Author Topic: WACKY TRIVIA  (Read 45243 times)

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: WACKY TRIVIA
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2010, 01:43:13 PM »
Brent Engstrom wove some product parodies into his later ANS GPKs, like a "Barfasol" shaving cream kid and a "Speed Lick" deodorant kid.
I pulled this last week! I was stoked. I hadn't seen it. It will go up with Rob Slob and Rodent Rob (which I just got in the mail from Mark Pupsi yesterday!)
I don't have access to a scanner right now, so I'm left to "borrow" this from GPK Monster.
[expando]http://www.gpkmonster.com/images/ans7_9b.jpg[/expando]

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »
"SPQR is an initialism from a Latin phrase, Senatus Populusque Romanus ("The Senate and the People of Rome"), referring to the government of the ancient Roman Republic, and used as an official signature of the government"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPQR

Gurgle, Glad to know that...I used to be an avid (or rabid) MAD magazine reader and any time Sergio Aragones had a group of Romans in any of those terrific little cartoons used to fill spaces and borders around the mag, there would always be a SPQR sign. I grew up knowing this was synonymous with Romans but did not know why,
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »
Catching up on old threads here, this seems like one we would have had going constantly in the old days.  I guess we were all in denial of our Wacky nerd-dome, but somehow all this trivia an minutia (as Paul always called it) was fun somehow.  I remember putting together elaborate lists of trivia questions with prizes, etc.  I guess the "Kookaid" makes one crazy.  (guzzle guzzle...)  Uh-oh...  Here it comes...  Wacky info spewing out like barf...

#01.  What is the only series 1-16 series sticker to have a typo in the copyright?

#02.  What is the only title in the 1985 series painted by Norm Saunders?

#03.  Who published the first "Lost Wackys"?

#04.  Original series 1 thru 10, what is the ONLY puzzle with NO anomalies?  (e.g. variations, interchangeable pieces, etc.)

#05.  There are many 1-16 wackys depicting live pigs.  Which sticker depicts a dead one?

#06.  If the maker of Wacky Ad #25 hated licorice but wanted to use the same product line, what would the new gag be?

#07.  Where is the original art to "Hostile Thinkies"  (...This I just want to know. Everyone gets a point either way)

#08.  What company manufactured the wooden Wacky "placks"?  (an easy one so you don't give up)

#09.  What is the only Wacky art pictured in the 1989 Guernsey auction catalog that was not actually auctioned?

#10.  Why do I have a torn chunk of a "Bone Ami" sticker in my collection?  (get this one and you really know your stuff!)

There are probably only 10 people who could get all 10 right (...well, 9 right.  If you actually know #7, I'm all ears).  If you started with the ANS series or weren't around in the 90s, it won't make a bit of sense.  Sorry.  I'm even shocked that I remembered this stuff.  Haven't thought of any of it for a long long time.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2012, 04:37:14 PM »
Senatus Populus QUI Romanius!  QUI!  don't forget the QUI! 

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
As for the Burpsi, Poopsie, Pupsi question...  You forget.  In those days burping was a natural healty thing.  Cola was fine for babies (see the link below), but feeding your dog cola was a dangerous no no!      http://scientificenquirer.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/its-never-too-soon-to-give-your-baby-cola-not.jpg

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »
Catching up on old threads here, this seems like one we would have had going constantly in the old days.  I guess we were all in denial of our Wacky nerd-dome, but somehow all this trivia an minutia (as Paul always called it) was fun somehow.  I remember putting together elaborate lists of trivia questions with prizes, etc.  I guess the "Kookaid" makes one crazy.  (guzzle guzzle...)  Uh-oh...  Here it comes...  Wacky info spewing out like barf...

#01.  What is the only series 1-16 series sticker to have a typo in the copyright? - Flare Pen

#02.  What is the only title in the 1985 series painted by Norm Saunders? - Snoot

#03.  Who published the first "Lost Wackys"? - Duane Dimmock

#04.  Original series 1 thru 10, what is the ONLY puzzle with NO anomalies?  (e.g. variations, interchangeable pieces, etc.) - Series 9

#05.  There are many 1-16 wackys depicting live pigs.  Which sticker depicts a dead one? - Pigtionary (but it is 1991)

#06.  If the maker of Wacky Ad #25 hated licorice but wanted to use the same product line, what would the new gag be? - Mike & Eeek

#07.  Where is the original art to "Hostile Thinkies"  (...This I just want to know. Everyone gets a point either way) - an East Coast Collector

#08.  What company manufactured the wooden Wacky "placks"?  (an easy one so you don't give up) - Wallace Berrie Co.

#09.  What is the only Wacky art pictured in the 1989 Guernsey auction catalog that was not actually auctioned? - Chumps?

#10.  Why do I have a torn chunk of a "Bone Ami" sticker in my collection?  (get this one and you really know your stuff!)
- It is from an uncut sheet and has an anomally associated with it?

There are probably only 10 people who could get all 10 right (...well, 9 right.  If you actually know #7, I'm all ears).  If you started with the ANS series or weren't around in the 90s, it won't make a bit of sense.  Sorry.  I'm even shocked that I remembered this stuff.  Haven't thought of any of it for a long long time.

Welcome back Scott... good to see you posting on the Forum after a long sabbatical.. :o)
I tried to answer the questions (above), but probably only scored 70%.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2020, 11:30:09 AM »
Let's revive this thread!

#01. Which checklist misspells "Mrs. Klean" as "Mrs. Kleen"?

#02. Which color of pack from 1973-1976 could you actually see the yellow on the Mrs. Klean bottle?

#03. Which original packs had "Fink" on them?

#04. When did the short Hawaiian Punk get a new left hand?

#05. Who painted the Wacky Ads?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2020, 11:56:05 AM »
Let's revive this thread!

#01. Which checklist misspells "Mrs. Klean" as "Mrs. Kleen"?

#02. Which color of pack from 1973-1976 could you actually see the yellow on the Mrs. Klean bottle?

#03. Which original packs had "Fink" on them?

#04. When did the short Hawaiian Punk get a new left hand?

#05. Who painted the Wacky Ads?

1. Cloth Series Checklist

2. 1st/2nd/3rd red pack

3. OPC

4. 1977 Shedds

5. Tom Sutton

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2020, 01:46:50 PM »
Okay, all correct... let's try to make it more difficult...

#06. Which original series title had a rooster on it? (Only one answer)

#07. Which is the rarest original OPC title, out of any series?

#08. How did the title "Long Line Beer" change between the Irish Test and normal Irish Series versions?

#09. What box was used for the Irish Test series?

#10. Which 10th Series title has a copyright variation?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2020, 02:32:17 PM »

#08. How did the title "Long Line Beer" change between the Irish Test and normal Irish Series versions?

6. Quake n Ache

9. An inside out Black Hole Box!

Don’t know 7 and 8, and I don’t remember ever hearing about a 10th series copyright variation...but the old memory is getting a bit spotty!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2020, 03:18:20 PM »

6 - White Fowl
7 - ?
8 -W.C. Above the door was removed
9 - Black Hole card set sheet, puzzle portion
10 - only thing I recall is the Scary Jane copyright location differences

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2020, 03:52:32 PM »
6 - White Fowl
7 - ?
8 -W.C. Above the door was removed
9 - Black Hole card set sheet, puzzle portion
10 - only thing I recall is the Scary Jane copyright location differences

Can you remind me about Scary Jane? I don’t recall that.

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2020, 04:39:17 PM »
Can you remind me about Scary Jane? I don’t recall that.
I recall someone pointing out that it could be found with the copyright being closer or farther from the wacky by 1/8” or so

here's a screen grab of Scary from Greg's site and Rusty's site, which just happened to have the two of them

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 04:50:14 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2020, 05:05:34 PM »
Yes, Scary Jane was the answer. The rooster one was supposed to be “Earth Barn”, per the Wacky Packages Phylum on Greg’s site - but the validity may be spotty. So, looks like one answer has surprisingly stumped people, unless it was poorly worded or just a mistaken question/answer as a whole... I’ll give some more time for #7 before I give the answer.

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2020, 05:30:19 PM »
Yes, Scary Jane was the answer. The rooster one was supposed to be “Earth Barn”, per the Wacky Packages Phylum on Greg’s site - but the validity may be spotty. So, looks like one answer has surprisingly stumped people, unless it was poorly worded or just a mistaken question/answer as a whole... I’ll give some more time for #7 before I give the answer.
Earth Barn? do metal weather vanes even count as an animal?
after looking, there are quite a few roosters out there, not just one

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2020, 05:41:50 PM »
Earth Barn? do metal weather vanes even count as an animal?
after looking, there are quite a few roosters out there, not just one
The recently reviewed Canquit chicken pot pie is clearly a rooster.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2020, 02:13:36 AM »
Yeah, here's to believing other people's info! I figured all of the other ones were classified as chickens rather than roosters but that doesn't make sense looking at the titles mentioned... and his site also miraculously went down overnight, interestingly.

Either way, I am still pretty confident that there's an actual answer to the rarest OPC title, and if not I'll just resort to the dunce hat and sit in the corner.

Offline drono

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2020, 11:21:38 AM »
3rd tan Sledge?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2020, 11:29:54 AM »

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2020, 12:33:39 AM »
Wow... cool to see this one revived.  I went back to my 10 questions and could barely answer them myself after 8 years of unWackyness.  By now, I'm sure #7 is hopefully different.  I'm guessing 90% of all Wacky art is in the hands of maybe 3 people now.  All the good titles with Saunders characters anyway.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2020, 06:18:37 AM »
Not to be morbid, but who died from our forum? I looked back before this thread was revived, and saw posts from people like Bum Chex and Playbug, and some of those people have not posted here in a long long time. I assume they died because why wouldn't they still post? Once a Wacky fan....always a Wacky fan!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2020, 06:37:52 AM »
Not to be morbid, but who died from our forum? I looked back before this thread was revived, and saw posts from people like Bum Chex and Playbug, and some of those people have not posted here in a long long time. I assume they died because why wouldn't they still post? Once a Wacky fan....always a Wacky fan!

Geez... that's a brash assumption. I was pretty inactive from late last year until June, that doesn't mean I died. Other things might have come up in life, or their interests may have changed.

I know "Head and Boulders" was a user who passed from a car accident, not sure of anyone else. Not the most fun subject...

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2020, 06:39:37 AM »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2020, 06:41:26 AM »
Based on what?

The 3rd Series OPC Sledge tan is considerably rarer than any of the tans from that series, and the tans are considerably rarer than the whites. As I said, I could be mistaken, but I have been under the assumption that the tan sledge is the rarest original series OPC title.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2020, 07:34:24 AM »
Geez... that's a brash assumption. I was pretty inactive from late last year until June, that doesn't mean I died. Other things might have come up in life, or their interests may have changed.

I know "Head and Boulders" was a user who passed from a car accident, not sure of anyone else. Not the most fun subject...

How else was I suppose to ask?! I didn't want to start a new thread on the subject either. I wasn't offensive in my inquiry. I always wanted to know, since I've seen posts from many members over the years in our forum and Greg's forum that I don't see anymore. I know some people leave the hobby for other interests, but most of us are still here.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2020, 07:39:48 AM »
The 3rd Series OPC Sledge tan is considerably rarer than any of the tans from that series, and the tans are considerably rarer than the whites. As I said, I could be mistaken, but I have been under the assumption that the tan sledge is the rarest original series OPC title.

Does anyone know why it is rarer?

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2020, 07:40:10 AM »
I would say any title that is single print on the sheet is just as rare. We’ve never seen one of those sheets though, so it’s speculation which of them fall in that category. I don’t see Sledge being the only one though, but most that fall in that same row of the 3rd series sheet

There are seven titles in that row that are single print. It’s highly likely most of those stayed single print after the replacements were made for the six pulled titles.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 07:58:42 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2020, 08:11:55 AM »
I would say any title that is single print on the sheet is just as rare. We’ve never seen one of those sheets though, so it’s speculation which of them fall in that category. I don’t see Sledge being the only one though, but most that fall in that same row of the 3rd series sheet

There are seven titles in that row that are single print. It’s highly likely most of those stayed single print after the replacements were made for the six pulled titles.

What is special about that particular row?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2020, 08:13:09 AM »
Looking at the 4th OPC sheet, strangely, the third row is the one repeated for the bottom row of the sheet. For domestic sheets, wasn’t it always one of the first two rows (depending on the side)?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2020, 08:16:28 AM »
Are you saying you think the Sledge row is the one not used as the seventh row on either side of the double sheet?

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2020, 08:36:29 AM »
Are you saying you think the Sledge row is the one not used as the seventh row on either side of the double sheet?
Yes, just Speculating that if Sledge has been reported and shown to be tougher to acquire, that its Row having the least duplication would be the scenario to support that

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2020, 08:40:37 AM »
Looking at the 4th OPC sheet, strangely, the third row is the one repeated for the bottom row of the sheet. For domestic sheets, wasn’t it always one of the first two rows (depending on the side)?
For the seven row sheets (after the 1st), yes, that’s the case, row 1 or 2 for the repeat in row 7

anything