small Wacky size versions of the postcards included in the set again.
[/spoiler]

Nice job with the spoilers. I knew you guys would get the hang of this quick. The first day is like walking into a new school now you are starting to feel like Juniors and next week you will all have graduated.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »
Nice job with the spoilers. I knew you guys would get the hang of this quick. The first day is like walking into a new school now you are starting to feel like Juniors and next week you will all have graduated.

I just hope people will know to push that spoiler button so they can read my postcard reviews    ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »
I just hope people will know to push that spoiler button so they can read my postcard reviews    ;)

It's natural instinct. If there is a button people will push it. Give your fellow forum members some credit  ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:00:35 PM by BumChex »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 09:04:35 PM »
I was originally hoping for a Speed Lick cat, but was very happy to get Dough Boy.

Anyone have an extra Speed Lick cat sketch to sell? I don't have another postcard sketch to trade though, as I only bought one LE set.

I assume you don't want to trade your Wander bread for Speedlick cat?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 09:05:03 PM »
This was my screw up from my sketch cards that I am keeping. It was supposed to be Truant he was grabbing, but it was too sloppy so I didn't send it in as one of my 50.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 09:54:55 PM »
I assume you don't want to trade your Wander bread for Speedlick cat?

Sorry no, I am really diggin' the Dough Boy.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 04:23:17 AM »
Sorry no, I am really diggin' the Dough Boy.

That Dough Boy is COOL!!

I'm really digging my "Days of Our Loaves" sketch, wouldn't trade that for anything.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 06:24:16 AM »
thanks! I'm still waiting to see if "Mr Preservative" surfaces. I had a lot of fun with that one!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 07:07:21 AM »
This was my screw up from my sketch cards that I am keeping. It was supposed to be Truant he was grabbing, but it was too sloppy so I didn't send it in as one of my 50.

(Image removed from quote.)

Hey Matt, did you do any of your Klepto sketches that have the guy getting money pick-pocketed like on the postcard art or are they all unique items on the sketches?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27:34 AM »
Hey Matt, did you do any of your Klepto sketches that have the guy getting money pick-pocketed like on the postcard art or are they all unique items on the sketches?

sounds great!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 07:32:08 AM »
sounds great!

The question sounds good?…………….so is that a yes? 

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 07:32:28 AM »
sounds great!

I did a few with Human characters, but none directly from the card. I wanted it to be a continuing story, and since his exploits of pick pocketing the guy on the card were already documented, I wanted to come up with 50 other scenarios.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 07:33:12 AM »
Sorry Dr. Popper, that "Sound great" was a response to Neil about his other sketch.