Trading Post > Sell Wacky Packages

bigtomi's items for sale

(1/6) > >>

bigtomi:
I don't honestly expect this thread to be filled with item after item as I don't really sell much, but I wanted to start it off, anyway, to isolate my cr...stuff from others'.

We begin with a 1973 Toadal poster. Not something offered every day, I suppose. It's been rolled up for a while and it is in excellent shape, no damage to speak of, just tiny wear along edges, no rips or tears that I have noticed yet. The pic below is taken directly from the auction in which I won it, so that's it exactly. I'll take offers for a week or so to give everyone a chance...and then decide next step.

Thanks!

Fanatical_and_Sickly:
So that was you that outbid me....

I just needed the cheepios myself.

bigtomi:

--- Quote from: Fanatical_and_Sickly on February 16, 2013, 07:36:16 PM ---So that was you that outbid me....

I just needed the cheepios myself.

--- End quote ---
Sorry, bro...that was the one I needed, too. Wished he'd broken them up. I could use a nicer Weakies, as well...

Fanatical_and_Sickly:
So what's the deal with these? They're unfolded and in plastic sleeves. I don't recall hearing about any being found that way. Maybe they were promotional giveaways?

bigtomi:

--- Quote from: Fanatical_and_Sickly on February 16, 2013, 07:48:44 PM ---So what's the deal with these? They're unfolded and in plastic sleeves. I don't recall hearing about any being found that way. Maybe they were promotional giveaways?

--- End quote ---
[click, as lightbulb goes on]
Yeah, it appears all of the ones in this auction are unfolded. The plastic sleeves look like this:

The small red text on the plastic reads: Contents: 1 poster   (c) Topps Chewing Gum, Inc., Duryea, PA 18642 Made & Printed in U.S.A.
(I can probably get a more legible scan of the sleeve, if anyone's interested)

I would say that, as usual Patrick, you're dead on with these being promos of some kind, probably given to stores by salesmen or the like. Would help explain how both Toadal and Cheapios were together in a lot in two sleeves. Wow! Thanks for slapping me across the face with this...I almost dumped the sleeves in the trash!! What a moron chicken I'd have been!

I may have to reconsider if I want to sell this Toadal...I do have another (which is very nice, but was folded) which I'd offer instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version