Author Topic: First Annual Wacky Packages Day SPOILERS  (Read 33895 times)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
Re: First Annual Wacky Packages Day SPOILERS
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2013, 09:09:32 AM »
I thought there was supposed to be Wacky Specials during  the entire month of The First Annual Wacky April.  So far, there was only the 3 Day special on the first three days.  I called Topps and one of the customer service representatives said that there was nothing else planned at this time.   Anyone hear any news or should we just wait for the postcards?

This just in from Topps:
WACKY SPECIALS FOR APRIL HAVE BEEN CANCELLED!! :] :] :]!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
I thought there was supposed to be Wacky Specials during  the entire month of The First Annual Wacky April.  So far, there was only the 3 Day special on the first three days.  I called Topps and one of the customer service representatives said that there was nothing else planned at this time.   Anyone hear any news or should we just wait for the postcards?
We collectors often draw conclusions that are not supported by documented fact.  Where did Topps declare that there would be specials throughout the month?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2013, 09:23:59 AM »
We collectors often draw conclusions that are not supported by documented fact.  Where did Topps declare that there would be specials throughout the month?

Neil posted about April being Wacky Month (see link below for the forum entry). It does "kinda" sound like there will be items throughout the month by the use of the phrase "ALL MONTH LONG" but, in all fairness to Neil,  all the specifics mentioned either come to pass or are still ongoing. Some may have read more into it then was intended.

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=2830.0
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:30:06 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2013, 09:34:24 AM »
I know!  I've had to modify the master list twice already.  Still not sure how to include one unusual sketch I just became aware of.

For the most part the artists for series 7 only did one title for their sketches, but for example I've seen several different title/characters from Engstrom, and a handful of Simko's from these funpacks.  It throws a wrench into my collecting strategy for the series. 

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2013, 09:54:44 AM »
Personally, I wish Topps had destroyed the "extra" sketches (as horrible as that sounds, I know). It just kind of throws things off and makes for confusion.

Also in retrospect, I would really prefer if Topps had done the comic sketch cards as part of buying the comics. Maybe "buy 4 and get a sketch card". Would be incentive to buy the comics and perhaps spread them around, while keeping the collecting in order and preventing people from getting less-than-desirable previous series sketch cards, etc.

This whole thing has made collecting the sketch cards a bit backwards, and I'm not a big collector or anything.

And it basically means the eBay dealers who can throw big $$$ at Topps are the ones who get the sketch cards, post them on eBay, etc. Of course Topps gets the $$$, which is their bottom line, but it's feeling more and more like that's the only important thing...

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
Neil posted about April being Wacky Month (see link below for the forum entry). It does "kinda" sound like there will be items throughout the month by the use of the phrase "ALL MONTH LONG" but, in all fairness to Neil,  all the specifics mentioned either come to pass or are still ongoing. Some may have read more into it then was intended.

I stand corrected, Neil does describe that there will be activities all month long starting with the comic which implies many other activities.  I guess it is unfair to hold Neil to being a Topps spokesperson as he does the best he can to keep us informed as Topps sure as hell doesn't do it.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2013, 10:09:59 AM »
Personally, I wish Topps had destroyed the "extra" sketches (as horrible as that sounds, I know). It just kind of throws things off and makes for confusion.

Also in retrospect, I would really prefer if Topps had done the comic sketch cards as part of buying the comics. Maybe "buy 4 and get a sketch card". Would be incentive to buy the comics and perhaps spread them around, while keeping the collecting in order and preventing people from getting less-than-desirable previous series sketch cards, etc.

This whole thing has made collecting the sketch cards a bit backwards, and I'm not a big collector or anything.

And it basically means the eBay dealers who can throw big $$$ at Topps are the ones who get the sketch cards, post them on eBay, etc. Of course Topps gets the $$$, which is their bottom line, but it's feeling more and more like that's the only important thing...

Or just simply it... sell a comic alone for $10 (or whatever) and a comic with a sketch card for $45 (or whatever). No need to by three comics to get one sketch card, etc.   
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2013, 01:23:29 PM »
Scoot, that's a neat idea.  So a comic becomes a set, like postcards.  I'd think the only difficulty would be the number of sketches available.  Unlike a postcard set in which there are 100's of sketches, a comic is usually contains about 50 - 100.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »
Or just simply it... sell a comic alone for $10 (or whatever) and a comic with a sketch card for $45 (or whatever). No need to by three comics to get one sketch card, etc.   

Simplify it ?!?!

That would be a huge U-turn in Topps recent strategies    :D

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2013, 02:02:04 PM »

Yep, I expected something else by now for "Wacky Month."  When the ANS10 binders failed to materialize for the April Fool's promotion, I figured that would be their next angle, but I guess not, and we're running out of April.  Of course, nothing is guaranteed, and I'm not going to get upset about not spending money RIGHT NOW.  I can wait, and I'd rather wait if it means the product will be better.

That being said, I am really looking forward to the next postcard set, whatever month it comes out.

Offline Go_Bum

« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2013, 02:14:22 PM »

For shame sir, for shame!

Offline quas

« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2013, 04:30:29 AM »
Yep, I expected something else by now for "Wacky Month."  When the ANS10 binders failed to materialize for the April Fool's promotion, I figured that would be their next angle, but I guess not, and we're running out of April.  Of course, nothing is guaranteed, and I'm not going to get upset about not spending money RIGHT NOW.  I can wait, and I'd rather wait if it means the product will be better.

That being said, I am really looking forward to the next postcard set, whatever month it comes out.

Perhaps May will be "Wacky Month 2".
Marc

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2013, 06:02:24 AM »

They will sell them @ the Show good price and NO Shipping!!!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2013, 06:33:08 AM »
My Wacky Fool's Day pulls:

Offline Final Step

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2013, 07:51:21 AM »

I know there has been no ANS10 binder so far, but will there be one? Does anyone know for sure?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2013, 10:40:36 AM »
I know there has been no ANS10 binder so far, but will there be one? Does anyone know for sure?

Yes. Hopefully soon. Neil posted it on the forum.

Offline Final Step

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2013, 10:55:14 AM »
Yes. Hopefully soon. Neil posted it on the forum.

Woo hoo! Thank you.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »
My Wacky Fool's Day pulls:

What is the Mtn Doom card?

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2013, 11:00:04 AM »
Here's a First Annual Wacky Packages Day return sketch I plan to put on eBay.
Only the return cards could be in color as the actual comic book sketches all had to be black and white.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2013, 01:12:24 PM »
Here's a First Annual Wacky Packages Day return sketch I plan to put on eBay.
Only the return cards could be in color as the actual comic book sketches all had to be black and white.

Minute Lice and Dr. Ono seem to have a morbid attraction to watching poor old Soremel getting devoured by the Run-A-Way monster... Mark, tell me about your childhood...

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »
Sorry, Soremel, nothing personal. If you read the Wacky comic book it might make a little more sense.

I was born on a hot July day...

Minute Lice and Dr. Ono seem to have a morbid attraction to watching poor old Soremel getting devoured by the Run-A-Way monster... Mark, tell me about your childhood...

Offline Soremel

« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2013, 06:53:53 PM »
Sorry, Soremel, nothing personal. If you read the Wacky comic book it might make a little more sense.

I was born on a hot July day...

Ahhh, this is good. I feel as if we've made some progress today. Unfortunately, our time is up for this session...

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2013, 06:52:11 AM »
What is the Mtn Doom card?

black lud card ans10