Author Topic: Suggestions for OS5 and a possible ANS11  (Read 2166 times)

Offline dth1971

Suggestions for OS5 and a possible ANS11
« on: March 26, 2013, 02:00:05 PM »
Here are suggestions for upcoming projects of Wacky Packages sticker sets - both regarding the due before 2013 is over Old School 5 and a possibly before 2013 is over All New Series 11:

For OS5 - I want the series to be 45 stickers instead of 30, with the 30 base to be Wacky Packages entries of 1970's product spoofs, plus a subset of 15 Wacky Packages entries spoofing 1980's products.

For a possible ANS11 - Besides the base set of 55 plus a subset of 10 more Awful Apps: A subset of 10 Wacky Packages from the first sticker series in 1973 redone/remade in their current circa 2013 product form (My guesses for this subset: Mrs. Klean, Liptorn, Skimpy, 6-Up, Minute Lice, Horrid, Gadzooka, Weakies, Jail-O, and Crust).

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Re: Suggestions for OS5 and a possible ANS11
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:01:31 PM »

For OS5 - I want the series to be 45 stickers instead of 30, with the 30 base to be Wacky Packages entries of 1970's product spoofs, plus a subset of 15 Wacky Packages entries spoofing 1980's products.

Doing an Old School release set in a different Wacky decade is a fine idea and it is a concept that has been discussed since just after Old School 1 shipped. 

But to increase the size of the set of Wacky parodies by 50% changes the nature of the beast significantly, as does bringing in a different decade.  I think a move like this would damage the quality and clarity of Old School. 

But mainly the stress to create 15 additional paintings, half of an entire additional series, just seems a clear invitation to trouble. 

Rather than throwing ideas against the wall, I'd much rather be surprised by whatever the clever minds behind the Old School baseball cards have up their sleeves next. 

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline dth1971

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »

Rather than throwing ideas against the wall, I'd much rather be surprised by whatever the clever minds behind the Old School baseball cards have up their sleeves next. 

How about Old School football cards?

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:36:48 PM »
How about a series called "New School" that parodies products that don't currently exist but that we will have access to 30 years from now?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »
How about a series called "New School" that parodies products that don't currently exist but that we will have access to 30 years from now?

Hey, isn't that popular science? I'm still waiting for my mail order fusion drive to operate my hovercraft. Screw other popular means of transportation. I need a hovercraft, Damn it!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 05:49:26 AM »
There was a back-to-the-future subset in ANS9, but that doesn't count.

For "Old School" I'd like to see a few spoofs of product packaging from the 1950s. They could even be printed in black and white with intentional yellowing edges. That would be really old school.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:51:44 AM by Swiski »