Author Topic: What is this worth?  (Read 16525 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: What is this worth?
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2013, 05:38:15 PM »
I wonder if you have the only set? It's just amazing how something like these glasses just show up out of nowhere. It seems to be finds at estate sales and such. People have hoards of stuff we may never see and they don't even know the value.

We know at least one other person has a set, since Tom just helped him complete it.

Offline Kook

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »
Brad, to my knowledge, these are the only 4 titles ever to surface. Fang was actually pretty recent history, it only just was found within the past 5-10 years (don't recall exactly when).

I think the Fang surfaced within the last year to year & 1/2. It was pretty recent. I think there is a thread on it here somewhere that the auction kicked off.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2013, 08:24:45 PM »
I wonder if you have the only set?
Why would you be wondering that, when I've stated I just assisted someone in completing theirs? I would imagine there is one or two other sets out there, at least.

People have hoards of stuff we may never see and they don't even know the value.
Obviously, the seller knew not what they had. This is a good thing for me, in this instance.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
I think the Fang surfaced within the last year to year & 1/2. It was pretty recent. I think there is a thread on it here somewhere that the auction kicked off.
I did a search here, Bill, and could not find it. I recalled it being on Greg's board when that happened, not here. So, I went there...and couldn't find it on the last board. I then went to the prior board (Greg's original forum) and searched...and found the thread. The messages are no longer viewable...but Paul Maul (Dave) started the thread on 11/20/09. This date is corroborated by Greg's web page on the drinking glasses. So, we were both right, lol. It was more recent than I thought...but longer ago than you did.  :great:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2013, 09:54:09 PM »
Why would you be wondering that, when I've stated I just assisted someone in completing theirs? I would imagine there is one or two other sets out there, at least.

Sorry, even when I re-read that I still see you discussing the truck. The mention of glasses is thrown in the mix. It's like when you have a conversation with someone and say but or however you totally forget what they originally said because that wasn't really not the point. Its a hard habit to let go. We are coached on it but it's still a tough deal for me.

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 09:18:53 AM »
Wacky clock

Not sure if this has been posted, but there is only one left of 157    (41.00 shipped)

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/finalscore/1254947/vintage_wacky_packages_1970s-2000s_pack_clock_with_12_pictures/handmade/housewares

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
Wacky clock

Not sure if this has been posted, but there is only one left of 157    (41.00 shipped)

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/finalscore/1254947/vintage_wacky_packages_1970s-2000s_pack_clock_with_12_pictures/handmade/housewares

I recall seeing those around before. I think they are uglier than crap. Just godawful.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »
Wacky clock

Not sure if this has been posted, but there is only one left of 157    (41.00 shipped)

This is a home made item, rather than Topps issued. Its a standard clock kit in which almost anything can be placed into the "shadow box" compartments. One could buy a similar kit at a local hobby craft store for about half the price and probably make a more attractive piece with the extra Wackies and wrappers you have stashed in a closet. As you can see, the compartments are not really the correct size for a sticker or wrapper however. Maybe the smaller album stickers would look nicer in the comparments. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:15:13 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)