Author Topic: bigtomi's items for sale  (Read 16163 times)

Offline bigtomi

bigtomi's items for sale
« on: February 16, 2013, 07:33:09 PM »
I don't honestly expect this thread to be filled with item after item as I don't really sell much, but I wanted to start it off, anyway, to isolate my cr...stuff from others'.

We begin with a 1973 Toadal poster. Not something offered every day, I suppose. It's been rolled up for a while and it is in excellent shape, no damage to speak of, just tiny wear along edges, no rips or tears that I have noticed yet. The pic below is taken directly from the auction in which I won it, so that's it exactly. I'll take offers for a week or so to give everyone a chance...and then decide next step.

Thanks!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: bigtomi's items for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »
So that was you that outbid me....

I just needed the cheepios myself.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:43:58 PM »
So that was you that outbid me....

I just needed the cheepios myself.
Sorry, bro...that was the one I needed, too. Wished he'd broken them up. I could use a nicer Weakies, as well...

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 07:48:44 PM »
So what's the deal with these? They're unfolded and in plastic sleeves. I don't recall hearing about any being found that way. Maybe they were promotional giveaways?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:17:19 PM »
So what's the deal with these? They're unfolded and in plastic sleeves. I don't recall hearing about any being found that way. Maybe they were promotional giveaways?
[click, as lightbulb goes on]
Yeah, it appears all of the ones in this auction are unfolded. The plastic sleeves look like this:

The small red text on the plastic reads: Contents: 1 poster   (c) Topps Chewing Gum, Inc., Duryea, PA 18642 Made & Printed in U.S.A.
(I can probably get a more legible scan of the sleeve, if anyone's interested)

I would say that, as usual Patrick, you're dead on with these being promos of some kind, probably given to stores by salesmen or the like. Would help explain how both Toadal and Cheapios were together in a lot in two sleeves. Wow! Thanks for slapping me across the face with this...I almost dumped the sleeves in the trash!! What a moron chicken I'd have been!

I may have to reconsider if I want to sell this Toadal...I do have another (which is very nice, but was folded) which I'd offer instead.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 07:43:35 AM »
...I almost dumped the sleeves in the trash!!
you're funny. you had me going there for a second thinking that you didn't actually know what you were bidding on. ;)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »
you're funny. you had me going there for a second thinking that you didn't actually know what you were bidding on. ;)
Thanks for giving me that much credit, but I really didn't get it until you pointed it out. How pathetic of a collector am I? or, at least, how unobservant? LOL

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 12:09:42 PM »
Thanks for giving me that much credit, but I really didn't get it until you pointed it out. How pathetic of a collector am I? or, at least, how unobservant? LOL
Unobservant??  You were with me when we discovered the oddie boy, weren't you?  You sure were observant then!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 06:49:01 PM »
Unobservant??  You were with me when we discovered the oddie boy, weren't you?  You sure were observant then!
Thanks, Ern, for the vote of confidence, but that was a few years back. Seems my "observance" has diminished a bit since...lol.

Offline Kook

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 07:04:52 PM »

I totally missed that too! I was considering bidding to upgrade my cheepios (my weakies & toadal are pretty nice), but I really didn't want to spend a lot because of the krinkle marks in the cheepios from being rolled up & probably squeezed a bit. I totally overlooked the tube/bag & label figuring it was a collector storing them, not thinking it was a topps promo. Great find. Congratulations on the win!

Offline Kook

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 07:08:03 PM »
[click, as lightbulb goes on]
Yeah, it appears all of the ones in this auction are unfolded. The plastic sleeves look like this:

The small red text on the plastic reads: Contents: 1 poster   (c) Topps Chewing Gum, Inc., Duryea, PA 18642 Made & Printed in U.S.A.
(I can probably get a more legible scan of the sleeve, if anyone's interested)

A better scan would be great. The auction really didn't showcase the tubes well.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 07:19:45 PM »
I totally missed that too! I was considering bidding to upgrade my cheepios (my weakies & toadal are pretty nice), but I really didn't want to spend a lot because of the krinkle marks in the cheepios from being rolled up & probably squeezed a bit. I totally overlooked the tube/bag & label figuring it was a collector storing them, not thinking it was a topps promo. Great find. Congratulations on the win!
Don't feel bad, I never saw the auction at all.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 07:33:02 PM »
hmmmm. well in that case, somehow it only seems fair, at least to me, that I should be able to partake of the spoils...  :D

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 08:01:39 AM »

Didn't Elizabeth sell a complete unfolded poster set a few years back?  I don't collect the posters but I thought I remember seeing it on Greg's forum.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 08:16:59 AM »
Didn't Elizabeth sell a complete unfolded poster set a few years back?  I don't collect the posters but I thought I remember seeing it on Greg's forum.
It's possible that Cheryl Sweppy did -- I alas don't have even one unfolded poster.  :'(

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 08:19:43 AM »
It's possible that Cheryl Sweppy did -- I alas don't have even one unfolded poster.  :'(

Sorry, maybe is was Cheryl.  What was her avatar on Greg's forum? 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 08:24:28 AM »
Sorry, maybe is was Cheryl.  What was her avatar on Greg's forum? 
Hipton -- haven't seen her much on this forum....

Offline bandaches

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »
Hipton -- haven't seen her much on this forum....
She is not active on any wacky pack forum.  I believe pinball collecting has consumed her and wackys are a thing of the past.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 05:18:20 PM »
The Toadal poster has found a new home! Thanks to all who participated.

Offline The Boy

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »
Hey all, I am looking for a '73 Cheapios poster if anyone has one. Does not have to be perfect. Need it to go along with my Toadal and Weakies posters. I have some other 73 poster if you want to trade...

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 03:15:52 PM »
Not really for sale, but the best place to post this: I have 4 Mario Bros and 9 You'll Die Laughing cards I want to get rid of. Just cover postage and they're yours. First PM gets 'em.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 01:37:56 PM »
OK, was cleaning up/reorganizing my extra Wacky stuff and have 3 OS posters which I want to unload quickly. See pic of them below. I'm thinking $10 shipped takes 'em all. PM me, if interested.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »
The posters are sold! Sold! SOLD! (if Mecum was selling them)    :]

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 05:15:53 PM »
Nothing real special today, but I have a 50th anniversary silver Chef Girl-ar-dee medallion #35/50 for sale. PM me with any offers. Would rather sell here than eBay...and will take less than eBay rates. Thanks!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2019, 04:27:48 PM »
Not specifically a Wacky item, but I have shifted my OS extras into different storage media and thought I'd offer my old acrylic storage cases for sale here first. Those of you who have attended the Allentown/Philly show fairly recently know what I am referring to. I have 8 of these available cheap...and would prefer to distribute them to a new owner at the show versus shipping them. However, I am willing to do whatever to get them to another home, if someone out there is interested, versus dumping them into the trash. The Container Store is where I bought them, here is a link to what they look like.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 12:46:29 AM »
Those look nice!  Do cards in toploaders fit in them?  Even if not, I'd be interested, as most of my extra raw stickers and checklists are just in penny sleeves.  I like the clear cases better than the cardboard storage boxes.

Not sure yet about the spring show, but there is slight chance that I will be able to make it.  Fingers crossed!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »
Do cards in toploaders fit in them?
Sorry, no.

most of my extra raw stickers and checklists are just in penny sleeves.
Penny sleeved cards will fit in these, but they're a bit snug. Raw stickers/cards work better.

Not sure yet about the spring show, but there is slight chance that I will be able to make it.  Fingers crossed!
I'll bring them to the show and will sell for the first reasonable offer.