Author Topic: Postcards Series 9  (Read 14519 times)

Offline DrDeal

Postcards Series 9
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:06:35 AM »
Any news on this release? It seems like its about time.

Andrew

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Postcards Series 9
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:56:10 AM »
I hope the news is that they aren't coming out anytime soon. we've got ANS10 coming in a month
May or June release is fine by me.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:38:31 AM »
I think Patrick's right. Let's digest ANS10 first...

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:07:11 AM »
I think Patrick's right. Let's digest ANS10 first...
As large and complicated as ANS 10 is it may take a while to digest.......   :-\  ;)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 02:17:09 PM »
I called Topps Online today to see what was coming in WP's. Only news is Next PC set is due 3/13.

Andrew

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 09:54:45 AM »
I called Topps Online today to see what was coming in WP's. Only news is Next PC set is due 3/13.

Andrew

The next postcard set, or ANS10?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 10:15:32 AM »
The next postcard set, or ANS10?

supposedly both the same day.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 10:17:18 AM »
supposedly both the same day.

That has to be a mistake.  I bet the person on the phone got mixed up or there was miscommunication somewhere in there. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »
That has to be a mistake.  I bet the person on the phone got mixed up or there was miscommunication somewhere in there. 

I hope you're right. This is getting crazy expensive.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »
I hope you're right. This is getting crazy expensive.

Not to mention trying to deal with two releases on the same day!  One at a time please.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 11:36:05 AM »
Not to mention trying to deal with two releases on the same day!  One at a time please.
I'll guess around May for the postcard release....................................
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 02:38:18 PM »

I hope this is right, and I can order some cool new Wacky Postcards on 3/13!!!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 03:41:09 PM »

I specifcally asked if there would be a limited and non limited PC set and he did not know that; just that the next PC set was due 3/13.

He said they had no info on ANS10.

Andrew

Offline dth1971

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »
I specifcally asked if there would be a limited and non limited PC set and he did not know that; just that the next PC set was due 3/13.

He said they had no info on ANS10.

Andrew

Maybe some Wacky Postcards Series 9 orders could include a special ANS10 Wacky Packages preview card.

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 08:13:28 PM »
Maybe some Wacky Postcards Series 9 orders could include a special ANS10 Wacky Packages preview card.
lol.
Never the twain shall meet.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 08:54:27 PM »
lol.
Never the twain shall meet.

Daryl has a lot of ideas but none will take. It's great to have ideas but you have to follow Topps to really understand them. PC Cards have never advertised any other series. OLDS hasn't except for the next OLDS series.

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 09:01:10 PM »
Daryl has a lot of ideas but none will take. It's great to have ideas but you have to follow Topps to really understand them. PC Cards have never advertised any other series. OLDS hasn't except for the next OLDS series.
yeah, I thought Neil or Dave or someone mentioned that toppsonline is basically completely separate from topps corp

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 09:16:07 PM »
yeah, I thought Neil or Dave or someone mentioned that toppsonline is basically completely separate from topps corp

I think you are correct. These guys are total knuckleheads. They can't put both together. Typical corporation bullshit.

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 08:21:53 AM »
Didn't the Green Old School 3 boxes advertise Topps' Legacy Mars Attacks series on a side panel or am I getting a dab senile in my old age. Wait, I think that was the Wacky Packs series one poster boxes

Fats
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:58:18 AM by chickenfat2010 »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 11:56:10 AM »
I think you are correct. These guys are total knuckleheads. They can't put both together. Typical corporation bullshit.

Easy...their dimwit dots!!!

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 05:56:42 PM »
Easy...their dimwit dots!!!

That's a helluva cup of coffee!  :great:

I actually remember pulling this one back in the day. Classic Wacky: few words, crisp art. Love it.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »
Spoke to Topps again today. Info on PC 9 on 3/13 was in error. ANS10 is the only product releasing that day.
Sorry for the bad info. Source got mixed up. No set date as on now for PC9.

Andrew

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 06:02:18 PM »
Spoke to Topps again today. Info on PC 9 on 3/13 was in error. ANS10 is the only product releasing that day.
Sorry for the bad info. Source got mixed up. No set date as on now for PC9.

Andrew

Thanks for the update Andrew. That seems to make a little more business sense.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 06:27:00 AM »
Now I bet Postcards Series 9 will get released by this Summer 2013, possibly at the same time as the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con which Topps never takes part in it anymore.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 06:43:59 AM »
Now I bet Postcards Series 9 will get released by this Summer 2013

I predict Hustler will get his PC9 set 'round about Valentines Day 2013

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 06:49:18 AM »
I'm hoping Topps doesn't do anything extreme to change the Postcard series, like they've done with ANS10.  I would hate to be ambivalent about a new postcard set release.......

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 09:17:31 AM »
I'm hoping Topps doesn't do anything extreme to change the Postcard series, like they've done with ANS10.  I would hate to be ambivalent about a new postcard set release.......
If they do, that will become another wacky series I stop collecting
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 09:54:10 AM »
I predict Hustler will get his PC9 set 'round about Valentines Day 2013

Now your talking and I will sell you a set after that.... :] :]

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 11:27:35 AM »
too late, the PC's are already there.

I would argue it's the PC's that brought us to having two versions of ANS10, by offering those 'collector edition' postcard sets with the sketches, autographs, alternate bonus cards, etc. - that all sell out within hours or days, as well as the standard postcard sets. It's worked for the PC's, so why not try it with ANS?
And the PC's keep evolving too, like with the last Halloween set - shaped cards and even different versions of the same base card.
I say expect more of the same from both series.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
Sure Topps is mixing it up but I'm jazzed just to keep being able to get new series.  Regardless of what they add you can still just collect base stickers if your a Wacky purist.  Since 2004 we've had 9 uninterrupted years of Wackys and that's pretty awesome.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 12:06:01 PM »
too late, the PC's are already there.

I would argue it's the PC's that brought us to having two versions of ANS10, by offering those 'collector edition' postcard sets with the sketches, autographs, alternate bonus cards, etc. - that all sell out within hours or days, as well as the standard postcard sets. It's worked for the PC's, so why not try it with ANS?
And the PC's keep evolving too, like with the last Halloween set - shaped cards and even different versions of the same base card.
I say expect more of the same from both series.

I know what you mean, but at least there aren't 1:3000 odds for insert sets of 10 titles, and they seem to have finally gotten the point that the set purchase limit should correlate with being able to get as many bio cards as are produced.  The worst thing they did was the PCM cards that required purchase of 2 regular sets for one PCM card, forcing a purchase of 6 PC series 7 sets to get one of each.  And they seem to have backed off that extreme. 

What has me most most irked about ANS10 is the Lost Wackys - having to order $1,500 worth of cards to get three unique titles is unacceptable, at least in my book.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »

Not to worry...I'm doing my best to keep it fun!

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 02:35:52 PM »
Sure Topps is mixing it up but I'm jazzed just to keep being able to get new series.  Regardless of what they add you can still just collect base stickers if your a Wacky purist.  Since 2004 we've had 9 uninterrupted years of Wackys and that's pretty awesome.
This is how I feel!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »
I know what you mean, but at least there aren't 1:3000 odds for insert sets of 10 titles, and they seem to have finally gotten the point that the set purchase limit should correlate with being able to get as many bio cards as are produced.  The worst thing they did was the PCM cards that required purchase of 2 regular sets for one PCM card, forcing a purchase of 6 PC series 7 sets to get one of each.  And they seem to have backed off that extreme. 

What has me most most irked about ANS10 is the Lost Wackys - having to order $1,500 worth of cards to get three unique titles is unacceptable, at least in my book.

I agree Pat.  On one hand I'm excited to open ANS10 packs, but on the other hand I'm already frustrated that I have zero chance to put all of the subsets together, and there will be a bunch with this series that will be realistically uncollectable.  At least with the postcard series you could get one of everything without breaking the bank.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2013, 03:58:59 PM »
Not to worry...I'm doing my best to keep it fun!

Thanks Neil for helping to keep it real. It's  disheartening, as a life time Wacky collector, to see ANS10 chase items looking so unattainable
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

anything