Author Topic: APRIL IS WACKY PACKAGES MONTH!!!  (Read 63726 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: APRIL IS WACKY PACKAGES MONTH!!!
« Reply #175 on: April 03, 2013, 08:06:38 PM »
I got all four Bonus cards so i think they are working that one out pretty well. I just constructed my 24 Box Cereal Box display and it looks pretty cool. I put my ANS10 in my new yellow PC binder and all is well. Why do they call the new Bonus cards Wonky Packages?  I don't see any Wonka tie in.  What am I missing here?

Andrew

Andrew, look at the cards. They changed the original wacky image. Therefor Wonky.

Offline Stingline

« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2013, 05:02:44 AM »
I am with you, I am not a buyer of these Wonky cards either so whether they are tied in to comics or not, makes no difference to me.  For the folks who are buying multiple comics, it seems clear they would just buy these wonky cards and have on interest in collecting or trading them, they all want a set right away with their base order.  This seems to totally contradict everything about collecting wacky packages and your point about them not being stickers furthers that point.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of buying 3 comics to get the four cards. I am planning to send one copy to my cousin who likes Wackys, but is not actively collecting at the moment. Maybe my son will want the third. I am little disappointed with the quality of the Wonkys as well, but it was a crapshoot. The other stuff I bought (after shelling $50 for the comics I had to bite on the other $50) was stuff I wanted (binder and another box of OS) so that was less irksome.

I would have preferred the fun packs AND the extra Wonky to be pegged to a specific dollar value order instead, that at least gives me some flexibility. If they had the new ANS10 stuff available on time, that would have made this appear a less crass stunt to move the comics. I wonder if this issue will sell out early due to the promotion or if they just accidentally printed 3 times as many this time and needed to get rid of them.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2013, 05:21:23 AM »
I'm not thrilled with the idea of buying 3 comics to get the four cards. I am planning to send one copy to my cousin who likes Wackys, but is not actively collecting at the moment. Maybe my son will want the third. I am little disappointed with the quality of the Wonkys as well, but it was a crapshoot. The other stuff I bought (after shelling $50 for the comics I had to bite on the other $50) was stuff I wanted (binder and another box of OS) so that was less irksome.

I would have preferred the fun packs AND the extra Wonky to be pegged to a specific dollar value order instead, that at least gives me some flexibility. If they had the new ANS10 stuff available on time, that would have made this appear a less crass stunt to move the comics. I wonder if this issue will sell out early due to the promotion or if they just accidentally printed 3 times as many this time and needed to get rid of them.

I think Topps had this promotion planned all along. I'm a completist and I want one of every bonus card, but the cost of acquiring a set of them these days is killing my wallet! I'm nervous what they have in store for us this summer.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2013, 05:45:34 AM »
I think Topps had this promotion planned all along. I'm a completist and I want one of every bonus card, but the cost of acquiring a set of them these days is killing my wallet! I'm nervous what they have in store for us this summer.
exactly this.
new releases are starting to cause more trepidation than excitement. everyone's wondering what new way they've found to pick our wallets clean if we "try to get'em all"

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2013, 05:57:09 AM »
exactly this.
new releases are starting to cause more trepidation than excitement. everyone's wondering what new way they've found to pick our wallets clean if we "try to get'em all"

I managed to get 2 Apr1 Sketches - both nice and one from  the other comic - its an engstrom real nice..not bad..didn't notice that you had to open the comic in the cello to get the bonus card inside..thought i got ripped off at first...

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2013, 07:59:20 AM »
Does anyone know if the Fun Pak promo is still going on?  It was supposed to end yesterday but it is still up on the Topps website.   I can't get anyone on the phone at Topps today.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2013, 08:00:22 AM »
I wish Topps would put their efforts into something like the OS giant sticker reprints...

I've been wanting these since we first discussed the idea. King of thinking it will never happen. :(

I was into the completist thing for bonus cards but gave it up a couple of series back when it became more work than fun. Now focusing on getting just the stuff I really like. Definitely changing my buying pattern.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2013, 08:11:20 AM »
Does anyone know if the Fun Pak promo is still going on?  It was supposed to end yesterday but it is still up on the Topps website.   I can't get anyone on the phone at Topps today.

When I spoke with them yesterday he told me it will end at midnight eastern time. I told him it kind of stinks because I haven't gotten in my stuff yet and if I like them I would probably order more. He said others have said the same thing but this is the promo rules. After seeing what Marc pulled I put in another order last night for 12 more OLDS4 boxes. They have moved a lot over this sale. My order placed on Monday was order number 364 and the order I placed last night was 2653. That's moving some product!

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2013, 08:20:12 AM »
I saw Marc's pulls as well.  Absolutely amazing.  Looks like they will have OLDS2 and OLDS3 sketches as well in the fun packs.   I wish I had ordered more.   I wonder what they will do with the extra fun pak envelopes.  I hope they would offer them for sale on their website but they will probably bring them to the PA show next month.

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2013, 08:23:17 AM »
I ordered yesterday at 3pm and my order number was 464.  It hard to imagine at additional 2100 orders from 3pm to midnight.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2013, 08:49:04 AM »
I ordered yesterday at 3pm and my order number was 464.  It hard to imagine at additional 2100 orders from 3pm to midnight.

Maybe that is why they aren't answering their phones...LOL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2013, 08:52:28 AM »
I saw Marc's pulls as well.  Absolutely amazing.  Looks like they will have OLDS2 and OLDS3 sketches as well in the fun packs.   I wish I had ordered more.   I wonder what they will do with the extra fun pak envelopes.  I hope they would offer them for sale on their website but they will probably bring them to the PA show next month.

I have 2 hunches about this and one being what you posted about the Philly show. The other is they will offer another promotion in April since it's wacky month. They may have new stuff each week?

After seeing Marc's pulls I'm hoping the OLDS4 dud sketches where front loaded and all the good ones are left. My last order was 24 boxes back about 3 months ago and I only pulled about 3 good sketches and no color. The rest were duds that sold for around $10 each. I was so pissed that I quit buying boxes. I asked Marc permission to post his pulls.

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »
I received my fun pak envelopes today so I will post my sketches later tonight.   FYI.  I agree with the forum members.  DO NOT PURCHASE ANY FUN PAK ENVELOPES OFF EBAY.  These are sealed with a small circular sticker.  You can reseal them with ease and it is nearly impossible to tell if they have been tampered with.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »
I received my fun pak envelopes today so I will post my sketches later tonight.   FYI.  I agree with the forum members.  DO NOT PURCHASE ANY FUN PAK ENVELOPES OFF EBAY.  These are sealed with a small circular sticker.  You can reseal them with ease and it is nearly impossible to tell if they have been tampered with.
Jeff, where they all good pulls? Did you also order any OLDS4 boxes? if so were those all good pulls as well?

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2013, 09:53:45 AM »
I am on my lunch hour so I will probably only be able to open a few boxes.  I ordered 20 boxes of OLDS4.  I only opened two OLDS4 boxes and one Fun Pak so far.  I got a Brower and Pingitore in the OLDS4.  UGGH!  and a Smokin Joe OLDS3 in the fun pak.  I will posting them today on Ebay.  That $100.00 will probably turn into a nice $50.00 loss.   Wish me better luck on the rest of the stuff.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »
I am on my lunch hour so I will probably only be able to open a few boxes.  I ordered 20 boxes of OLDS4.  I only opened two OLDS4 boxes and one Fun Pak so far.  I got a Brower and Pingitore in the OLDS4.  UGGH!  and a Smokin Joe OLDS3 in the fun pak.  I will posting them today on Ebay.  That $100.00 will probably turn into a nice $50.00 loss.   Wish me better luck on the rest of the stuff.

Oh Man! That just put a big pit in my stomach. I'm still waiting for UPS.
Good luck on the rest of your pulls. If the OLDS4 stuff are duds hopefully you get awesome gems in the fun packs.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2013, 10:18:50 AM »
I just got UPS email delivery confirmation but I am in Indianapolis this week at the hospital. I will have to wait until Sunday evening to open.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2013, 09:28:45 AM »
The groundhog comic sketches are included in the fun packs. There are a couple on ebay now. Looks like 132 total so the holidays 2012 is the least with 92
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:30:34 AM by BumChex »

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
I received my fun pak envelopes today so I will post my sketches later tonight.   FYI.  I agree with the forum members.  DO NOT PURCHASE ANY FUN PAK ENVELOPES OFF EBAY.  These are sealed with a small circular sticker.  You can reseal them with ease and it is nearly impossible to tell if they have been tampered with.

Well the sealed fun paks are surfacing on ebay. I just realized, even if the seal was better so it couldn't be re-used, anyone can see right through the envelope and see what type of sketch card is in there.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:47:08 AM by ScaryLee »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2013, 12:18:12 PM »
Well the sealed fun paks are surfacing on ebay. I just realized, even if the seal was better so it couldn't be re-used, anyone can see right through the envelope and see what type of sketch card is in there.

dude catch a clue we were talking about that yesterday!! there is still some schmuck trying to sell one on evilbay...he even shows the white round sticker..fishin' for suckers...

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »
dude catch a clue we were talking about that yesterday!! there is still some schmuck trying to sell one on evilbay...he even shows the white round sticker..fishin' for suckers...

We are talking about it today now, so who needs to catch a clue?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2013, 05:23:04 PM »

I was into the completist thing for bonus cards but gave it up a couple of series back when it became more work than fun. Now focusing on getting just the stuff I really like. Definitely changing my buying pattern.
Me too!! I am actually glad Topps pulled that crap with ANS10. Since it is nearly impossible to collect 'em all, they broke me of my completist nature. I couldn't care less now about missing a few bonus cards.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
Me too!! I am actually glad Topps pulled that crap with ANS10. Since it is nearly impossible to collect 'em all, they broke me of my completist nature. I couldn't care less now about missing a few bonus cards.

There is stuff that's very attainable. So are you saying you have collected all the golds since Flashback 1? Did you collect the ANS golds? I think people are knit picking here. We haven't been able to attain it for several yeas.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2013, 06:49:23 PM »
There is stuff that's very attainable. So are you saying you have collected all the golds since Flashback 1? Did you collect the ANS golds? I think people are knit picking here. We haven't been able to attain it for several yeas.

I think it's the amount of tough chase sets that is discouraging. I would guess most of us were happy, in past releases, to get a gold or two but then pick up the other items from that release. With this release, red ludlows, artist autos, gold cards, and cloths are all pretty tough. I can see having a hard to get border set each release but 3 or 4 is hard to swallow. Not to mention the 3 lost Wackys.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »
If you go by the Topps ANS10 checklist then you don't need all the Border, Ludlow ,Cloth , Artist Autos etc. Just the ASOTV, AA, Tattoos, Magnets, Lost Wackies and the Bonus cards put in the complete category. Not too tough to do.

Andrew

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2013, 07:27:56 PM »
Modern day (sometimes clashing) with old school wacky pack collectors have been KNIT PICKING for at least five years now.....at minimum since the 2007 Flashback One series. It seems to be somewhat a monetary issue, with those with less spendible funds annoyed at those with more spendible funds who can collect and/or capitalize on more modern day wacky packs product. Couple that with the fact that Topps is turning out more wacky product then ever (! Almost once every four months it seems?) people are clashing. For some odd and hilarious reason more then the minority of wacky pack collectors on this (and prior to that on Greg's forum) seem to be somewhat super analytical nit-puckers with mixmasters up their asses.  Not all of them, definitely not even most of them, but enough of them that it certainly stands out when reading this forum. I don't mind, I find it entertaining, but I don't find it that wacky.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2013, 08:05:26 PM »
I think it's the amount of tough chase sets that is discouraging. I would guess most of us were happy, in past releases, to get a gold or two but then pick up the other items from that release. With this release, red ludlows, artist autos, gold cards, and cloths are all pretty tough. I can see having a hard to get border set each release but 3 or 4 is hard to swallow. Not to mention the 3 lost Wackys.
I don't even care about the overload of chase sets but I can't keep track of the bonus cards and Topps has pushed the envelop with "tie in" buying making us buy shit to get a bonus card. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
Modern day (sometimes clashing) with old school wacky pack collectors have been KNIT PICKING for at least five years now.....at minimum since the 2007 Flashback One series. It seems to be somewhat a monetary issue, with those with less spendible funds annoyed at those with more spendible funds who can collect and/or capitalize on more modern day wacky packs product. Couple that with the fact that Topps is turning out more wacky product then ever (! Almost once every four months it seems?) people are clashing. For some odd and hilarious reason more then the minority of wacky pack collectors on this (and prior to that on Greg's forum) seem to be somewhat super analytical nit-puckers with mixmasters up their asses.  Not all of them, definitely not even most of them, but enough of them that it certainly stands out when reading this forum. I don't mind, I find it entertaining, but I don't find it that wacky.

I honestly have no idea what you said here.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2013, 08:28:15 PM »

It's chickenfat

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2013, 11:17:51 PM »

Good! Because I was confused too. Chicken please explain because I didn't understand. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:22:13 PM by BumChex »

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2013, 11:53:25 PM »

I have never really bothered collecting the border variations. I'm talking about the bonus and insert sets. How many collectors bought 3+ cases @ $500 ea to get all the Lost Wackys. I'm guessing not many.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2013, 01:34:05 AM »
I have never really bothered collecting the border variations. I'm talking about the bonus and insert sets. How many collectors bought 3+ cases @ $500 ea to get all the Lost Wackys. I'm guessing not many.

It's very attainable. A lot of those sets are selling for around $150 now

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2013, 03:11:56 AM »

I decided to pass - have purchased two of the Lost titles, and might take quite a while to pick up the third.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #208 on: April 06, 2013, 03:22:26 AM »

I need a translator for the above post please. "Clash of the Wacky fans" does sound like an interesting movie though.

Andrew

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #209 on: April 06, 2013, 06:37:00 AM »
Good! Because I was confused too. Chicken please explain because I didn't understand. Thanks.
Sorry, I had a little extra Pinot Grigio last night (mixed with chicken fat of course!). What I was trying to say in a nutshell is that I am surprised how often collectors on this forum put down Topps and the more recent wacky packages releases. I am personally thrilled whenever a new WP product comes out; generally like the way that Topps changes it up with every release (ie the chase cards and even the different releases themselves ie posters, postcards, comic books all in addition to continuing the ANS series). If it takes longer to accumulate a sub-set because of $ or time like the ANS10 bonus stickers set then you have more time to pursue completing your set. The more time pursuing new wackys for your set the better! I personally have no complaints with the way the ANS10 set was released. It's fine to have negative opinions about new WP sets or Topps and it's great to air your thoughts good or bad on this forum but I'm surprised how many different collectors here claim to be disillusioned with these recent releases like ANS10 and say their not going to collect the new series because of it.