Author Topic: Was I asleep at the ANS10 Wheel?  (Read 4586 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Was I asleep at the ANS10 Wheel?
« on: March 17, 2013, 06:45:30 PM »
Hello my fellow Wackys,

I am confused and VERY frustrated.  As an AVID collector, I have always believed in fairness in collecting.  That being said, I religiously checked the Topps site every couple of hours every day from March 1st on........ NEVER did I see ANS10 offered, and as of Sunday night, still nothing or even a notebook!?!?!?!  I just wanted to order my box and go from there......

Did Topps EVER offer these on-line or did they sell out to back door distributors who have now horded them to profit on eBAY?

I looks like I will need to take a 2nd mortgage to get a complete set of ANS10!?!?!?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:17:24 PM by vahsurfer »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Was I asleep at the ANS10 Wheel?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 07:34:41 PM »
the Topps Online store is only useful for the Old Schools, special Postcards and Comics releases.

ANS releases are through dealers and stores. It's been that way since ANS1. Nothing's changed.
Head out to Target & Walmart for retail, and go to Potomac/Blowout/DACards/etc. for dealer boxes. ANS10 just came out last week, so it's in stock everywhere.

Topps will probably eventually get around to stocking some ANS10 stuff online this week or next, but as before it'll just be a bit of retail and sell through fluff.
And rumor is there will be no notebook for ANS10.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:43:44 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 07:39:07 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I am curious then.  I bought OS4 as a pre-release with it's notebook as well as ANS9 the same way? Hmmm.......

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I am curious then.  I bought OS4 as a pre-release with it's notebook as well as ANS9 the same way? Hmmm.......
ahhh. meant to say Old School in there as well. corrected my post.
the topps exclusive stuff (OLDS, postcards, notebooks) sells primarily through their website.
anything that's meant for retail (ANS, erasers, etc.) has limited sales through the web.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 07:53:07 PM »
Gotcha!  TIA!

Poor planning on my part - Knowledge is POWER!

Offline PG Lips

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 07:53:40 PM »
the Topps Online store is only useful for the Old Schools, special Postcards and Comics releases.

ANS releases are through dealers and stores. It's been that way since ANS1. Nothing's changed.
Head out to Target & Walmart for retail, and go to Potomac/Blowout/DACards/etc. for dealer boxes. ANS10 just came out last week, so it's in stock everywhere.

Topps will probably eventually get around to stocking some ANS10 stuff online this week or next, but as before it'll just be a bit of retail and sell through fluff.
And rumor is there will be no notebook for ANS10.

No ANS10 Binder -  maybe a set of Super Deluxe 40th Anniversary (1973-2013) binders sometime in June to hold all of our 2013 Wackys?

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 08:00:59 PM »
There's the April 1st surprise coming up, so who knows.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 09:40:04 PM »
Hello my fellow Wackys,

I am confused and VERY frustrated.  As an AVID collector, I have always believed in fairness in collecting.  That being said, I religiously checked the Topps site every couple of hours every day from March 1st on........ NEVER did I see ANS10 offered, and as of Sunday night, still nothing or even a notebook!?!?!?!  I just wanted to order my box and go from there......

Did Topps EVER offer these on-line or did they sell out to back door distributors who have now horded them to profit on eBAY?

I looks like I will need to take a 2nd mortgage to get a complete set of ANS10!?!?!?

Have you even looked at our ANS10 thread...LOL
I don't mean LOL in a sarcastic way, but we have been discussing this since Nov or Dec. it's been a flurry of messages in the last 7 days. If you follow the forum you would not be missing out at all. You still have time. The series is only 5 days old.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:46:38 PM by BumChex »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 04:08:49 PM »
No Sarcasm taken!  I visited my local Wal*Mart and Target - NADA!  :sad:

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 07:03:38 PM »
Four Boxes ON THE WAY!!!!  ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »
Four Boxes ON THE WAY!!!!  ;D

Hobby or collector boxes?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 10:12:30 AM »
There's the April 1st surprise coming up, so who knows.

I forgot about that!  I haven't been as active with Wackys lately, but I don't recall seeing just about anything in regards to April 1st.  Anyone know anything?  Anyone want to speculate?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 10:29:29 AM »
I forgot about that!  I haven't been as active with Wackys lately, but I don't recall seeing just about anything in regards to April 1st.  Anyone know anything?  Anyone want to speculate?

My guess is another comic book.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 10:38:25 AM »
My guess is another comic book.

April's going to be pretty wacky!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
April's going to be pretty wacky!

We still have our hands full with ANS10. I can't catch by breath. Yikes!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 07:43:24 AM »
Collector's Boxes.  I spoke up about the fact only a VERY limited (12 or so) Hobby Stores got the Hobby Boxes (with unique content), which means the Hobby Store Owners are going to break apart the packs and whore them on eBay; I do not think that was original thought for distribution.

On a positive note they did confirm there are 9 Cereal Boxes (3 sets of 3) and an ANS10 Binder coming out shortly!

anything