Author Topic: APRIL IS WACKY PACKAGES MONTH!!!  (Read 63778 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: APRIL IS WACKY PACKAGES MONTH!!!
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »
Anyone get shipping notice?

So what did you end up ordering?  I'm still debating about what to do.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2013, 06:49:43 PM »
I ordered nothing. Hopefully they will have the ANS 10 back in stock tomorrow.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
So what did you end up ordering?  I'm still debating about what to do.

I ordered the 3 comics, 10 OLDS4 boxes, & an ANS9 binder. Came to $600 so 6 Fun Packs.

Offline MadMike

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2013, 07:29:31 PM »
I managed to get sucked in and spend over $200.  I hope these funpacks are worth it. :]

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »
After checking out the flyers Neil posted at the beginning of this topic, I realized that this book is 24 pages, and has multiple stories, compared with the previous books that had 12 pages and a single story.  So, I'm OK with the price jump, but still think what they charge for shipping for these is outrageous.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2013, 08:18:20 PM »
Other than a sketch card, has it been stated what these fun packs contain?  A sketch card, especially a good one, is a great bonus.  However, what else is in these packs? 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2013, 08:28:11 PM »
Other than a sketch card, has it been stated what these fun packs contain?  A sketch card, especially a good one, is a great bonus.  However, what else is in these packs? 

I think its just a sketch.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2013, 04:09:59 AM »
Yes!! except there is a chance of getting the chase stuff as well....pretty sure...

Each cereal box contains 18 base stickers and 1 bonus sticker. No chase cards in the cereal boxes as in the past. The cereal box and bonus sticker ARE the chase items as far as Topps is concerned.

Andrew

Offline Stingline

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2013, 04:57:30 AM »
Anyone get shipping notice?

Mine still says "Processing" and they have not actually accepted the money from PayPal yet (why, oh why, did I use PayPal?). I thought maybe it was because I used PayPal and have half resigned myself to missing out on the special. It's a little sad how often find myself screaming at Topps, "Hurry up and take my money!"

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2013, 05:35:39 AM »
Still no ANS 10 available. I do not consider the cereal boxes ans 10, that would be like calling the comic book ans 10 if you just throw in a few base cards. They should at least have had the jumbo packs available.

Offline Stingline

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2013, 08:02:02 AM »
Mine still says "Processing" and they have not actually accepted the money from PayPal yet (why, oh why, did I use PayPal?). I thought maybe it was because I used PayPal and have half resigned myself to missing out on the special. It's a little sad how often find myself screaming at Topps, "Hurry up and take my money!"

I got impatient and bugged the support people. This was their response to my query:

Normally this would have shipped already but due to the high volume of orders for the Wacky Special it is taking slightly longer. It should ship today...

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2013, 08:25:20 AM »
I'm waiting to see how long it takes before these FunPak's start showing up on Ebay demanding good coin....assuming they are sealed of course.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2013, 09:28:27 AM »
I'm waiting to see how long it takes before these FunPak's start showing up on Ebay demanding good coin....assuming they are sealed of course.

Those suckers better have COLORED sketches in there!! :P :P

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »

Be very careful in buying a sealed pack. They could be resealed.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2013, 10:15:09 AM »
Be very careful in buying a sealed pack. They could be resealed.
yes, you are best off buying unsealed packs..... :a102:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:16:49 AM by bandaches »
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2013, 10:43:34 AM »
You are best off getting the pak yourself instead of resorting to the sure-to-be influx we'll see on Ebay.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2013, 11:20:24 AM »
You are best off getting the pak yourself instead of resorting to the sure-to-be influx we'll see on Ebay.

" WARNING "    If these are the same "FunPaks" from the show last year, i advise not to buy any from Ebay. Just like the Tan envelopes from OLDS3 and 4. If you hold them up to a bright light you can see right through them.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2013, 12:12:59 PM »

" WARNING "    If these are the same "FunPaks" from the show last year, i advise not to buy any from Ebay. Just like the Tan envelopes from OLDS3 and 4. If you hold them up to a bright light you can see right through them.

There you have it. I would imagine they will be the same.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:23:12 PM by BumChex »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2013, 12:23:30 PM »
Any tracking info yet? I'm surprised by this.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2013, 12:27:54 PM »
Any tracking info yet? I'm surprised by this.

None here yet
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline MadMike

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2013, 12:29:56 PM »
My paypal purchase did not go through yet either.  This is kind of aggravating.

Offline Stingline

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2013, 12:33:13 PM »
yes, you are best off buying unsealed packs..... :a102:

Maybe if I buy enough resealed packs, I'll get ones that have been surreptitiously not resealed, the underhanded dealers selling me original sealed packs in place of the doctored ones, thus pulling off a double switcharoo. It's all psychology ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2013, 12:47:42 PM »
My paypal purchase did not go through yet either.  This is kind of aggravating.

What do you mean your paypal purchase hasn't gone through yet? Mine shows completed. When I pay with paypal it's always completed right away so I'm confused by this.

Offline Stingline

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »
What do you mean your paypal purchase hasn't gone through yet? Mine shows completed. When I pay with paypal it's always completed right away so I'm confused by this.

I used PayPal too and it shows the funds withdrawal as pending against my balance. I talked to PayPal and they said the merchant hadn't "claimed" it yet, which was why it was pending and it would probably resolve when they shipped.

To be clear, they deducted the funds, but they are shown in details as being held.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2013, 12:59:29 PM »
I used PayPal too and it shows the funds withdrawal as pending against my balance. I talked to PayPal and they said the merchant hadn't "claimed" it yet, which was why it was pending and it would probably resolve when they shipped.

To be clear, they deducted the funds, but they are shown in details as being held.

That's strange because mine shows completed but I still haven't received any tracking from Topps.

Offline Stingline

« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2013, 01:07:48 PM »
That's strange because mine shows completed but I still haven't received any tracking from Topps.

The only part that looks looked odd is was the part that deducted funds from my PayPal balance. I just went to check what it said, and the transaction now says completed, so maybe Topps is fixing to ship all the goodies :)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2013, 02:07:21 PM »
Called Topps today and they said that they don't know when the 16 pack boxes will be restocked. I told them that I had a list of stuff I wanted to buy including an ANS 10 16 pack box and asked if I could put my order in so that I don't miss out on the bonus offers. I was even wiling to pay for the item completely even though the order would be pending and complete once the ANS 10 box was restocked. They said no. I said thanks and hung up very disappointed. I do not need any of the other stuff. Oh well, at this point with this series it seems to be becoming too difficult. I am seriously considering my collecting days to be over or at least very limited. This kind of difficulty makes it uninteresting for me.

Offline Final Step

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »
Called Topps today and they said that they don't know when the 16 pack boxes will be restocked. I told them that I had a list of stuff I wanted to buy including an ANS 10 16 pack box and asked if I could put my order in so that I don't miss out on the bonus offers. I was even wiling to pay for the item completely even though the order would be pending and complete once the ANS 10 box was restocked. They said no. I said thanks and hung up very disappointed. I do not need any of the other stuff. Oh well, at this point with this series it seems to be becoming too difficult. I am seriously considering my collecting days to be over or at least very limited. This kind of difficulty makes it uninteresting for me.

And disheartening. It's way too much to collect and too much expense.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2013, 03:07:44 PM »
Ordered last night via paypal. Transaction completed yet no shipping notice today. Odd. I guess this promotion is quite successfull.

Andrew

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
I got impatient and bugged the support people. This was their response to my query:

Quote from: topps
Normally this would have shipped already but due to the high volume of orders for the Wacky Special it is taking slightly longer. It should ship today...
maybe they are waiting to see how many orders there before actually creating all the funpaks

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2013, 04:31:07 PM »
maybe they are waiting to see how many orders there before actually creating all the funpaks

I doubt it as they knew this was coming for awhile. Remember the fun packs are also made up of OLDS and ANS stuff they pulled from damaged boxes and such. I'm sure they have quite a few.
What I'm hoping is to find some of the great sketches that the artists posted but never showed up in the wild. I'm also hoping to pull at least one of the Camera OLDS4 cigarette sketches. Only a couple have shown up.
I hope, I hope, I hope.

Offline MadMike

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2013, 05:04:09 PM »
My order said "pending" also when I checked with paypal.  I had not seen this before.  It finally went through.

WHEW!!!!!!!!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2013, 07:07:42 PM »
Maybe if I buy enough resealed packs, I'll get ones that have been surreptitiously not resealed, the underhanded dealers selling me original sealed packs in place of the doctored ones, thus pulling off a double switcharoo. It's all psychology ;)
LOL!  Would buying "sealed" packs on ebay be different from buying packs on ebay?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2013, 07:09:47 PM »
Ordered last night via paypal. Transaction completed yet no shipping notice today. Odd. I guess this promotion is quite successfull.

Andrew
I didn't order anything, my paypal transaction is still pending but I did get a shipping notice....even odder!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »

I think its really a bad deal with not being able to order ANS10 boxes. I believe they are doing this on purpose and that probably also goes for ANS10 binders.
They are trying to move dead stock with this promotion and that's a pretty shitty thing to do. They have had ANS9 on their site for how long? Now they all of a sudden have run out of ANS10 boxes? IT'S TOPPS! If they really ran out of boxes they should be sold out. I have a hunch you will see them back on later this week.
Again I believe they are using this to turn older stuff.