Author Topic: 9 TO LIFE COMBO...........  (Read 3298 times)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

9 TO LIFE COMBO...........
« on: February 28, 2013, 03:08:35 PM »
                                                                     LOST WAGES         NEVEDA           56789                  SMOKIN' JOE                  NOT 4 THE SQUEAMISH

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:56:51 PM by deadpresidentsvisa »
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: 9 TO LIFE COMBO...........
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:55:44 PM »
That's pretty cool. I bought a few other postcard sketches from the artists as well.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:02:18 PM »
                                                                  Now you know where the Tombs Burgler art went
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 04:38:59 PM »

That's really cool.  It's sketch cards like that which have really sold me on these.  Wasn't a fan at first, but I'm warming up to them.

Anyone think it would be a really cool idea to try to get Topps to release FAN-drawn sketch cards?  If CBS's "Survivor" can do "Fan vs. Favorites" episodes, why not let the Wacky Pack fans get into the action.  It worked for Odd Rods years ago.  And seems like half the current Wacky Pack artists are ex-collectors anyway.  Wouldn't it be cool to see some fan-driven Wacky character mash-ups or something?  Just a thought.  I'd be totally in if it ever happened anyway.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 07:20:24 AM »
That's really cool.  It's sketch cards like that which have really sold me on these.  Wasn't a fan at first, but I'm warming up to them.

Anyone think it would be a really cool idea to try to get Topps to release FAN-drawn sketch cards?  If CBS's "Survivor" can do "Fan vs. Favorites" episodes, why not let the Wacky Pack fans get into the action.  It worked for Odd Rods years ago.  And seems like half the current Wacky Pack artists are ex-collectors anyway.  Wouldn't it be cool to see some fan-driven Wacky character mash-ups or something?  Just a thought.  I'd be totally in if it ever happened anyway.

That's a neat idea, but I'm not sure how many of us have enough drawing talent to make decent sketches.  It might turn out to be more comical than anything else, but it would be entertaining for sure! 

I know I could probably do a decent sketch by copying a Wacky character, but I'm lost doing it freelance. 

We could play around with it for fun by just using the backs of the ANS7 inserts promo cards because they are uncoated and make for a good sketch surface.  Anyone that bought boxes of those has stacks of them because there were so many in packs.     

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 02:41:10 PM »
You may want to check out my facebook page esp. if you have not seen images of all the postcards and keep clicking the "see more recent stories" for more images
Lance K Michael

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »
That's pretty cool. I bought a few other postcard sketches from the artists as well.
LET THE POSTING BEGIN THEN

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
                                                                    LOST WAGES         NEVEDA           56789                  SMOKIN' JOE                  NOT 4 THE SQUIMISH

JUST IN CASE MEMBERS HAVE NOT SEEN THESE
           JOHN ZELEZNIK

MATTHEW KIRSCHT

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:47:05 PM by deadpresidentsvisa »

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »
You may want to check out my facebook page esp. if you have not seen images of all the postcards and keep clicking the "see more recent stories" for more images
Lance K Michael
I SCANNED SOME OF THE POSTCARDS WITH THE LID OPEN THAT CAUSED SOME SLIGHT BLURRINESS

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 01:38:52 PM »
That's a neat idea, but I'm not sure how many of us have enough drawing talent to make decent sketches.  It might turn out to be more comical than anything else, but it would be entertaining for sure! 

I know I could probably do a decent sketch by copying a Wacky character, but I'm lost doing it freelance. 

We could play around with it for fun by just using the backs of the ANS7 inserts promo cards because they are uncoated and make for a good sketch surface.  Anyone that bought boxes of those has stacks of them because there were so many in packs.     

I don't think I have any of those promos, but it would be a cool thing to try.  I'd rather have a sketch card from a collector I've known for 15 years than one from an artist I've never met anyway.  Jay and Dave and George count for both, of course.  Either that or we could make cards from photos of Shoemaker's 'Pupsi' arm tattoo... uh... or not.