Author Topic: GPK (Garbage Pail Kids) BNS 2 (Brand New Series 2)  (Read 5395 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
GPK (Garbage Pail Kids) BNS 2 (Brand New Series 2)
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »
Anyone on the forum also collecting the new GPK set? I purchased some Jumbo Packs and a couple bonus Boxes (with 4 packs) and am basically just trying to put together a base set, 3D subset, Glow in the dark subset and Foldee subset. Will also try for some bonus cards but they went overboard on them in this release. If there is any interest, I will post my extras/wants.

SCO(O)T'S GPK BNS2  WANT/TRADE LISTS: LAST UPDATE: 4/21/13
GPK BNS2 WANTS:
     Foldees:  3, 7, 8, 9, 10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPK BNS2 EXTRAS:
     Base "a": 59, 60, 61(2), 62, 63, 64, 64, 66(2), 67(2), 68, 69, 70, 74(2), 75, 76(2), 77(2), 78, 79, 80, 83(2), 85, 86, 87, 88, 95, 96, 97, 98(3), 99,(2)
                      100(2), 101, 102(3), 108(3), 110(2), 112(3), 115(4), 117(3), 123(3), 125, 127(3), 128
     Base "b": 74, 75, 76, 77(2), 78(3), 79(3), 80, 81, 82(2), 96(2), 99(2), 101(2), 104(2), 105(3), 106(2), 116(2), 119(3), 120(3), 121(2)
     Bonus: B11b, B14a
     3D: 4, 7, 10
     Foldees: 5
     Glow in the Dark: 3

WILL TRADE MULTIPLES FOR THE REMAINING ITEMS I AM LOOKIN FOR.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:47:21 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: GPK (Garbage Pail Kids) BNS 2 (Brand New Series 2)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »
I never got into them. They came out in the mid 80s when I was trying to find love..LOL

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:27:29 AM »
Anyone on the forum also collecting the new GPK set? I purchased some Jumbo Packs and a couple bonus Boxes (with 4 packs) and am basically just trying to put together a base set, 3D subset, Glow in the dark subset and Foldee subset. Will also try for some bonus cards but they went overboard on them in this release. If there is any interest, I will post my extras/wants.

I had been collecting the ANS sets, but stopped a couple of years ago.  Might have been when Old School Wackys came out.  How are the 3D cards this time?

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 06:34:18 AM »
I never got into them. They came out in the mid 80s when I was trying to find love..LOL
You know,  That is exactly my reason.  I guess late teens early 20's you would rather spend you money on other things.  I did later go and get the GPK's.  I bought a few of the flashbacks but none of this new series or the series before it.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 07:12:45 AM »
You know,  That is exactly my reason.  I guess late teens early 20's you would rather spend you money on other things.  I did later go and get the GPK's.  I bought a few of the flashbacks but none of this new series or the series before it.

I keep telling myself I am going to stop collecting GPK also, then I'll see a mini master set for $ 30 or so and pick it up to have the base and easy chases. I stopped at a Target to pick up some supplies on my way to the Hospital in Indy Friday and grabbed a WP ANS10 wrapper I still needed and the GPK items were right there... Not much else to do at the hospital when i'm not doing work stuff so I picked up a couple bonus packs and some jumbo packs. I didn't think there were many people collecting both WP and GPK but thought i'd give it a try here. When opening the bonus packs, I lucked out and pulled a printing plate. I put it on eBay last night with a BIN of $ 72.50 and it sold with 2 minutes.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 07:20:58 AM »
I had been collecting the ANS sets, but stopped a couple of years ago.  Might have been when Old School Wackys came out.  How are the 3D cards this time?

I should temper my comments with the fact I only have 1 of the 3D cards in hand. After opening 8 bonus box packs and 3 jumbo packs, I ended up with almost a full set of the glow in the dark and foldees but only one 3D card. I think I will just pick up this subset on eBay. Looks they they can be had for $15 and up for the set. The one I have is very nice. It is not a motion lenticular but a static 3D image. The GPK lent cards have been nice in the past as well. I prefer this heavy card style to the recent WP tags.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 07:27:40 AM »
gpk came out when I was 12 and I loved them. already loving wackies and mad and stern , they fit right in with my wise ass attitude.
never really collected them , just stuck them everywhere. hell, at that time  I didn't collect wackys either. the only thing I collected was mad (I had over 300 by 87ish, thanks in part to my uncle that started me collecting by giving me his collection and a great comic book store near my house in Elizabeth nj).
when I seen the flash backs came out I bought some, but it just wasn't the same, the humor is kind of low brow and not much thought went into them. just not as clever  as wackys in my opinion.

I thought my kid would like them due to the grossness, but he still liked wackys better.

I cant spread myself to thin with "collecting" , so its safe to say I wont get these. after reading so much stuff here im thinkin im going to start trying to get the original 1-16 wackys. $$$$$

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 07:44:19 AM »
I should temper my comments with the fact I only have 1 of the 3D cards in hand. After opening 8 bonus box packs and 3 jumbo packs, I ended up with almost a full set of the glow in the dark and foldees but only one 3D card. I think I will just pick up this subset on eBay. Looks they they can be had for $15 and up for the set. The one I have is very nice. It is not a motion lenticular but a static 3D image. The GPK lent cards have been nice in the past as well. I prefer this heavy card style to the recent WP tags.

I loved the motion cards they did before, and never understood why Wackys weren't getting the same type of cards.

Offline MadMike

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
About ten years ago, I was looking around on ebay and decided to bid on some full boxes of GPK from the Original Series.  I never collected them as a kid, but I was thinking that they would be a good investment.  I ended up purchasing around 15 full boxes from several different series.

Part of that purchase included 2 full boxes of Original Series 2.  I think I paid around $140 to $160 for each.  Looks like people are now paying as much as $400+ for a box.  I was happy to see that.  Now I can fund my other card collecting addictions if needed.   :o

Offline Patrick76

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »
If anyone's still collecting bns2 I have lots to trade..base singles, sets, foldees, gitd, motions, black parallels and bonus cards.  The only thing I need are black parallels...or wacky's!  I still need quite a bit to finish my subsets from ans10.   Thought I'd give it a shot    ;)
patrick

anything