Author Topic: Magnets.  (Read 16712 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Magnets.
« on: March 01, 2013, 07:37:33 PM »
Obviously everyone has heard of the popular t.v. tagline for "got milk". Well I had in mind about possibly having some magnets made by a local company in my hometown that would say "Got Wacky Packages". The magnets will have a black background and the 3 words will be in white letters, I wanted to pass this along not only to all the forum members on here, But also to those who just simply log on here as a guest. I won't get a price quote til next week, But the man asked me how many I would possibly need, And I estimated between 50-100. For all those interested in one, Send me a pm and I will write your name down on a piece of tablet paper. The magnets will be slightly bigger than a business card and would be perfect to display on your refrig, filing cabinet, etc. Looking forward to your reply.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Re: Magnets.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 04:31:08 AM »
I think it would be cooler (and classier) if they just said:

"Got Wackys?"
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 05:31:44 AM »

"Got Wackys?"

Agreed!

Offline chipereno

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 07:00:12 AM »
Got me some of dem dar Wackys

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 10:44:21 AM »

"Got Wackys?"

Nice thought, But IMO You just have to include the word packages in there.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 11:06:51 AM »
Got me some of dem dar Wackys

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »
Obviously everyone has heard of the popular t.v. tagline for "got milk". Well I had in mind about possibly having some magnets made by a local company in my hometown that would say "Got Wacky Packages". The magnets will have a black background and the 3 words will be in white letters, I wanted to pass this along not only to all the forum members on here, But also to those who just simply log on here as a guest. I won't get a price quote til next week, But the man asked me how many I would possibly need, And I estimated between 50-100. For all those interested in one, Send me a pm and I will write your name down on a piece of tablet paper. The magnets will be slightly bigger than a business card and would be perfect to display on your refrig, filing cabinet, etc. Looking forward to your reply.

I know where Busted-Finger & Raw Goo are on this, But I want others opinion on this as well, Send me a pm with your choice of wording:

1. Got Wacky's?
2. Got Wacky Packages?

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »

I know where Busted-Finger & Raw Goo are on this, But I want others opinion on this as well, Send me a pm with your choice of wording:

1. Got Wacky's?
2. Got Wacky Packages?
Got Wacky's!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 08:56:12 PM »
Got Wacky's!

Wackies
Wackys
Wacky's

Which is correct?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
Wackies
Wackys
Wacky's

Which is correct?

I think we can rule out Wacky's  but the debate between the other two is like the Trekkies vs Trekkers conflict and will probably not be resolved here to suit everyone.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Final Step

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 04:23:09 AM »
I think we can rule out Wacky's  but the debate between the other two is like the Trekkies vs Trekkers conflict and will probably not be resolved here to suit everyone.

Wacky's is possessive and is out. Wackys looks better, but Wackies is the correct way to pluralize Wacky (change the y to i and add es).  LOL!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 05:42:15 AM »
Wacky's is possessive and is out. Wackys looks better, but Wackies is the correct way to pluralize Wacky (change the y to i and add es).  LOL!

Yep, the possessive Wacky's is one of my pet peeves.  But, I prefer the plural spelling of Wackys, because I'm considering it as a proper name, like "there were two Barrys in the meeting." 

So, I'd vote for Got Wackys?

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 06:27:17 AM »
Yep, the possessive Wacky's is one of my pet peeves.  But, I prefer the plural spelling of Wackys, because I'm considering it as a proper name, like "there were two Barrys in the meeting." 

So, I'd vote for Got Wackys?
i agree with this as well.
Great way to describe the rationale for why it is definitely Wackys:  it's a proper noun. And as typed above, should always be capitalized. It's disrespectful of the cards and hobby otherwise.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 12:54:22 PM »
Wackies
Wackys
Wacky's

Which is correct?

After looking at all of these, Mrs Shoe & I have agreed with Final Step on here and think that the one with "ies" should be the chosen one. Including myself there are now 4 forum members interested in magnets,
Most likely the guy at that store will get back to me on Wed. So I'm hoping between tomorrow & Tues. I get 46 more of you interested-LOL.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »
Like Pat and Patrick, I would vote for "Wackys".

Especially since my browser flags it as a spelling error!!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 05:21:55 PM »

1. Got Wacky's?
2. Got Wacky Packages?

I believe "Wackys" is the official way to spell it, since the logo is trademarked/registered with a "y", making it part of any pluralization.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »

After looking at all of these, Mrs Shoe & I have agreed with Final Step on here and think that the one with "ies" should be the chosen one. Including myself there are now 4 forum members interested in magnets,
Most likely the guy at that store will get back to me on Wed. So I'm hoping between tomorrow & Tues. I get 46 more of you interested-LOL.

I have come up with a price quote, Of $6.50 each which includes the cost of the magnet and the s/h. I will be placing the order next Mon. March 11th. If interested in purchasing 1 or more, Please send me a pm by the 10th. The magnet wording choice will be "Got Wackies?" So far I have had a few responses, Looking forward to hearing from many more of you.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 01:34:30 PM »
i agree with this as well.
Great way to describe the rationale for why it is definitely Wackys:  it's a proper noun. And as typed above, should always be capitalized. It's disrespectful of the cards and hobby otherwise.
I vote this way too, totally fine with Wackys!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »

I have come up with a price quote, Of $6.50 each which includes the cost of the magnet and the s/h. I will be placing the order next Mon. March 11th. If interested in purchasing 1 or more, Please send me a pm by the 10th. The magnet wording choice will be "Got Wackies?" So far I have had a few responses, Looking forward to hearing from many more of you.
Mark,

Have you considered the way the voting is going here.....'Wackys' seems to be prevailing.  Do the folks who placed orders care one way or another?

Offline Final Step

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »
I believe "Wackys" is the official way to spell it, since the logo is trademarked/registered with a "y", making it part of any pluralization.

I thought about my earlier post and since it is a trademarked name like Yankees, Beatles, Monkees, the spelling as Wackys is o.k.  I said, it looked better as it resembled the real name more. If I were to buy a magnet, I say forget grammar and go for Got Wackys?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:16:55 PM by Final Step »

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »
I can't do "Wackies".  Has to be "Wackys" for me!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »
I can't do "Wackies".  Has to be "Wackys" for me!

OK This seems to be the obvious blue ribbon winner choice, So without any further adieu, The magnets will say "Got Wackys?"

Offline bandaches

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 07:26:23 PM »

OK This seems to be the obvious blue ribbon winner choice, So without any further adieu, The magnets will say "Got Wackys?"
Seems to be the right answer.

Offline chipereno

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 07:12:21 AM »

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »

LOL Good one Chip.

I have found out from the guy at the place I'm having the magnets done that they can have a color background, So for anyone that has already sent me a pm interested in the magnets, You can have the choice
I made or go with one of the colors from the original series wrappers such as blue, green, orange, red, or yellow. As I mentioned I'm taking pm's up til this Sun. the 10th.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »

I have found out from the guy at the place I'm having the magnets done that they can have a color background, So for anyone that has already sent me a pm interested in the magnets, You can have the choice
I made or go with one of the colors from the original series wrappers such as blue, green, orange, red, or yellow. As I mentioned I'm taking pm's up til this Sun. the 10th.

I'd be curious to see a proof of what it will look like once it done.  Do you think the magnet company will send you a computer proof before they are actually print them up?

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 05:37:06 PM »
Mark,

Thanks for your efforts on this item. PM coming.

Andrew

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 02:24:16 AM »

Shoe, "Got Wackys" Red Lettering with yellow background. I'll take one . If You want a check now. you got it

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 06:08:36 PM »
Shoe, "Got Wackys" Red Lettering with yellow background. I'll take one . If You want a check now. you got it

Thank you John, I can do the red background with white letters, I have your name down on the list for one.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 09:32:41 AM »

1st of all, Wanted to let you all know that the order for the magnets was placed today, Will take 2 weeks til they come in, Thank you to all who pm'd me with an interest in one. 2nd Even though I'm very pleased with the over 400 and more that viewed this thread, I'm obviously disappointed with the turnout, But that is expected from time to time and I have to accept that. The letters of the word wackys will be done in font style and I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »

Thank you John, I can do the red background with white letters, I have your name down on the list for one.
So what was the final verdict on this?  Ruffs requested one thing and then you responded with a different version.

Perhaps you could post a scan of the layout your printer proposed to you and you might get more orders.  I would say right now, not everyone is exactly sure what is being produced here.  BTW - I viewed this thread 100 more times today so you are up to 500....just kidding but just making the point that number of views on a thread is meaningless.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 07:18:59 PM »
So what was the final verdict on this?  Ruffs requested one thing and then you responded with a different version.

Perhaps you could post a scan of the layout your printer proposed to you and you might get more orders.  I would say right now, not everyone is exactly sure what is being produced here.  BTW - I viewed this thread 100 more times today so you are up to 500....just kidding but just making the point that number of views on a thread is meaningless.

Ruffs will be getting his magnet done the way he wanted, I'm sure the no. of views on any thread is meaningless, But I was still highly anticipating having more than 20 magnets made. I think the reason why I didn't get the big response I wanted is because everyone is focusing their thoughts on ans 10 now.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 12:35:12 PM »

The magnet order came in today, Here is a pic. of them:

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 12:53:44 PM »

The magnet order came in today, Here is a pic. of them:

Mark, I especially like the yellow text against the blue, green, and red backgrounds

Did an artist make the "Got" in Wacky font? That is well done