Author Topic: Run of Unopened Packs on Ebay  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Run of Unopened Packs on Ebay
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »
I was excited to see a full 1-16 run of GAI graded unopened packs on ebay today. I don't think a 1st series pack has been listed on ebay since 2004, if memory serves. The GAI flips are all "first generation." I need to double check, but I'm pretty sure this GAI era is pretty well-trusted as to legitimacy.

Only one problem: the "11th series pack" the seller has up is really a 12th series pack. I experienced a moment of great excitement, as an 85-fold 11th green with '75 wall poster ad is one of the very few unopened packs I'm still not sure exists. However, my excitement was dashed when I saw "Aquax" showing through the back. Oh well.

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: Run of Unopened Packs on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 07:02:04 PM »
Series 1,2,3,4,5,13,15,16 already gone. Not too surprised that the 1st series pack would sell for $725, but series 2-4 were priced pretty aggressively. I guess the market for unopened material when certified is still pretty strong.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 09:27:25 PM »
I looked at those packs and I thought $700+ might be a stretch for series one. I could be totally wrong but once I saw this auction and read his description I had a bad feeling about everything this person is selling eBay auction: #121064614669

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 10:22:40 PM »
I looked at those packs and I thought $700+ might be a stretch for series one. I could be totally wrong but once I saw this auction and read his description I had a bad feeling about everything this person is selling eBay auction: #121064614669
He is a nice guy who is careless sometimes. He had listed Bum and Choke separately and included the same stickers in a series 4 complete set that I called out for him yesterday.  I believe he sometimes visits the Allentown shows with Tutalo.  His referring to his bandache in this set as nice shape is laughable as it is borderless.  I bet he has no idea.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 03:56:09 AM »
I looked at those packs and I thought $700+ might be a stretch for series one. 

It's one of those items where you might as well throw away the price guide, because it could be another 10 years before
you get the chance again. If I didn't already have it and was convinced the pack was legitimate I'd pay that price.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 04:04:37 AM »
Somebody bought the 11th that's really a 12th.

It's funny, looking at what's still left from the run tells the story about which packs are common. From the 1-16 run he posted, what's left are series 6,7,8,9,10,12 and 14....all the most common packs.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 09:16:03 AM »
It's one of those items where you might as well throw away the price guide, because it could be another 10 years before
you get the chance again. If I didn't already have it and was convinced the pack was legitimate I'd pay that price.
I should probably sell mine as it sounds like it would mean more to someone else than me.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 08:43:25 AM »

I see there is a slabbed Cloth pack for $1,250.  Yikes!
Still looking for Series 17

anything