Author Topic: Blank Back 1985 #23 Lumps  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Stingline

Blank Back 1985 #23 Lumps
« on: February 03, 2013, 05:04:54 PM »
I just pulled a blank back Lumps from an unopened 1985 pack. I don't see this listed as a variant, is it just a printer's error? It has the right copyright and number on the front. I am fairly sure the pack was legit, the wax seemed intact on the corners and the top sticker was ruined by degraded gum. I'm just puzzled at the lack of puzzle on the back.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Blank Back 1985 #23 Lumps
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 06:22:01 AM »
I just pulled a blank back Lumps from an unopened 1985 pack. I don't see this listed as a variant, is it just a printer's error? It has the right copyright and number on the front. I am fairly sure the pack was legit, the wax seemed intact on the corners and the top sticker was ruined by degraded gum. I'm just puzzled at the lack of puzzle on the back.

I've seen the non-glossy backs but never heard of a 1985 with a blank back.  If it's legit it's probably a sheet that didn't get printed on the back.  Cool find! 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Online bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:12:22 AM »
Only one sticker in the pack had a blank back?  That is really odd as I would have thought all stickers in the pack came from the same sheet and hence if there was a blank back sheet, all stickers in the pack would follow suit.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Stingline

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 03:22:20 PM »

It was the only card in any of the 3 packs that was blank on the back, the rest were normal. I can't imagine anyone trying to fake an 85 pack, they only cost me a couple bucks each and the top cards in each pack were ruined. I guess it's some one-off weirdness.

anything