Author Topic: Postcard Series 9 LARGE Sketch Cards  (Read 5238 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Postcard Series 9 LARGE Sketch Cards
« on: June 29, 2013, 03:23:44 AM »
I don't know what it is about the postcards, but I always feel like playing detective so I'll have details for the ever-increasing master list.  I have a theory that the large postcards all have very high numbers, and I'm trying to save images of what turns up, and noting the corresponding number.  If my theory holds up, we should be able to get an idea of how many of the large sketches were put in packs.  So, if you were lucky enough to pull one, please chime in!  If you prefer not to post your pulls publicly, I'd appreciate a PM with a scan and a number, so we can put all of these in this thread for reference and enjoyment.

Number 338 (Engstrom/Smokin' Joe Combo):

Number 339 (Joe Simko):

Number 340 (David Gross):

Number 341 (Smokin' Joe):

Number 342 (Engstrom/Simko Combo):

Number 343 (Smokin' Joe):

Number 345 (Engstrom/Smokin' Joe Combo):

Number 346 (Camera):

Number 348 (David Gross):

Unknown Number (Camera/Kirscht Combo):

Unknown Number (Camera/Kirscht Combo):

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:31:18 AM by RawGoo »

Offline HENRY.R

Re: Postcard Series 9 LARGE Sketch Cards
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »

#339 I believe your right on this subject. Henry ;D

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 02:16:22 PM »

#339 I believe your right on this subject. Henry ;D
What's the highest number regular size sketch card found so far?  I saw #329 on ebay.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 02:18:47 PM by RawGoo »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 03:58:25 AM »
I've added a couple from ebay to the first post, for a total so far of 8 large sketches.  The last one I don't know the number for, but all the others are between 338 and 350.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 09:44:17 AM »
One of the auctions said there are 20 large sketches. I think you nailed it with the high numbers.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
One of the auctions said there are 20 large sketches. I think you nailed it with the high numbers.

I just added number 341 (thanks again for the spot there Fool-Aid!!), which makes 9 so far.  And, I kind of have a feeling the auction you refer to that mentions 20 large sketches was using this thread as research, so I'm not taking that as corroboration.  People sometimes use pieces of the master list in their auctions, too.

I'm pretty much convinced about the high numbers, but am still wondering about 330-337.  The highest regular sketch I've seen was 329, but many auctions don't list numbers, and it's quite possible that the large ones don't start as low as 330 or 331.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:09:05 AM by RawGoo »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 02:12:59 PM »
I just added number 341 (thanks again for the spot there Fool-Aid!!), which makes 9 so far.  And, I kind of have a feeling the auction you refer to that mentions 20 large sketches was using this thread as research, so I'm not taking that as corroboration.  People sometimes use pieces of the master list in their auctions, too.

I'm pretty much convinced about the high numbers, but am still wondering about 330-337.  The highest regular sketch I've seen was 329, but many auctions don't list numbers, and it's quite possible that the large ones don't start as low as 330 or 331.

Here's another combo!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 06:11:51 PM »

Ill have to check when I get home but I don't believe I pulled a sketch higher than 150.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 06:12:56 PM »
Here's another combo!

You sneaky guy! Putting in an original series character who'll all the others are PC only. Nice!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 06:32:41 PM »
You sneaky guy! Putting in an original series character who'll all the others are PC only. Nice!
gotta pay tribute to the PC1 set, the one that started it all

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 03:04:37 AM »
Here's another combo!

That's great!  I love how you and Matthew Kirscht worked Weaky Packages together with Game of Lice, and I agree with Patrick, having a PC1 character is wonderful.  Don't suppose you know what number it is, or you'd have said so.   :sad:

I've been wondering about how you guys managed these cool combos.  Did you plan out the sketch first online, and then one did their part and shipped it to the other for completion?  Or did you actually meet up to create these?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:07:01 AM by RawGoo »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 06:09:58 AM »
gotta pay tribute to the PC1 set, the one that started it all

You're right. I totally forgot about PC1.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 06:28:57 AM »
Don't suppose you know what number it is, or you'd have said so.   :sad:

Unfortunately, I don't know the number...but maybe it'll show up on ebay someday.

I've been wondering about how you guys managed these cool combos.

Very little planning and lots of luck!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »
Actually, i did the lice and left the rest blank, and neil added the weaky packages part. On our other combo, he did the rex and an empty thought bubble and left the rest blank, so i added the croc and text.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
Actually, i did the lice and left the rest blank, and neil added the weaky packages part. On our other combo, he did the rex and an empty thought bubble and left the rest blank, so i added the croc and text.

Thanks for the info, and all the cool sketches!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:13:05 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »
My pleasure!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 03:56:08 AM »
I added #346 to the first post in this thread, which makes 11 large sketches known so far.  Anyone have another to add, or numbers for the last two pictured?

How about a regular size sketch numbered higher than 329?

Been meaning to say thanks to people who sell on ebay who have been listing sketch numbers in their auctions, it helps a lot with this.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:36:57 AM by RawGoo »