Author Topic: First Annual Wacky Packages Day SPOILERS  (Read 33809 times)

Offline Alexeirex

Re: First Annual Wacky Packages Day SPOILERS
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »
The Holliday 2012 sketches are only being released now with the fun packs. I also think the groundhog comic sketches are also in the fun packs. There are only 92 of the Holliday sketch cards made and I would assume the same for groundhog so they are very limited.

What were your OS4 sketches like? Or are you going to show those in another thread? I'm not expecting my delivery until next week perhaps - living in the west coast has its wacky drawbacks...
A

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2013, 07:46:46 PM »
What were your OS4 sketches like? Or are you going to show those in another thread? I'm not expecting my delivery until next week perhaps - living in the west coast has its wacky drawbacks...
A

I can post them tomorrow. I'm in CO so I have to pay extra for expedited shipping. It sucks but its something I have to deal with.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 06:49:17 AM »

I'll know tomorrow since I should have 6 fun packs.

Just wondering, did you spend $600 on the Topps website, or are these available elsewhere, like ebay?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 07:21:42 AM »
Just wondering, did you spend $600 on the Topps website, or are these available elsewhere, like ebay?

Yes, I spent $600 on Topps site. Sketch cards have started to show up on ebay as well.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »
Yes, I spent $600 on Topps site. Sketch cards have started to show up on ebay as well.

That's all I thought you bought more...like $1200 bucks!! I thought you weren't going to buy any if they didn't have the ans10 binder...i guess you caved to new sketches...let's see what you got... :P :P

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
That's all I thought you bought more...like $1200 bucks!! I thought you weren't going to buy any if they didn't have the ans10 binder...i guess you caved to new sketches...let's see what you got... :P :P

I did buy more that will be here on Monday. I've already posted my pulls.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »
Here are my Funpak pulls:

Both comic sketches are by Brent Engstrom.  I like all three a lot!  The April Fool's sketch is especially nice, with both the Fool and a Wacky product.  The Simko is really sharp and spooky.  The snowflake/flower border for the Groundhog Day sketches is neat.  Had hoped for one from each comic, so will look around for a nice Holiday sketch.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:00:37 PM by RawGoo »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 10:10:45 PM »

Both comic sketches are by Brent Engstrom.  I like all three a lot!  The April Fool's sketch is especially nice, with both the Fool and a Wacky product.  The Simko is really sharp and spooky.  The snowflake/flower border for the Groundhog Day sketches is neat.  Had hoped for one from each comic, so will look around for a nice Holiday sketch.

What did you order to get three fun packs?

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 11:31:22 PM »
I've wondered if these would ever show up...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Series-7-Postcard-Clubbed-Fred-Wheaton-Sketch-/310646460402?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4853f8cff2

The Clubbed crackers piece that ended up as a bonus card in ANS10 was originally slated to be in series 7 of the Postcards. I did a very small number of sketches based on Clubbed at that time before plans changed.  

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2013, 05:49:40 AM »
What did you order to get three fun packs?

Comics.  The Groundhog Day sketch came from an order I received as a gift.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:57:01 AM by RawGoo »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 11:08:30 AM »
Boy, did I get totally screwed on the fun packs. At least I got a groundhog comic sketch. The other sketches are very common. Where did Topps find the Postcard sketches? I thought they were sold out? I thought a majority of the fun packs would be all comic sketches and possibly a few of the OLDS3 sketches where the boxes got crushed so they couldn't sell them.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »
Look what I just found on ebay. So much for Topps restricting sexy sketches. WOW! It's not even in the comic.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »
Boy, did I get totally screwed on the fun packs. At least I got a groundhog comic sketch. The other sketches are very common. Where did Topps find the Postcard sketches? I thought they were sold out? I thought a majority of the fun packs would be all comic sketches and possibly a few of the OLDS3 sketches where the boxes got crushed so they couldn't sell them.

Did you get some Old School 4 sketches you liked?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2013, 03:59:13 PM »
Did you get some Old School 4 sketches you liked?

I did really well there. I'm just mad at the fun packs because those comic sketches are the only place to get them. I guess Topps may have run out of most of the comic sketches.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 08:07:49 PM »
Got my one Fun Pack sketch today.  Unfortunately, it's just an OLDS3 sketch.  It's by Neil, whose work I really like, but I was hoping for a Wacky April sketch.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 08:24:31 PM »

I like that Groundhog Day border too - thought it was the holiday one at first until I read backwards through the thread. So you got it as a gift? $100 worth of Wacky stuff? Nice!  :great:

I got only one Fun Pack with enough of an order to get the Holiday comics I missed out on previously (due to shipping). I managed to pull an April Fool's comic sketch (the evolution of Wackys or something) - I have to wait to look at it tomorrow (really tired right now). Like it though!

I definitely prefer the wrapping they did with the earlier comics (Holiday and Groundhogs) with the hardboard and nice plastic envelope. The April Fool's shrink wrap seems a little cheap imo (it's like the last Halloween shrink wrap) - I'm also annoyed I have to unwrap it to confirm these contain unique bonus cards but then I have nothing to put them back into (unlike the others). A minor nit. Also the funpack and 4th bonus card were just kinda there - again a little "dull" - and my envelope sticky wasn't even stuck - lol - again, all minor nits (I would have put all the bonus cards into holders separate from the comics and put the comics in the nicer containers).

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2013, 03:36:29 AM »
I like that Groundhog Day border too - thought it was the holiday one at first until I read backwards through the thread. So you got it as a gift? $100 worth of Wacky stuff? Nice!  :great:

I got only one Fun Pack with enough of an order to get the Holiday comics I missed out on previously (due to shipping). I managed to pull an April Fool's comic sketch (the evolution of Wackys or something) - I have to wait to look at it tomorrow (really tired right now). Like it though!

I definitely prefer the wrapping they did with the earlier comics (Holiday and Groundhogs) with the hardboard and nice plastic envelope. The April Fool's shrink wrap seems a little cheap imo (it's like the last Halloween shrink wrap) - I'm also annoyed I have to unwrap it to confirm these contain unique bonus cards but then I have nothing to put them back into (unlike the others). A minor nit. Also the funpack and 4th bonus card were just kinda there - again a little "dull" - and my envelope sticky wasn't even stuck - lol - again, all minor nits (I would have put all the bonus cards into holders separate from the comics and put the comics in the nicer containers).

Yeah, my mom gets a kick out of buying me Wackys like she did 40 years ago.  What's weird (and annoying) is every time she orders, Topps sends her package "signature required," which is a pain for her.  Sometimes she doesn't hear the knock, or get there fast enough.  Anyway, she enjoyed reading the comic.

I would have preferred the regular comic bag and board too, but guess this is cheaper for them.  Also, I was able to tell which bonus cards were inside the sealed comics by getting the card to the top edge if the wrapper, then marked them with post it notes.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2013, 11:50:43 AM »
Look what I just found on ebay. So much for Topps restricting sexy sketches. WOW! It's not even in the comic.

It looks like "wonky" haS NICE PACKAGES!! :] :] :]

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2013, 11:57:36 AM »

Dude - you got totally screwed...no April sketches and a couple of OLDS sketches..ouch!! I got 2 April's and one 2013 comic sketch with 2 characters...was worried about that - Topps sending out duds...spin the dice!!...at "BrandyLand"  :] :] :]

Offline Swiski

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2013, 03:17:22 PM »
So what's the history of the Holiday 2012 and Groundhog Day sketch cards in these fun packs? Were these sketch cards originally supposed to be sold on Topps along with the comics were they were first issued?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2013, 03:23:17 PM »
So what's the history of the Holiday 2012 and Groundhog Day sketch cards in these fun packs? Were these sketch cards originally supposed to be sold on Topps along with the comics were they were first issued?

No one ever told us they'd be sold when the books were issued, but we knew they existed, and have been waiting for them to turn up.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2013, 04:37:02 PM »
No one ever told us they'd be sold when the books were issued, but we knew they existed, and have been waiting for them to turn up.

Exactly, Topps used them to move product. I believe Topps did very well doing this. At least they still had OLDS4 boxes or this could have been a total failure.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2013, 04:44:07 PM »
finally, finally got my order today. just enough for one fun pack. pulled a Groundhog Day. 32/132.
had been hoping for an April 1st sketch, but it'll do.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:45:58 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline MadMike

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2013, 08:22:15 PM »
I finally got my delivery from Topps as well.  Came yesterday.

Got 55/276 April 1st Sketch and 52/92 Wacky Packages Comics 2012 Sketch Card.

April 1st is Jason Brower and the Comics Sketch is by Neil Camera.

I love both of them. (The Sketchs, that is.)  : ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:19:50 PM by MadMike »

Offline Soremel

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
I love both of them.   : ;D ;D
[/quote]

Jason & Neil, or the sketches? :-* (just messin' with ya!)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »

This is a spoiler thread folks, so please spoil us with more than #123/456

Even a blurry camera shot is better than nothin'

please     :^)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »
oddly, there's nothing to spoil. if you've got the comics, you've already seen them.  ;)

This is a spoiler thread folks, so please spoil us with more than #123/456

Even a blurry camera shot is better than nothin'

please     :^)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2013, 09:08:17 PM »
oddly, there's nothing to spoil. if you've got the comics, you've already seen them.  ;)

Ah, so this is like The Misadventures of Hairy Mane thingy, where they sketches matched the comic

I thought I was missing something! I've not seen any of the comics yet...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2013, 09:35:41 PM »
Ah, so this is like The Misadventures of Hairy Mane thingy, where they sketches matched the comic

I thought I was missing something! I've not seen any of the comics yet...
I still want to see the sketch too. I don't want to keep going back to my comic. I could turn the comic from NM to EX within a couple weeks...LOL

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »
I still want to see the sketch too. I don't want to keep going back to my comic. I could turn the comic from NM to EX within a couple weeks...LOL
Now you know why Topps "encouraged" us to buy 3 of them.  ;)
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2013, 09:48:05 PM »
Now you know why Topps "encouraged" us to buy 3 of them.  ;)

What did you pull? You told us it would be Sunday and now you have us wait 2-3 extra days...LOL I'm just kidding, you have much more to keep your attention and that's your family.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2013, 10:04:30 PM »
What did you pull? You told us it would be Sunday and now you have us wait 2-3 extra days...LOL I'm just kidding, you have much more to keep your attention and that's your family.

Its my week at home so was catching up on mail, etc. tonight. Here were my pulls from two Fun Packs and one OS4 box:

20/92 from 2012 Holiday Crunch (Camera) and 039/276 from April 1st (Brower)

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2013, 12:44:53 AM »
My first order came in and I got binders, cereal boxes for the first time, an OS4 box and of course the magazines. They forgot to include the Ground Hog Day magazine...grrrrrr....disappointing as I have to contact them again...

The Holdiay card is #31/92. I was originally disappointed to get a PC sketch, but after I looked at it I really came to like the Joe Simko drawing. What wacky product is on the OS4 J.Brower sketch?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2013, 01:19:09 AM »

And, I doubt the number will help you figure anything out anyway.  Some are not individual panels, they are pieces of the larger artwork.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2013, 07:27:49 AM »
oddly, there's nothing to spoil. if you've got the comics, you've already seen them.  ;)

Sort of...some of the artist's sketches are direct from the comics (ie, Jay's "Hairy Mane, Brent's "Ground hog day", etc). But some of the artists chose to redraw their comic as separate panels. This would allow them to expand on the page layout so that they could do irregular shaped panels.

So potentially, you could get a completely unique sketch card that looks nothing like the comic!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:34:52 AM by koduck »

anything