Author Topic: 2013 Spring Allentown (Philly) show on May 4th and 5th  (Read 56134 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
RE: 2013 Spring Allentown (Philly) show on May 4th and 5th
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »
I can't imagine there are really a lot of cards people still need. Are you guys looking for upgrades?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2013, 07:25:43 PM »
Ok, it sounds like we have a solution to the issue, although it's only temporary.  This is from Roxanne............

Hi Rob,

I know there would be coming and going from the table which is fine. You should just try to limit the people at the tables to those there are enough chairs for. I don’t want standing around and crowding the aisles which would make it hard for collectors to get to the neighboring tables. A couple of people standing there would be ok.

I have to send in the table layout so I’m assigning these two tables for you guys. When you enter the room, the tables will be to the right in the front corner. It just so happens there were a couple of cancellations so I am able to do this but it will probably be a one-time thing. Don’t forget, it’s only for Saturday—the day most of you come anyway.

Roxanne

I appreciate her making the effort to arrange the accommodations for us.  Hope I can go this time.

Online Soremel

« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2013, 12:03:12 AM »
Don't we also have a bit of space at George Wright's table, too? I bet George wouldn't mind having a couple folks gather 'round his space to do some dealin'...this at least gives us a little more "elbow room".

Sounds good to me!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2013, 06:26:47 PM »
I can't imagine there are really a lot of cards people still need. Are you guys looking for upgrades?

Speaking for myself, I attend these shows year after year just so I can hang out with everyone, My wants are mostly tied to the newer stuff, But I feel that soon in the near future I'll be able to afford the vintage material again. I do some trading while I'm there.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2013, 06:28:15 PM »
I appreciate her making the effort to arrange the accommodations for us.  Hope I can go this time.

I'm hoping you can make the show next week.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2013, 06:31:57 PM »
Sounds good to me!

Yeah Dude, Hanging out with the Sore Mel Man, Sounds like a good idea to me.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »

Yeah Dude, Hanging out with the Sore Mel Man, Sounds like a good idea to me.

For those coming to the show next week, My wants from ans 10 include blacks, blues, reds, and a few of the asot. Also need these 5 erasers from ser 1 to complete another set:

Capn, Lapton, Mice Krispies, Sneez-It, and Just/Wolfmen. Looking forward to seeing all who attend and getting these sets completed.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2013, 06:28:31 PM »

For those coming to the show next week, My wants from ans 10 include blacks, blues, reds, and a few of the asot. Also need these 5 erasers from ser 1 to complete another set:

Capn, Lapton, Mice Krispies, Sneez-It, and Just/Wolfmen. Looking forward to seeing all who attend and getting these sets completed.

Hi Mark, just got your message from the other day and sorry to say that I cant go Saturday to the show  :'(, possibly Sunday, but I hear that Sunday is usually a waste cuz everything is used up bought up and  traded by then. Gotta work.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2013, 08:41:56 PM »
Hi Mark, just got your message from the other day and sorry to say that I cant go Saturday to the show  :'(, possibly Sunday, but I hear that Sunday is usually a waste cuz everything is used up bought up and  traded by then. Gotta work.

Hey Jeff, Sorry to hear you can't make it on Sat. If you do get the chance to go on Sun. I wish you good luck in whatever your looking for, Hopefully we can hook up for the show in the fall.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2013, 09:02:28 PM »

Don’t forget, Sunday is Cinco de Mayo. There could be a piñata, filled with erasers or something!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2013, 08:44:25 AM »
Nice !   ;D
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »
Nice !   ;D

I guess, technically, Tabasco sauce is not featured in most Cinco de Mayo celebrations

If the show was being held over in Atlantic City, you might be able to light up an El Polluto …

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
Such a soiree must command a large price tag to enter? Confirm or deny.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
Such a soiree must command a large price tag to enter? Confirm or deny.

The price is very reasonable, One day is like $5 or $6, For both Sat/Sun. the 2 day pass is I believe $8

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2013, 04:45:58 PM »
If anyone is looking for anything specific, post here and if I have, I'll drag it with me. Will be doing my standard 1-16 extras and maybe a couple of other things. If Matt does come, my extras will fade into the background, lol...looking forward to seeing everyone!

Online Soremel

« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2013, 05:11:59 PM »
If anyone is looking for anything specific, post here and if I have, I'll drag it with me. Will be doing my standard 1-16 extras and maybe a couple of other things. If Matt does come, my extras will fade into the background, lol...looking forward to seeing everyone!

Do you have any NM-MT 16ths for trade or sale? I am bringing some 16th singles to trade for other 16ths. I do not know the titles I'm looking for off the top of my head (I'm at work!) but I'll have the singles and my needs list at the show.

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2013, 03:06:51 AM »
me and the boy cant wait for Saturday and look forward to meeting you guys !!!  although I will be missing sleeping Saturday , especially after this 60 hour week, sleepin on sunday like im in a coma!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2013, 09:21:19 AM »
Do you have any NM-MT 16ths for trade or sale? I am bringing some 16th singles to trade for other 16ths. I do not know the titles I'm looking for off the top of my head (I'm at work!) but I'll have the singles and my needs list at the show.
Wish I did, George, but I've only had a handful of 16th extras in my life and none right now. Sorry. If Matt comes (and he's supposed to), check with him.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »

Hey Shioe,  I got your call the other day.  I have been out and away a lot!  I, unfortunately, will not be able to make the show again this spring.  it has been way too long since I made a show.  Hopefully my schedule will lighten up and I can get there in october.

The price is very reasonable, One day is like $5 or $6, For both Sat/Sun. the 2 day pass is I believe $8
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2013, 12:19:35 PM »

Sorry to hear this Bill, It has been quite a while since I saw you last at a show, I believe the last one we got together at was the one in Mt. Laurel. Hope you can make the fall one.

Offline Stingline

« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2013, 06:48:48 PM »
I'm looking forward to meeting people tomorrow. We had a blast this afternoon at Pinfest at the fair grounds, probably a couple hundred machines in the free play area. Lots of 60s EM and plenty of newer stuff. The only disappointment was only one Addams Family table and it had a wonky left flipper. There was one vendor selling uncut Wacky series 1 reprint sheets for $25

Anyhow, I vacillated on bringing my extras since most 1-16 are not high grade, but I threw them in the car anyhow. I have some ANS extras, including a lot of ANS 10 stuff, but nothing special.

Cheers.

Paul

« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2013, 04:26:55 AM »
the day has finally arrived !  me and the boy will be there around 11,see you guys there.

ill be wearing my devils jersey (even though they totally sucked this year!!).

Ray

Online Soremel

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2013, 04:33:57 AM »
the day has finally arrived !  me and the boy will be there around 11,see you guys there.

ill be wearing my devils jersey (even though they totally sucked this year!!).

Ray

Hey Ray!

See you there! (I'll be the skinny bald guy with a table, selling nothing, just babbling endlessly about Wacky Packages!)

George
(a/k.a Soremel!)

« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2013, 04:46:31 AM »
Hey Ray!

See you there! (I'll be the skinny bald guy with a table, selling nothing, just babbling endlessly about Wacky Packages!)

George
(a/k.a Soremel!)

see ya there !

Offline Final Step

« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2013, 05:12:04 AM »

Hey Jeff, Sorry to hear you can't make it on Sat. If you do get the chance to go on Sun. I wish you good luck in whatever your looking for, Hopefully we can hook up for the show in the fall.

Not going today, see you in the Fall. Not feeling well. De-Mented Tomatoes

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2013, 09:15:20 AM »
SO, How is the show ?

Online Soremel

Re: RE: 2013 Spring Allentown (Philly) show on May 4th and 5th
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2013, 04:00:11 PM »
SO, How is the show ?

It's kind of hard for me to comment on the full scope of the show, since I was pretty much anchored to my table for the duration, but from what I could see, it looked well attended by forum members. The "Wacky Packages Table" that Roxanne reserved for trading was the Wacky hot spot. A lot of action there!

To the amazement of many, our good friend Andy Herrman (Ditch Masters) was at the show! It was great to chat with him and catch up on stuff. I got to meet a few forum members for the first time.

Dave Schmidt (Paul Maul) had, in my opinion, the coolest Wacky moment ever! I don't want to steal his thunder, so hopefully he'll elaborate on that event!

Can't wait until tomorrow!

Offline Quackeroats

Re: 2013 Spring Allentown (Philly) show on May 4th and 5th
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
Show was awesome, took my 6 year old and he enjoyed it immensely. He would not stop talking about his day and special card. Thanks George!

Offline 10Zig

« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2013, 06:21:03 PM »
My first Philly show! Got to sit at the Wacky table, bought a few stickers and had some questions answered...thanks guys!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »

Dave Schmidt (Paul Maul) had, in my opinion, the coolest Wacky moment ever! I don't want to steal his thunder, so hopefully he'll elaborate on that event!

A dealer at the show (imapackman from ebay) had two 7th gumless unopened packs at his table which he sold me for $15 total. I bought them to open for fun because they were cheap, and I thought I might score some nice sticker. Inside the first pack was this:

Lucky enough to get a Grime Heavy at all, but this one has perfect centering, perfect corners, no roller marks....not super white, but I guess I can't complain!

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »
A dealer at the show (imapackman from ebay) had two 7th gumless unopened packs at his table which he sold me for $15 total. I bought them to open for fun because they were cheap, and I thought I might score some nice sticker. Inside the first pack was this:

(Image removed from quote.)

Lucky enough to get a Grime Heavy at all, but this one has perfect centering, perfect corners, no roller marks....not super white, but I guess I can't complain!

Congrats!! That's pretty awesome Dave... You always seem to have good luck in finding the packs at the show.  It wasn't but a just couple of years ago when you found a few 16th Series packs, and one happened to have a Scott N/C shinning through the back.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2013, 10:12:09 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

That's a sweet sticker!  Congratulations!!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2013, 10:22:23 PM »
That is probably one of the most centered Grime Heavy I have ever seen. WOW! What a pull!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2013, 04:01:51 AM »
Great time at the show,  it was nice to put a face to all of the names.  Saw some really cool original art.  Traded and purchased lots of wackys (still no #9 or #33 gold).  Over all great time and was worth the 800 miles Lynda and I drove to get there. 

Online Soremel

« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2013, 04:33:45 AM »
Show was awesome, took my 6 year old and he enjoyed it immensely. He would not stop talking about his day and special card. Thanks George!

You guys are more than welcome! Actually, I want to thank you for bringing your son! That little guy is a powerhouse of Wacky Pack info! I could of chatted with him all day! I hope you all can come to future shows! Stay WACKY!!

anything