Author Topic: Mega Trade  (Read 6671 times)

Offline moron_chicken

Mega Trade
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:23:09 PM »

Brian Lambert and I got together yesterday for a trade session.  After we finished we marveled about the significance of what had just changed hands because the rarity of all the items traded.  I thought I would post just to share with the group.

John got:
- eight 3rd series OPC tan backs
- three 2nd series tan backs
- Wacky Patches display box (19 cent version)
- Wacky Posters weakies version test display box
- Money

Brian got:
- two 13th series white backs
- Original Art Mex-Pax

I am ecstatic because I was able to complete my 3rd series OPC tan set!!!!!!!!!!  An very rare hard set to complete.  A funny story about that.  I knew I had some of the cards but forgot how many.  When I took them out I had totally forgot about an OPC auction I won on Ebay a while back that had OPC cards and the 3rd series tans were mixed in.  There were 14 of them.  They are near mint to mint condition, and it included sledge and no-tips both very hard to find for that set.  So I really scored on that Ebay auction and I sort of forgot about it til the trade occurred.   I am trying to find the auction to see how much I paid for them.  I know for sure it was not much because I would have remembered and noted a large dollar transaction.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Mega Trade
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
Brian Lambert and I got together yesterday for a trade session.  After we finished we marveled about the significance of what had just changed hands because the rarity of all the items traded.  I thought I would post just to share with the group.

John got:
- Money

Brian got:
- Original Art Mex-Pax

I am ecstatic because I was able to complete my 3rd series OPC tan set!!!!!!!!!!  An very rare hard set to complete.  A funny story about that.  I knew I had some of the cards but forgot how many.  When I took them out I had totally forgot about an OPC auction I won on Ebay a while back that had OPC cards and the 3rd series tans were mixed in.  There were 14 of them.  They are near mint to mint condition, and it included sledge and no-tips both very hard to find for that set.  So I really scored on that Ebay auction and I sort of forgot about it til the trade occurred.   I am trying to find the auction to see how much I paid for them.  I know for sure it was not much because I would have remembered and noted a large dollar transaction.

Love these stories, sounds like both sides did well, the ultimate win-win!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Kook

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:44:08 PM »

John got:
- Money

Brian got:
- Original Art Mex-Pax

Congratulations to you both. It's a good feeling when you're actually able to fill those tough holes in your collection. The OPC stuff is VERY tough. I've been looking for the last piece (bottom left) to my OPC 1st series light version puzzle for over 2 years. Any chance either of you (or someone else out there) have an extra piece or whole puzzle available?? Please PM if so.

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »
Love these stories, sounds like both sides did well, the ultimate win-win!

Yeah, it was definitely a fun time...  John and I have been getting together at least once a year for about the last 8-9 years. He happens to be the cloest Wacky collector near me, but it is still a 6 hour drive (350 miles) and 2 states away. I know there are some other Wacky collectors in Central Florida, but that is even farther 450 miles...  Sometimes we meet halfway at my lakehouse in Eufaula, AL which usually turns out to be a full weekend with the families, Wacky trading, great food & drinks, and excursions.  This past weekend was really quite different since we had some very cool & rare items on the table. Afterwards, John, his wife Susan, and I all went to a very cool Super Bowl party in North Atlanta, which was totally awesome.  His friend had three different venues set up to watch the game, and the food was incredible.  Needless to say, it was a late night drive home for me but well worth the time!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:55:24 PM by BRUTE_88 »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »
Man, I bet the Mex-Pax art is amazing. That would be a tough trade. Good for you guys!

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 08:04:28 AM »
Man, I bet the Mex-Pax art is amazing. That would be a tough trade. Good for you guys!

Hey Brad - This trade was for the 6th Series Mex Pax art... I already had the large Poster Art Mex Pax since Toppsvault auctioned it off years ago.  Now they compliment each other.  Actually, I posted a pic of them years ago on the old forum when John and I first got together with them.  I will have to dig it out and post it on here....

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 05:39:25 AM »
Hey Brad - This trade was for the 6th Series Mex Pax art... I already had the large Poster Art Mex Pax since Toppsvault auctioned it off years ago.  Now they compliment each other.  Actually, I posted a pic of them years ago on the old forum when John and I first got together with them.  I will have to dig it out and post it on here....

Found the picks from a few years ago... hope this works:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 07:50:14 AM »

The poster art is absolutely amazing! Congrats!

Offline Kook

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 08:29:23 AM »

Brian, are you on the left or right?

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 10:05:54 AM »
Brian, are you on the left or right?

I am on the right and that is John Kosturik on the left.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »
The poster is Saunders, the 6th series piece is not but both look amazing.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 05:43:30 PM »
It matters not, but just for clarity, Mex Pax is 7th.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
It matters not, but just for clarity, Mex Pax is 7th.

LOL, duh!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »

I remember seeing the Mex-Pax poster art when Brian brought it to Kirk Hardymon's office in Charlotte.  It is fantastic!  Congrats Brian on getting the matching piece.  I wonder if any other Poster/Sticker art combinations have been brought together like this?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »
I remember seeing the Mex-Pax poster art when Brian brought it to Kirk Hardymon's office in Charlotte.  It is fantastic!  Congrats Brian on getting the matching piece.  I wonder if any other Poster/Sticker art combinations have been brought together like this?

Thanks Loren.... and I had thought the same thing about other poster art pieces.  The only other match that may exist is Eric's 'Hawaiian Punks' pair, or possibly 'Camals' & 'Jail-O'.  Other than that, I own 8 other pieces of Poster art to which none of them previously had a match.  Therefore, it was pretty cool to be able to get 'em together!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:20:02 PM by BRUTE_88 »

Offline Hipton

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 07:10:44 PM »
Brian, good to see you and John wheelin' and dealin'! Sweet score on that Mex Pax art! I really love that poster, many thanks to Bandaches for the one in my collection. Not only is the artwork great, but it was the cheapest one!:)

anything