Author Topic: APRIL IS WACKY PACKAGES MONTH!!!  (Read 63724 times)

Offline ScaryLee

Re: APRIL IS WACKY PACKAGES MONTH!!!
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »
Does the sketch card look like it does in the ad? That is, does it say "April 1 2013" on it?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »
Does the sketch card look like it does in the ad? That is, does it say "April 1 2013" on it?

Yes.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2013, 04:07:38 AM »

I would sday some do, some are older ones,

Andrew

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2013, 08:36:23 AM »
I would sday some do, some are older ones,

Andrew

Then it's a crap shoot, with crap being the operative word.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »
Here's a new promo for the April Wacky comic!!!

To add to the pile of questions...

I didn't buy the last two comics.  Didn't want to pay the shipping.  If I buy the last two comics as well as the new one, will I get three bonus cards?  And it says something about buying three comics gets you a fourth bonus card.  How many bonus cards are there all together?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2013, 11:34:50 AM »

I didn't buy the last two comics.  Didn't want to pay the shipping.  If I buy the last two comics as well as the new one, will I get three bonus cards?  And it says something about buying three comics gets you a fourth bonus card.  How many bonus cards are there all together?

4 - 4th is free when you buy 3...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2013, 12:16:52 PM »

I think you would have to buy 3 of the new comic to get all the bonus cards because each one comes with one. I'm sure Topps sorted them by 3's.

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2013, 12:56:46 PM »
Does anyone know if the Fun Packs will be for sale individually or are they just bonuses when purchasing over $100.00 worth of Wackies?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »
Does anyone know if the Fun Packs will be for sale individually or are they just bonuses when purchasing over $100.00 worth of Wackies?
Bonus only as the ad states. Looks like I might have to buy some more OLDS4 boxes on Monday.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »
Bonus only as the ad states. Looks like I might have to buy some more OLDS4 boxes on Monday.

I'd love to get a sketch from one of the newer comic books, but that's a lot of money to spend on stuff I already have just to get the "free" sketch, and it might not even be from the comics.  Will have to ponder upon this.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2013, 03:10:25 PM »
I WILL buy three comics to get the four bonus Wackies, But I will not drop $100 to "Possibly" get a new Sketch.

Andrew

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2013, 06:45:18 PM »

I thought you were getting them off ebay?? no conviction....the binder will be on there by then...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »
I thought you were getting them off ebay?? no conviction....the binder will be on there by then...

I was thinking there are probably some great OLDS4 sketches still sitting in Topps warehouse. I've seen some good ones show up lately. I can buy 2 boxes and get 3 sketches. That's only about $34 a sketch. Not bad! I've got so many OLDS4 cards still laying around so I may just give the contents away. Brother Shoe may wake up some day with about 24 boxes of OLDS4 at his door just like OLDS2.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »
I was thinking there are probably some great OLDS4 sketches still sitting in Topps warehouse. I've seen some good ones show up lately. I can buy 2 boxes and get 3 sketches. That's only about $34 a sketch. Not bad! I've got so many OLDS4 cards still laying around so I may just give the contents away. Brother Shoe may wake up some day with about 24 boxes of OLDS4 at his door just like OLDS2.
Brother Nezhead wouldn't mind a few boxes of OLDS4. Having lost my job, I have had to cut back on everything. I still haven't taken the plunge on OLDS4 yet.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2013, 07:41:48 PM »
I was thinking there are probably some great OLDS4 sketches still sitting in Topps warehouse. I've seen some good ones show up lately. I can buy 2 boxes and get 3 sketches.
that's if OLDS4 is some of the *select merchandise* that the offer is good for.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »

By all means Brother Brad, Send them my way-LOL.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 10:20:54 PM »
that's if OLDS4 is some of the *select merchandise* that the offer is good for.

Wait! Are you saying its selected items? I read on $100 purchase from the Topps store. Who reads the fine detail? If Topps doesn't allow OLDS 4 then I'm out. That would be too bizarre for them not to offer all Wacky purchases. If they want people to buy old stuff then they can sit on their hot packs. We have moved on! Ill tell you if you call Topps direct and ask for certain things they may help you out. It might depend on how much you purchase. I really have no idea. It never hurts to ask.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:26:01 PM by BumChex »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 05:48:16 AM »
Wait! Are you saying its selected items? I read on $100 purchase from the Topps store. Who reads the fine detail? If Topps doesn't allow OLDS 4 then I'm out. That would be too bizarre for them not to offer all Wacky purchases. If they want people to buy old stuff then they can sit on their hot packs. We have moved on! Ill tell you if you call Topps direct and ask for certain things they may help you out. It might depend on how much you purchase. I really have no idea. It never hurts to ask.

The Topps.com promo banner states "Wacky Packages Funpak with every $100 spent on Wacky packages products on Topps.com"

http://entertainment.topps.com/shop-brands/wacky-packages.html

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2013, 05:48:46 AM »
The email blast that Topps sent out on the subject says one free sketch Fun Pak for every $100 spent on any Wacky Packages products from their website.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2013, 06:42:17 AM »
The Topps.com promo banner states "Wacky Packages Funpak with every $100 spent on Wacky packages products on Topps.com"

http://entertainment.topps.com/shop-brands/wacky-packages.html

yep. and the flyer Neil posted says different in the small type at the bottom. I'm hoping that between making that flyer and putting the banner on their site, they realized there was no point in limiting the offer

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2013, 07:07:36 AM »
yep. and the flyer Neil posted says different in the small type at the bottom. I'm hoping that between making that flyer and putting the banner on their site, they realized there was no point in limiting the offer

Looks like the main intent is/was to limit it to WP items. I was considering picking up a box of GPK BNS2 when Neil first mentioned the upcoming special, but that is defintely out under this offer. The sad thing, is it is almost negative reinforcement for those of us that tend to buy the new items, like binders and comics, when they first come out. I will be hard pressed to want to order $100 in WP items even if the ANS10 cereal boxes and the ANS10 binder is available on Monday.  I know, I know... thats the whole point of this kind of marketing... get the Bonus card hungry WP collectors to spend an extra $30 or so more than they would have normally.

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Swiski

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2013, 08:12:19 PM »
Rats! I was hoping to finally purchase that Star Wars Galactic Files deluxe printing plate set. That would put my order well over $500!!! I would get 5 fun packs then. Oh well.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2013, 04:14:33 AM »
Rats! I was hoping to finally purchase that Star Wars Galactic Files deluxe printing plate set. That would put my order well over $500!!! I would get 5 fun packs then. Oh well.

I had been thinking of doing the same thing - that set they had on display at the fall show was sweet!  Oh well, I just saved $500.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2013, 10:10:36 AM »
So does anyone know? Does the funpak thing start at midnight eastern?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2013, 10:52:51 AM »
So does anyone know? Does the funpak thing start at midnight eastern?

Hi John,

I haven't heard about a specific release time but if I get any news, I'll certainly post it here.

Neil

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2013, 11:44:14 AM »
Hi John,

I haven't heard about a specific release time but if I get any news, I'll certainly post it here.

Neil

Thanks!

I am actually concerned about the blanks blanks and blanks of the world buying up tons of stuff and trying to monopolize the fun pack sketch cards. If they can figure out a way to do it they would.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2013, 03:28:40 AM »
Happy Wacky Packages Day!

Andrew

« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2013, 03:48:11 AM »
happy wacky day!

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2013, 06:45:01 AM »
Has anyone tried ordering yet?  I wonder if your order states how many fun packs you will be receiving.   I also wonder if they will ship the fun packs with your order or ship them at a later date.

Offline Stingline

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2013, 06:48:48 AM »
Has anyone tried ordering yet?  I wonder if your order states how many fun packs you will be receiving.   I also wonder if they will ship the fun packs with your order or ship them at a later date.

I keep hitting refresh waiting for the new comic to show up, I am leery about ordering before there's some change to the products that might indicate the special is actually running.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »
The comic is up now, but nothing else so far. No binders, no cereal boxes. Too bad they won't allow us to buy non-Wacky products to put the order over $100.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2013, 07:24:04 AM »
I keep hitting refresh waiting for the new comic to show up, I am leery about ordering before there's some change to the products that might indicate the special is actually running.

THE NEW APRIL WACKY PACKAGES COMIC IS NOW AVAILABLE AT WACKYPACKAGES.COM!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2013, 07:27:04 AM »
THE NEW APRIL WACKY PACKAGES COMIC IS NOW AVAILABLE AT WACKYPACKAGES.COM!
Any info you can give us on the binders and cereal boxes?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2013, 07:31:36 AM »
Any info you can give us on the binders and cereal boxes?

They should be scheduled for April, just don't know the date yet.

Offline Stingline

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2013, 07:35:16 AM »

I just placed an order for 3 comics and some other Wacky stuff. There was no indication on the order that I was eligible for any of the extras, so I will spend the next week on tenterhooks hoping it all works out.

anything